Chapter 49

Big Bang

 

Chapter 49

 

Seungri jolted awake as if electricity was inserted directly down the length of his spine. His chest heaved and he gasped, clawing at his throat trying to in much needed air. He took in too much, and broke into a rapid coughing fit that sent him collapsing back onto the bed. Seungri rubbed at his chest. The unconscious habit verified that his heart was beating so hard that it threatened to burst from his chest.

The sunrays of the torrid afternoon sun shones onto Seungri’s face, as his eyes winced at the deathly rays, squinting his eyes slightly as he observed the bright flame ball and its surrounding clouds from the nearby window.

Seungri finally took in his surroundings. He is in a small room. Everything was white. From the crisp sheets that covered him to the ceiling and walls. The smell was artificial, too clean, just like the white that covered everything in the room. Finally, Seungri realised that he is in a hospital.

Seungri had no idea how he got there. He closed his eyes, forcing his mind to recall his most recent, clearest memories. Slowly they came like a fast running movie. His last memory was of TOP saving him in the river due to Tae Yang’s attack and his other self merging with himself. Everything after that was a haze. Still his dream hung before him, the horrifying remnant of a memory. In his dream he had remembered everything what his other self said to him. More importantly he remembered how he became one with his other self.

Seungri pulled himself into a sitting position and slung his feet over the bed, and registered for the first time what he was wearing. He was covered in plain, loose pants and a short sleeve top. Both were the same white as everything else in the room. Seungri stared at the clothes with mounting confusion, wandering where his own clothes were.

Throwing his curiosity aside, Seungri rose to his feet and stood in front of the window. Seungri pulled down on his shirt, exposing his collar even more. Seungri let out a breath of relief when he could not see any bite marks on his collar in the reflection in the window. The dream just felt so real. Seungri stayed still, eyes closed and head swimming with dizzying relief.  A small smile slowly graced Seungri's features, as he placed a hand in front of his face. It just felt so different to have a memory in his body. He could even feel his energy and life flowing freely from his body.

“Welcome back, Lee Seung-hyun.” Seungri mused aloud, almost laughing at how his life looked like a piece of joke as he recalled the past memories that were flowing in his head.

Seungri took one last look at his reflection from the window with cold eyes, and exited the hospital room to visit Dae Sung.

***

Seungri walked towards Dae Sung’s room and pushed open the door without knocking. The first thing Seungri saw, was TOP, sitting on one of the chairs beside Dae Sung’s bed. TOP turned around at the sudden noise.

"How are you feeling?" TOP asked in concern.

Seungri did not answer his question as he sat down on the chair beside TOP, watching Dae Sung’s unmoving face for a brief moment.

"You gave me a scare yesterday." TOP confessed in a quiet voice. "I was sure you almost died."

Seungri smiled.

"Me? Dead?" Seungri shook his head, "can't get rid of me that easily."

TOP just shook his head at Seungri’s reply as he sat there quietly, combing Dae Sung’s dark hair with his fingers distractedly.

“G Dragon is currently busy trying to prevent news of you being admitted in the hospital from spreading through the media.” TOP said, pausing briefly. “Dae Sung being in the hospital had created enough havoc. We don’t need another.”

Seungri didn't say anything as he sat next to Dae Sung's bed in silence while TOP went to the nearby table to pour a cup of water.

After a few minutes, Seungri sighed and ran his fingers over his hair.

“TOP hyung…” Seungri inquired gently and softly. “Can I ask you a question?”

"Sure," TOP replied casually as he continued to pour water in his cup. “What do you want to ask?”

“Why are my belongings gone when I returned to the dorm?” Seungri asked as he faced TOP. “Can’t wait to get rid of me?”

"Maybe…" TOP answered quietly, a look of sorrow passed his features. “You were gone for 3 years. We have to move on.”

Seungri fell silent for a short while, letting the words process in his mind.

“Where are my belongings now?”  Seungri questioned.

TOP looked at the Seungri, allowing a moment's pause sympathy inching into his eyes, "If your belongings still exist, do you think G Dragon would give you his clothes?”

Seungri fell silent once more and nodded his head, indicating that he understood that his belongings are gone.

“If you are interested…” TOP answered lazily like sleepy tiger, stretching its sharp claws, "I can tell you who suggested burning your belongings into ashes.”

 “Who?” Seungri questioned, his voice lethally low.

"It’s Tae Yang.” TOP replied, as he observed Seungri’s unreadable expression, "Interesting isn’t it?”

Seungri’s eyes darkened as he heard the last few words leave TOP's mouth and his hands balled into a tight fist, until TOP strolled before him, gazing at him through his thick eyelashes and black sharp eyes.

TOP seemed to be thinking about something,"Seungri, there’s something I wanted to show you.”

"What is it?" Seungri sat up as he arched an eyebrow dubiously.

TOP reached into the back of his pants and pulled out a phone. He handed it to Seungri who looked perplexed.

Seungri looked up at TOP with surprise.

"What?" Seungri asked.

“Just take a look at the video.” TOP explained quickly.

***

Seungri watched the video of Dae Sung being attacked by Tae Yang and Hyun Seng in the hotel as his brows tangled and intertwined as he pondered hard at the newly discovered information.

Seungri lifted up his head and gazed at TOP with an unreadable expression and laughed softly.

TOP, on the other hand, kept his silence, waiting for Seungri to speak.

Seungri stood up from the chair and moved gracefully, almost sinuously, and stood in front of TOP.

Seungri parted his mouth, speaking slowly as if he were choosing his words very carefully, weighing every single letter.

“The reason why you showed me this is because you wanted me to join forces with you.” Seungri paused for a moment and continued on with a balanced light tone, carefully observing TOP's reaction. “You knew about this video all this while but, you are just waiting for the right moment to strike. Am I right, TOP Hyung?”

“Exactly.” TOP took a small sip of the drink gracefully, before placing it carelessly on the table.

TOP straightened, making eye contact with Seungri. "Good to know that you managed to capture my intentions so quickly. Since we have the same goal, do you want to join forces with me?" TOP inquired, a hint of mirth lightening his features.

Seungri’s lips tilted gently and looked at TOP with a sudden glint flashing over his eyes. ”It is my pleasure to join forces with you, TOP Hyung.”

"Great, but I have a request…" TOP began evenly and leisurely as he leaned back gently against the table. “Tae Yang will be my prey.”

Seungri nodded his head in response.

“If that’s all…” Seungri smiled delightfully as he walked towards the door, "I shall take my leave then."

As Seungri placed his hand on the door knob, TOP said in a lazy and meaningful tone, the glass of water idly, “Seungri, I would like to inform you that it was because of Hyun Seng that I am able to save you in time. In that video, it seems that Hyun Seng also helped Dae Sung too.”

Seungri turned a light degree, enough to watch TOP from the corner of his eyes. "Is that so? I know what to do now.Thank you for informing me, TOP Hyung"

"No problem." Seungri heard TOP chuckled maliciously as he left the Dae Sung’s room.

Seungri's smile disintegrated as soon as he left, and he continued to his room with a pondering mind, but the center of his palm warmed a little bit. He squeezed it tightly, trying to preserve it, but after a while, it escaped from him, leaving no trace of its whereabouts.