Chapter 53

Big Bang

Chapter 53

 

It was a memory when Seungri was younger. Before he was officially accepted as the fifth member of big bang. Before he started his intense training to debut as one of the most successful boy band in the world, but more importantly it was before his playful and wonderful friend, Hyun Seng, began to eye him with glint of hatred and treat him as an enemy and not as a friend.

It was before the beginning of the end and the end of everything.

It was their first fight because Seungri had unknowingly insulted Hyun Seng that because he can’t cook meat well that’s why Hyun Seng should do the cooking instead, and the next morning, Seungri was still miserable.

Even when he awoke, he was unable to muster his usual enthusiasm when it came to checking off the paper calendar he had made to count the days off to his birthday. The bright, crayoned numbers stared back at him sadly. With a sigh, Seungri left his room and walked into the dinning room to join the rest of the members for breakfast at the table. But he stood in awkward silence when he saw Hyun Seng stood just a distance away from him.

Seungri stood awkwardly near the door and both boys looked awkwardly at each other. Their argument and fight came rushing back to both of them and it made the situation all that more awkward.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Hyun Seng pushed his hands into his pockets as he walked towards Seungri, his dark hair falling into his eyes. Neither of them seemed brave enough to meet the other's eyes.

Once Hyun Seng neared Seungri, Seungri finally faced him. Seungri could see that dark circles lined Hyun Seng’s eyes as if he had not been able to sleep either. Suddenly, Seungri felt extremely nervous.

"Hyun Seng Hyung, I'm-"

"Seungri, I'm-"

They had spoken simultaneously. As they took in each other's misery, they immediately broke out into laughter.

"Friends again?" Seungri said hopefully once they had recollected themselves.

"Always," Hyun Seng nodded solemnly, but his dark eyes were sparkling.

After apologizing towards each other, both boys stood facing each other, grinning like mad but not saying anything.

***

Seungri awoke to the housekeeper's voice, telling him that he would have to hurry or he would miss breakfast.

Seungri stirred wearily between hard, unfamiliar sheets under a large soft bed, gazing up at the white ceiling above, still drifting in mid-dream, and the housekeeper’s voice outside his room jolted his mind violently, plucked him from some foreign fantasy back to the hot, harsh atmosphere.

Getting out of his bed, Seungri staggered across the cool, marble floor and walked towards the door.

Seungri didn't know why he dreamt about the past when Hyun Seng and he were still trainees in YG Entertainment. Maybe the conversation he had before he left Hyun Seng had affected him more than he would like to admit.

Seungri gave a small sigh and decided to place the matter in the back of his mind.

Seungri unfastened the door and made his way towards the dining table.

"Morning." The house keeper said cheerfully as Seungri came over and sat at the table.

"Morning" Seungri replied as he sat down.

It wasn't long before a very sleepy and disgruntled G Dragon walked towards the dining table. G Dragon sat down beside Seungri and yawned widely before propping himself up on his elbows.

"Morning, G Dragon." The house keeper said as she placed a bowl of rice in front of G Dragon.

"Morning, where’s TOP Hyung and Tae Yang?" G Dragon asked sleepily while yawning.

“TOP is still busy filiming his movie while Tae Yang went to visit Hyun Seng after I showed him an article in the newspaper.” The house keeper replied as she placed another bowl of rice in front of Seungri.

"What's going on?" G Dragon found himself asking without even meaning to.

In response, the housekeeper walked into the living room before walking over to G Dragon, a newspaper clutched in her hand and handed over the copy of the newspaper. G Dragon took the newspaper, read the headline and felt his heart give an unpleasant leap in his chest. Written in big bold letters across the front page of the news paper were the words, “Japan’s famous producing director and several managers from CUBE Entertainment under investigation.”

Japan’s famous producing director and several managers from CUBE Entertainment, with celebrities such as Beasts’s Hyun Seng and several idol groups under their umbrellas, has been arrested and is currently under going investigation for ual assault charges.”

Unable to have the will to read the entire article, G Dragon pushed the newspaper away from himself and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Why are there so many unhappy incidents happening recently?” G Dragon said with a sigh.

Seungri didn't have to look at the paper to know what had happened. He didn't even have to register what G Dragon was saying to him.Seungri closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath, his heart racing.

He had done it.

He had finally taken the first step to destroy Hyun Seng.

***

Several minutes later, Seungri stood up from his seat, never letting his emotionless mask slip and walked directly into his own room. Once inside, Seungri closed the door and made his way to the bathroom. He locked the door behind him and let his shields come down.

The dream he had before appeared in his mind and the image of Hyun Seng looking at him flashed before his eyes. Seungri looked at Hyun Seng’s eyes and saw the sparkling eyes slowly turned into a look of pain in them.

Quickly Seungri stepped into the shower, turning on the water. It ran down his body and he closed his eyes again. Sickening images raced through his mind of Hyun Seng’s painful facial expression and Seungri tore his eyes open, willing it to finally sink in. He sighed and for a moment he believed that it was too much for him already.

Seungri sank to his knees, sitting down in the shower, the water raining down onto his head. Lifting up his hands in front of his face, Seungri watched the water ran over his hands which, he only noticed now, were trembling. He took a very deep breath, trying to calm down.  Seungri should have felt happy about his little success, and it was there, but only a flicker of it. Irritated with himself, Seungri shrugged away the complex emotion he had. He should concentrate on the next step of his revenge. He had done nothing wrong. Hyun Seng deserved every single bit of it.