Chapter 8

Big Bang

Chapter 8

1 week later, Somewhere in Japan…

Jong hyun and a middle age man were hanging some fishes in the open air, making preserved fish.

“Jong hyun ah~ that person have been unconscious for a week. Do you think that person will wake up?” The middle age man said while he tied one of the fishes on to a hanging stand.

Jong hyun who was arranging the tied preserved fishes, paused for a moment.

“He will wake up. I don’t know why. I just believe that he will.” Jong Hyun spoke with confidence.

The middle age man let out a sigh before speaking.

“I wander whether that person is considered lucky to be found by us or not. After the recent natural disaster, this area has become a ghost town. The damage was so great that it have destroyed all land travelling accessibilities. Now, it takes 5 hours just to go to the nearest hospital in the next town. I don’t understand why the government just don’t want to do anything about this area.  It is so bad that all the young and able bodied have left this area.”

“Uncle, you are wrong. Look at me. I am young and able bodied. But, I am still here.” Jong hyun replied as he continued to arrange the tied preserved fishes.

The middle age man let out a sigh again before speaking.

“It will be great if your parents are still alive. If your parents are still alive, you won’t be stuck here with me. As for your sister, it’s a pity that she had committed suicide …”

“Uncle, I’m going back to our house to see whether that person have woken up or not.”

Jong hyun interrupted before leaving hurriedly.

The middle age man looked at the direction Jong hyun was leaving.

“Jong hyun ah~, I hope that you would do something that you truly love one day.”

***

Darkness. That is all Seungri could see. Seungri tried moving his hand but he realised that he can’t move at all. It felt as if something heavy had tied onto his body, preventing him from moving.

Seungri felt his heart beating frantically in his chest. Seungri is scared.

“Help.” Seungri managed to utter with all the energy he had.

It’s as if someone had heard him.

Seungri saw a light in front of him.

The light keeps getting brighter and brighter.

The light faded and Seungri found himself lying on a bed in an unknown room. He shot up on the bed to look at the surroundings. Seungri started to panic as his surroundings were unfamiliar to him.

Seungri felt his head hurt very badly and every bone in his body was on fire too.

Seungri turned his attention to the door when he heard the door opening.

“Thank goodness you are awake!” A guy around Seungri’s age approached him.

With a smile on that guy’s face, that guy raised his hand in front of him.

“My name is Jong hyun, Kim Jong hyun. What’s yours?”

Seungri stared at Jong hyun’s hand.

Seungri can’t remember how he ended up here. He can’t even remember his own name. 

Seungri started to panic. Why can’t he remember his own name?

Seungri tried to think but no matter how hard he tried to think, his headache keeps hurting tremendously. Seungri placed his hands onto his head, not giving in to the increasing headache as he tried to remember.

Jong hyun lowered his hand and looked at Seungri worriedly.

“Are you alright?” Jong hyun asked worriedly.

“Go! Go away!” Seungri managed to speak, his voice guttural with pain.

“But, you just woke up after being unconscious for a week!  Are you really alright?” Jong hyun asked again.

“Go away!” Seungri hissed and threw a pillow across the room.

“Okay, I’ll go. I’ll go away.”

Jong hyun spoke slowly as he inched his way out of the room backwards, not wanting to create any chaos.

After Jong hyun left the room, Seungri noticed a full length mirror in front of the bed.

Using all the strength he had, Seungri walked towards the mirror.

Looking at his reflection in the mirror, one of his hands lifted up to touch the mirror.

Is that person really him? However, the person in the mirror seems like a stranger to him.

Who is he? What is his name? Why can’t he remember his own name? Why?

Feeling both frustrated and scared, Seungri clenched his hand into a fist and smashed into the mirror, seeing the glass broke into pieces.

***

After leaving the room, Jong hyun leaned on the wall behind him.

Why is that person acting this way? Is that person alright?

Shaking the thoughts away from his head, Jong hyun headed to the kitchen to get some food and water for Seungri.

Suddenly, the sound of glass breaking made Jong hyun dashed back into the room once more.

Are you okay?" Jong hyun asked. "I heard a crash and I…” Jong hyun trailed off as he saw blood and glass shreds on the floor.

“Oh my god!” Jong hyun exclaimed, his stomach twisting as he noticed blood flowing out of Seungri’s hands.

Jong hyun hurriedly took the first aid kit on the table and pulled Seungri onto the bed.

“You better listen carefully. It takes at least 5 hours just to get you to the hospital. You better not harm yourself anymore.” Jong hyun spoke firmly while he tried to find the necessary items to bandage Seungri’s hand.

“I…I can’t remember “Seungri whispered.

“Sorry, I can’t hear you. What did you just say? “Jong hyun replied,unable to hear what Seungri said.

Seungri suddenly grabbed Jong hyun shirt, pulling Jong hyun towards him.

“I can’t remember who I am! Tell me! Who am I! Please!” Seungri said in a trembled voice. Tears started to well up his eyes.

Shocked by what Seungri said, the bandage that Jong hyun held in his hand fell onto the floor.