Chapter 9

Big Bang

Chapter 9

“I…I can’t remember “Seungri whispered.

“Sorry, I can’t hear you. What did you just say? “Jong hyun replied,unable to hear what Seungri said.

Seungri suddenly grabbed Jong hyun shirt, pulling Jong hyun towards him.

“I can’t remember who I am! Tell me! Who am I! Please!” Seungri said in a trembled voice. Tears started to well up his eyes.

Shocked by what Seungri said the bandage that Jong hyun held in his hand fell onto the floor.

***

“Good evening. How can I help you?” A nurse spoke with a smile when Seungri and Jong hyun stood in front of the reception desk in the hospital.

“We are here to see a doctor.” Jong hyun replied.

The nurse smiled once more.

“Can I have your identity card?”

Jong hyun looked at Seungri.

“Eh…Do you have a wallet with you?” Jong hyun asked, feeling stupid for asking Seungri an obvious question.

Seungri shook his head. Jong hyun awkwardly cleared his throat and faced the nurse.

“Sorry, I don’t have it with me.”

The nurse tried to smile professionally once more and handed Jong hyun a paper.

“Kindly fill in the particulars.”

Jong hyun took the paper, looked at it for a moment and faced Seungri awkwardly.

Feeling frustrated, Seungri grabbed the paper from Jong hyun, slammed the paper on the reception desk and dragged Jong hyun out of the hospital.

“Looks like we shouldn’t have come to the hospital” Jong hyun said, trying to lift up the gloomy mood.

However, Seungri ignored him and walked down the stairs in front of the hospital. Hoping that Seungri would cheer up, Jong hyun ran towards Seungri and placed his arm around Seungri’s shoulder.

“I suddenly thought of a place that could help you get back home without using your identity card.”

“Where?” Seungri asked curiously.

“The police station!” Jong hyun replied confidently.

***

A policeman should be alert at all times regardless of where they are, even in the police station. At least that’s what everyone’s impression. But the one in front of Seungri and Jong hyun is reading a newspaper with legs on top of the table.

Unable to believe such behaviour would happen in the police station, Seungri and Jong hyun stared at the policeman in disbelieve.

“Kindly state your purpose in coming to the police station.” The police spoke, the newspaper still in front of him.

Seungri and Jong hyun gave a little jump in their seat, surprised when the policeman spoke.

Seungri cleared his throat nervously.

“I’m lost. I don’t know my way back home.”

After hearing what Seungri said, the policeman placed the newspaper on the table.

“You are lost? At this age? Are you kidding me?” The policeman sniggered.

Feeling pissed, Seungri lunged forward to grab the policeman by the neck. Instantly Jong hyun grabbed onto Seungri and pulled him back into his seat.

“Please restrain yourself. We are in the police station.” Jong hyun said to Seungri in a stern voice, putting a strong emphasis on the word police station.

Seungri sat back and gave the policeman a death glare.

The policeman narrowed his eyes at Seungri.

“Look here kid, stop this rebelling act and go back to where you are from. I don’t have time to entertain kids like you.” The policeman spoke.

Seungri looked at the policeman, judging the policeman silently. Doubting that the policeman would help him, Seungri stood up and walked out of the police station, Jong hyun following behind him.

 “Troublesome immature youngsters…”  The policeman shook his head and muttered under his breath before grabbing the newspaper to read again.

Suddenly, another policeman appeared and placed a paper on the table.

“We just got news from the headquarters. Some celebrity has gone missing. I doubt that missing celebrity would appear in a remote place like this area, but do take a look.” The policeman said before leaving the other policeman some peace to read his newspaper.

The police man, who was reading his newspaper, took a glance at the picture of the missing celebrity.

“It must be a coincidence that the insolent kid just now looks like that missing celebrity.” The policeman muttered.

Putting the picture of Seungri aside, the policeman picked up the newspaper to read again. 

***

Jong hyun had no idea how long he had been walking behind Seungri. Judging by how hungry he is and seeing that the sun is going to set soon, Jong hyun knew that he had been walking behind Seungri for a very long time.

“For someone who had been unconscious for a week, he does have lots of energy.” Jong hyun whispered to himself.

Jong hyun wanted to go home but looking at today events, Jong hyun decided to give Seungri some space to get used to the current situation.

As Jong hyun walked pass the bakery store, the wonderful smell of freshly baked bread made Jong hyun quickly brought some bread before following behind Seungri once more.

It is finally night when Seungri decided to stop walking aimlessly and sat on a bench under the sky full of stars.

Suddenly, Seungri felt someone sitting next to him. Seungri turned his head a little to see who was sitting next to him.

“Want some bread?” Jong hyun placed the bread in front of Seungri and asked with bread in his mouth.

Feeling his stomach growling with hunger, Seungri took the bread from Jong hyun and ate in silence.

“We found you in the middle of the sea.” Jong hyun said.

Seungri stopped eating his bread. Seeing that Seungri isn’t replying either, Jong Hyun continued.

“The fact that we found you in the middle of the sea makes me deduce 2 situations. Either you committed suicide or someone intend to murder you. Looking at these 2 situations, it is a good thing that you have lost your memories.”

"What are you talking about?" Seungri asked a hint of annoyance in his tone.

“Well, what I am trying to say is that everyone only gets to live once. There must be a reason why God gave you another chance to live once more. Instead of finding your old memories, why don’t you create new ones? If you are meant to go back to where you are, you will one day.”

Seungri stared at the bread he was holding.

“Looks like I have no choice but to do that.” Seungri answered sadly.

Trying to cheer Seungri up,Jong hyun got up from the bench.

“Let’s get you a name for a start.” Jong hyun said cheerfully.

When Jong hyun faced Seungri, a shiny reflection from Seungri’s hand due to the moonlight caught Jong hyun’s attention.

Jong hyun looked at Seungri’s bracelet carefully and noticed some engravings on the underside of the bracelet.

Taking a closer look, Jong hyun saw “V.I” engraved on the underside of the bracelet.

“V.I” Jong hyun keep muttering repeatedly.

A smile appeared on Jong hyun’s face.

“Your name from now on will be V.I! It means victory!”

Seungri looked up to meet Jong hyun’seyes.

“V.I, Victory.” Seungri said.

Looking at how excited Jong hyun is, Seungri smiled.

“I loved it. My name from now on will be V.I.”

With a smile on that Jong hyun’s face, Jong hyun raised his hand in front of Seungri.

“My name is Jong hyun, Kim Jong hyun. What’s yours?”

Seungri smiled and held onto Jong hyun’s hand.

“My name is V.I, Victory.”

 


 

I am praying very hard that big bang would have their world tour in Singapore.