Chapter 67

Big Bang

Chapter 67

 

1 month later…

 

Hurrying down the dark passageways, Dae Sung walked into one of the interrogation rooms where he would be meeting Tae Yang. Dae Sung was told he had only ten minutes, which was all he was authorised for and he decided to go in alone, leaving TOP waiting for him outside the prison.

Ever since Dae Sung and TOP revealed the truth of what was going on among Big Bang, Tae Yang had been sentenced to 5 years in jail for assaulting Dae Sung and CUBE Entertainment managed to salvage the remaining reputation Hyun Seng had by announcing to the media that he died due to suicide, totally hiding the fact that he stole a gun from the filming site.

After Hyun Seng was sent to the hospital, the doctors stated that he was in a stable condition. But something went wrong after that. The doctors had no answer as to why he died and they concluded it was as if Hyun Seng just decided to stop living.

“10 minutes.” The prison warden reminded Dae Sung once more before the prison warden opened the door.

The moment the prison warden opened and swung the door inwards, Dae Sung paused at the threshold when he saw Tae Yang sitting in the chair. Dae Sung felt his breath hitch in his chest when he took in the heavy looking shackles on Tae Yang's wrists, connected to a long thick chain that led to his feet where his ankles were cuffed as well.

Realising he had been just standing there in the doorway, gawking at Tae Yang, Dae Sung quickly shook himself out of his stupor before he took a step forward, coming into the room.

Dae Sung walked over to the only other chair, directly opposite Tae Yang and sat down. The table between them seemed too big, in Dae Sung’s opinion. He was only a few steps away from his bandmate but even that distance was hard to cope with.

Dae Sung stared at Tae Yang, taking in every detail he could. He felt like an invisible hand had reached into his chest and was squeezing his heart. The person before him had lost so much weight in just a month and his eyes were haunted beyond anything Dae Sung had seen. They held such pain that it hurt to just look at them.

Dae Sung pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind. He had to talk to Tae Yang, before his meagre ten minutes were up.

Before Dae Sung could speak, he heard Tae Yang spoke.

"Are G Dragon and President YG alright?” Tae Yang said the words so quietly it could have been a whisper.

Dae Sung hesitated floundering for the words, "Yeah…they are alright," he looked to where Tae Yang's forlorn form sat with his back hunched forward and head leaning over his folded hands, "they…they just need more time to come to terms with the current situation…”

Tae Yang nodded in response and they continued to sit in silence, only broken moments later by Tae Yang's raspy whisper, "Dae Sung, would you forgive me?"

Dae Sung reached out and held on to Tae Yang’s hand firmly.

"Tae Yang Hyung…" Dae Sung said quietly. His throat was tight with emotion. He wanted to say so many things to him, but he knew he had very little time.

“Regardless of what happened, I will always forgive you .After all, we are Big Bang aren’t we?” Dae Sung replied softly, urging his voice to stay strong.

Tae Yang meet Dae Sung's eyes, and for a few minutes he did not move, he was searching, Dae Sung's face and his own mind, trying to find something, a shred of enlightenment on whether he should believe every single word that Dae Sung had said.

"How’s Seungri?" Tae Yang asked, tears had started to well in his eyes. “Is he willing to forgive me as well?”

Dae Sung was silent. He was not prepared for such questions.

Dae Sung didn't know what to say, his voice unable to get past his aching chest and the lump at the back of his throat until a noise distracted their conversation.

"Your ten minutes are up." The prison warden said, walking over to Dae Sung.

 "I just need one more minute, please," Dae Sung said, turning to face the prison warden. "I was in the middle of..."

"Sorry," the prison warden interrupted. "There's nothing more we can do."

The prison warden took a hold of Dae Sung's arm and began leading him out. Losing the chance to speak with Tae Yang, Dae Sung turned his head a fraction to look at Tae Yang before he left the room while Tae Yang watched Dae Sung leave as though he was watching himself from a distance, his happier, more naive self going towards life and freedom with Dae Sung and the rest of the big bang members.

"If you see Seungri," Tae Yang said to the dark walls in a colourless voice, "tell him that I’m sorry."

Once the door was closed, Tae Yang cradled his head, eyes closed, jaw clenched as a few drops of tears fell upon and rolled down Tae Yang's folded hands, leaving glossy trails in their wake.

The truth was downing on him, merciless and cruel. It was his fault because Big Bang had ended up this way. But Tae Yang would soon pay for everything. He would have to bear what lies ahead. Whatever punishment GOD would choose for him, it is nothing he did not deserve.

***

Seungri sat on the cold ground, his eyes fixed on the freshly dug grave before him, feeling the cool air whip at his face and hair as his thoughts were faraway, wondering whether Hyun Seng was alright at the other side of the world and whether he had finally sought inner peace with himself.

Seungri only came out of his thoughts when he felt someone sit down next to him on the cold ground.

"You didn't have to come, G Dragon Hyung," Seungri said calmly but Seungri was still facing the grave.

G Dragon ignored Seungri’s comment, sighing resignedly, and massaged his temple wearily, sorrow and fatigue lined his exquisite countenance.

"I wanted to see that you are alright." G Dragon replied quietly, returning his gaze towards the grave in front of him as well.

For a moment they sat in silence before Seungri stood up as if he had reached a final conclusion.

“G Dragon Hyung…” Seungri spoke in the tranquil silence while G Dragon raised his head to face Seungri.

“Three months is over…” Seungri parted his mouth, speaking slowly as if he were choosing his words very carefully, weighing every single letter. “I have been thinking a lot for the past month and…”

“Have you decided to leave Big Bang?” G Dragon interrupted calmly before he got up on his feet.

 Deep down, he did know, perhaps there was a ticking clock on Seungri’s decision to leave Big Bang. This was a thought that drifted across his mind ever since Seungri got back to his side but he always determinedly ignored it. They had been through too much together as a team, and Seungri had gone through a tumultous time in his life to fight his way back to Big Bang that G Dragon kept lying to himself that there’s no way that Seungri would leave one day.

However, the look on Seungri's face confirmed that he was right.

G Dragon gave a small, unintended laugh.

"Have you decided to go back to Café Latte?" G Dragon tried to converse to bring an easier atmosphere back, but realized his throat patched as sandpaper and only succeed on croaking a few selected notes.

Seungri automatically shook his head. "For now, I decided to go back to Japan to clear my mind before I start everything afresh.”

“How about Sandara noona?” G Dragon took a deep breath before meeting Seungri's eyes. “Do you intend to let her go just like that?”

Seungri looked at G Dragon, a sad smile on his face.

"Please take care of Sandara noona for me, G Dragon Hyung."

"If you hurt Sandara noona," Seungri took a deep breath, locking his serious gaze with G Dragon's disbelieving one.

"Even if it's you, I will not be able to forgive you."

 G Dragon only nodded. He could not think of anything eloquent to say to change Seungri’s determined decision.

"Do you intend to come back to YG Entertainment one day?" G Dragon asked suddenly, holding onto every single thread of hope that Big Bang would reunite one day.

Seungri fell silent, not knowing how to respond. A few moments of silence passed, Seungri nodded tightly.

“Maybe….” Seungri said after a few minutes of silence.

Looking at Seungri, G Dragon couldn't help but wonder if there was still hope for Big Bang after all. They couldn't possibly end. Perhaps they wouldn't be as close as they had always been, but that didn't mean they wouldn't be together. They were one of the best boy bands in the world and the entertainment industry would have been a twisted place if they were broken apart.

***

As time progresses, fans soon noticed the absence of Seungri. He didn’t show up for any YG family performances or entertainment related activities.

Questions soon came from the fans.

Have Seungri decided to go back to Gwangju for a peaceful life?

Was he injured once again?

Had Seungri left Big Bang without a goodbye?

After Tae Yang had completed his sentence in jail, it was as if Tae Yang had disappeared from the entertainment industry as well.

As years goes by, many fans gave up the hope of having Big Bang come back, while others kept faith that Big Bang will eventually come back one day….