Chapter 37

Big Bang

Chapter 37

 

Dae Sung sat in silence, just staring at the walls in his room as he recalled the conversation he had with Seungri the previous day. Remembering the sad and scared expression on Seungri's face, Dae Sung decided to check up on Seungri, hoping that he is alright.

 Dae Sung knocked once on Seungri's door. When there was no answer, Dae Sung cautiously turned the handle in his hand and opened the door. After opening the door, Dae Sung stood in the doorway, just watching Seungri, lying on the bed in complete silence, staring at the white ceiling.

As quietly as he could, Dae Sung walked over to Seungri and sat down on the bed next to him. Seungri picked up on Dae Sung’s arrival but didn't say anything to him for the first few moments.

"I needed some time to calm down and act as if I know nothing in order to stay low." Seungri offered as an explanation after a few minutes.

Dae Sung smiled sadly at Seungri’s explanation. After all, Dae Sung wanted Seungri to stay low for his own safety.

"G Dragon hyung is waiting for you in the recording studio." Dae Sung said offhandedly.

Seungri didn't look at Dae Sung but a small smile graced his face.

"I'll just let G Dragon hyung wait for a little longer." Seungri said.

Dae Sung chuckled at Seungri’s reply, making Seungri laugh as well.

After a moment of awkward silence, Seungri sat up on the bed and faced the wall in front of him instead of looking at Dae Sung.

“I have finished listening to the songs big bang makes. It seems that some of the songs that were written by G Dragon hyung were inspired by Sandara noona…” Seungri commented as he tried to lessen the awkward atmosphere in the room.

Dae Sung gave a small shrug of his shoulders in response.

“Writing songs have always been G Dragon hyung’s ways of expressing his feelings. Especially to the people he loves.”

 “So….what kind of relationship does G Dragon hyung and Sandara noona has?” Seungri asked curiously, forcing his voice to sound casual while he regretted on the topic he had started.

“Well, I guess that they are dating. It seems that both of them are really close recently.” Dae Sung replied as he stood up from the bed.

Seungri sat in silence, feeling his heart sunk at the information and silently agreeing to what Dae Sung said.If both of them are not close, he won’t see Sandara in the café when G Dragon asked him to go back to YG Entertainment.

Seungri was so absorbed in his own thoughts about G Dragon and Sandara until he felt Dae Sung ruffled his hair.

Seungri snapped his head up and looked at Dae Sung. Noticing that Seungri is looking at him, Dae Sung put both hands on Seungri's shoulders, smiling at him.

“Seungri, all you had to do is to concentrate of being part of big bang. Don’t think about Tae Yang hyung and the incident that happened in Japan. Just remember what I had told you. Just stay as low as possible.”

Seungri looked at Dae Sung in silence for a minute before he nodded, not knowing what to reply.

"See you later, Seungri. Don’t let G Dragon hyung wait for you too long in the recording studio." Dae Sung said, as cheerful as ever as he walked towards the door. "Remember,just stay as low as possible."

As Seungri watched Dae Sung leave his room, he felt as if this is the last conversation he will have with Dae Sung. But he had no idea why.

***

As soon as Dae Sung left the dormitory, he headed to YG Entertainment, knowing that TOP is currently having fitness training with Hwangssabu.

While Dae Sung waited for TOP to end his fitness training, he stood at the pathway on the 3rd floor, looking at the cute big bang figures and the matrix style interior. Dae Sung's eyes wandered over words on the matrix style interior, realising that big bang have created quite a number of songs in just a few years.

Realising that big bang had grown so much over the years, Dae Sung then turned his head and looked at the big bang figures. When Dae Sung stood in front of his own figure, he squatted in front of it and absent mindedly patted the figure’s head. It felt as if it is still a dream that Dae Sung is finally a singer as he started to recall about his past.

Dae Sung still remembered vividly how much he fought with his dad of him becoming a singer. A half-smile appeared on his face as he recalled his dad telling him to pack and leave the house if he wanted to be a singer. As times passes, Dae Sung almost forgot how much big bang meant to him. Partially, it was them that made him endure the tough training in YG and being obedient to his parents by fulfiling a student’s responsibility. Without them, Dae Sung would not become a singer successfully.

Just then, the sounds of footsteps walking towards him interrupted Dae Sung’s thoughts. Knowing that it was TOP walking towards him, Dae Sung lifted up his head and smiled before he turned his attention back to the big bang figures.

“A penny of your thoughts?” TOP asked as he stood beside Dae Sung.

“TOP hyung, did you remember what you said to me when you saw me in YG?” Dae Sung asked not tearing his eyes away from the big bang fugure in front of him.

TOP stared blankly ahead with a frown, deeply in thought. “What did I say?”

"Do you really not remember what you said?" Dae Sung replied, disappointed that TOP did not remember what he told him when he saw him in YG.  

"How could I remember?" TOP said. "It was such a long time ago incident."

Dae Sung made a disparaging noise as he stood up.

"TOP hyung, you are such a good hyung." Dae Sung said sarcastically, blaming TOP for ruining the reminiscing atmosphere that he just created.

 TOP raised an eyebrow as amusement washed over his features.

“Dae Sung, you asked me to look for you just to look at the big bang figures?”

Dae Sung spun around and swallowed back his disappointment.

“TOP hyung, after you are done with your FUBU photoshoot, wait for me at Gwanghwamun Square. Let’s go to Seungri’s surprise welcome party together.” Dae Sung instructed.

TOP gave Dae Sung a questioning look. The venue for the surprise party is in YG Entertainment and he knew that Dae Sung is currently busy in recording his upcoming solo album. Why would Dae Sung want to meet him at Gwanghwamun Square?

“I have something to tell you.” Dae Sung said seriously. “Make sure that you are at Gwanghwamun Square after your photoshoot.”

TOP stared at Dae Sung, trying to figure out why Dae Sung would want to meet him at Gwanghwamun Square just to tell him something.

“Why don’t you tell me now?” TOP prodded gently.

Dae Sung shook his head.

“There are always ears on the other side of the wall.” Dae Sung replied seriously.

After Dae Sung said good bye to TOP and walked towards the recording studio, he decided to tell TOP about Tae Yang once more. If TOP still does not listen to him, he will handle this matter himself because he cherishes every single big bang member. To him, big bang is a group of five guys who truly enjoys doing music and share one single goal over the years and he does not wish to see big bang fall apart.

***

When TOP walked towards the elevator, he noticed Tae Yang standing in front of the elevator.

Tae Yang smiled at TOP as he slung an arm around TOP's shoulder.

“TOP hyung, what did Dae Sung said to you, he looked so serious just now.”

TOP shrugged his shoulders in response.

“He just said that he wanted to meet me at Gwanghwamun Square. I wandered what he wanted to tell me though…” TOP trailed off, deep in thought on what Dae Sung wanted to tell him.

Tae Yang’s lips twisted in a small smile as he heard TOP’s reply.

“Yup, I wandered what Dae Sung wants to tell TOP hyung….”