Chapter 2

Big Bang

Chapter 2

 

20 years ago, somewhere in japan….

Hyun Seng ah, duing the time you have trained at YG until now, your biggest problem wasn’t your dancing nor you singing. It was that your expressions weren’t natural enough for the song or dance. After I saw your performance, I thought really hard for two days. But what I think is that Hyun Seng, you are dropped.  

You are dropped.

You are dropped

You are dropped

Hyun Seng scrambled up in bed, breathing heavily. He was covered in sweat, his breathing is harsh and uneven. This is the dream that hyun seng had ever since he got rejected by YG during the audition round to form the group, Big bang. Even though he managed to debut under the group Beast, this dream still haunts him. Hyun Seng dropped his head into both hands.

After calming down from the nightmare he had, Hyun Seng got up from his bed and switched on the TV with the TV remote controller to clear his mind.

However, the programme the TV showed wasn’t something he likes to see.

It is an interview programme with big bang as the guest of the show. The grip on the TV remote controller Hyun Seng had in his hand became tighter when he observed how fluent Seungri spoke in Japanese and how much Seungri have changed over the years.

Long minutes ticked by and eventually Hyun Seng lost his cool and threw the TV remote controller. The TV remote controller smashed into the stack of papers, causing the papers to fly around the room.

A piece of paper landed on Hyun Seng’s foot caught his attention.

It is an article about Big Bang once again.

Landing on to his knees, Hyun Seng picked up the piece of paper. Hatred filled his eyes and tears started to fall as he crushed the piece of paper.

“Seungri, I could have been the 5th member of big bang if it wasn’t for you.” Hyun Seng kept mumbling this sentence as he recalled what happened few days ago.

xxx

Few days ago, somewhere in japan….

Hyun Seng feels that something is amiss when he was asked to show up in front of a hotel room of a producing director as late as 2am.

He kept telling himself that it might be because the Japanese have different working culture as Koreans as he recalled what his boss told him.

“Hyun Seng, the response Beast had in Japan is not as positive as the company thought it could have. However, a famous producing director in japan seems to have a liking towards you. He also asked to meet you. Go and meet him. Beast is counting on you and I hope to hear good news from you.”

Taking in a deep breath to calm himself, Hyun Seng knocked onto the door and the producing director opened the door to let him enter the hotel room.

Hyun Seng felt very uncomfortable in the current environment he is in. The producing director is dressed in a bathing robe smoking and staring at him intently. The table is filled with a bottle of opened alcoholic beverage and a cup half filled with that opened alcoholic beverage.

“Strip.” The producing director said in between puffs of his cigarette.

Shocked by hearing what the producing director said, Hyun Seng stood up from the chair he was sitting.

“I’m sorry if you have mistaken me for something else. My company asked me to meet you because I was given the information that you wanted to meet me. Have a good rest and I hope to hear good news from you if there are any programmes for beast to appear.” With a polite bow, Hyun Seng turned and walked towards the door.

“This is not a mistake. Your company knew about it. Actually, to survive in this entertainment industry, you need to be very talented. If you don’t have the talent, there’s another route for you to survive in this industry. This route is what I am asking you to do now.” Hyun Seng turned around abruptly after hearing what the producing director said.

“From what I have known, you were rejected by YG during the audition for big bang. What’s the reason for being rejected? Ah~~ your expressions weren’t natural enough for the song or dance. It indirectly means that you are not talented enough actually. It doesn’t matter if you rejected an offer like this. I have a queue of people willing to do this to appear on my programmes. I’m currently thinking of Seungri to appear in one of my programmes. Not only is he quite fluent in Japanese, he is also well liked in japan recently.  The producing director continued with a smirk on his face as Hyun Seng tried to absorb what the producing director said.

Hyun Seng felt his knees become weaker when he tried to absorb what the producing director said. He could not believe that the company would ask him to do such things. Negative thoughts about him not being talented enough keep entering his mind.

“With the current popularity Big Bang had, it will be impossible for Beast to be as popular as Big Bang. I will give you another chance Hyun Seng. Strip.” The producing director said once more.

Tears started to fall continuously as Hyun Seng removed the buttons on his shirt one by one with only one sentence running in his mind.

I’ll try my best along my own road and I want to meet them, big bang, at the top one day.”