Chapter 54

Big Bang

 

Chapter 54

 

In a darkened room, littered with various contracts and newspapers, Hyun Seng collapsed on the bed, raising an arm over his eyes, listening to the countless calls from various broadcasting companies, informing him to go on hiatus until further notice from the answrering machine.

It was obvious that it was Seungri who created this chaos when he found out that it was Café Latte that published the photos of that producing director in the café which created a stir in the entertainment industry.

"Smart move, Seungri," Hyun Seng muttered softly to himself as his fists instinctively clenched, clutching onto his silky bed sheet as the blood drained from his knuckles, making them ever paler.

Hearing footsteps coming behind him, Hyun Seng looked up abruptly, narrowing his eyes, and asked into the darkness unblinkingly."What is it, Tae Yang Hyung?"

Tae Yang strode over to the sofa and threw himself onto it, putting his feet up comfortably and started playing chess by himself on the chess set displayed in front of him.

"Ah, so you did notice me," Tae Yang replied casually with a cocky grin spread across his face.

"Of course I did," Hyun Seng answered with an easy tilt of the lips, but it was rather sardonic in nature than sincere. "You are not here just to play chess aren’t you?”

"Of course," Tae Yang answered curtly.

"I am here to make sure that my partner in crime is still alive and coping well,"Tae Yang spoke slowly and deliberately as if he wanted those words to be mulled over in Hyun Seng's mind, as if he wanted to hurt and humiliate Hyun Seng.

"Sorry to disappoint you, I am still breathing and alive," Hyun Seng replied coolly, reflecting the disgust with cold politeness.

Tae Yang’s lips turned upwards into a small half-smile as he leaned against the table and he spoke to the air in front of him, head tilted somewhat upward, voice reverberating throughout the room.

“I hope that you have something in mind to deal with Seungri.”  Tae Yang said in mock thoughtfulness.” I am quite curious on what kind of attack you will use on him."

"Well, curiosity kills the cat," Hyun Seng said casually, not flinching at the mocking tone, even though his cool black eyes remained fixed on Tae Yang, his gaze never losing its intensity."Well, is that your purpose for today? To listen to my ideas on how to deal with Seungri?"

Tae Yang ignored the statement and instead he stood up and walked towards the door. “Since that you are still breathing and alive, I will wait to see what kind of move you will do and I hope that I will not be disappointed."

Hyun Seng did not reply Tae Yang as his hand balled into a tight fist, and remained so until Tae Yang had left his room.

***

Once Tae Yang left his room, something inside him snapped. Anger had flooded over.

Hyun Seng lunged for the nearby chair in the corner and hurled it against the wall as forcefully as he could, a snarl escaping his lips. With a loud cracking noise, it broke in half, clattering to the floor in splintered pieces. Breathing heavily, Hyun Seng stood back, eyeing the fresh indent in the graying wall with satisfaction. It was a scar, bold and permanent.

Hyun Seng’s satisfaction was brief. He had lost control. He was no better than Tae Yang.

Hyun Seng sat down on the bed, his breaths gradually slowing as the chess set in front of him caught his attention. Right now, the white king was protected on every angle by different white pawns.

Feeling his handphone vibrating in his pocket, Hyun Seng fished his phone out of his pocket and raised his phone to hold it to his ear.

“Hyun Seng, after hearing the news, I would like to inform you that your interview with Seungri will not be published in the magazine. I hope that….”

“No!” Hyun Seng's voice cut in as the grip on his hand phone tightened.

“Reporter Hyung, I am confident that this interview will create a stir once it was published. All you had to do is to change the title.”

“What title should I change it to?” The reporter asked curiously. “How about the contents?”

Hyun Seng looked at the chess set once more as he thought of a suitable title. Soon, everything will change. In the next move, someone would replace all the white pawns protecting the king, with black pawns and that would leave the king completely defenseless.

Hyun Seng smiled. The smile was calm, but cruel and mocking. His next move would be impossible, if he played by the rules.

“Change the title to, Big Bang’s darkest secret.” Hyun Seng replied as his eyes flickered briefly to a magazine on the floor with a picture of big bang as a cover page. “As for the contents, just twist some of what Seungri said during the interview and I would love to meet up with you to input some interesting information.”

After the call ended, Hyun Seng smiled, amusement entering his dark eyes.

"Let’s see who would be the first one to get eliminated from the entertainment industry, Seungri."