Chapter 27

Big Bang

Chapter 27

 

Dae Sung sat on his bed reading a book about singing techniques. However, Dae Sung had been on the same page all the while. Dae Sung looked at Tae Yang who is currently admiring his hat collections. Dae Sung looked away and concentrated on his book, wondering for the tenth time on how he could strike a conversation with Tae Yang about his sudden change of behaviour.

 Even though Dae Sung and Tae Yang shared the same bedroom, Dae Sung finds it difficult to find out Tae Yang’s secret because Tae Yang had been very secretive recently. Due to Tae Yang’s sudden secretive behaviour, Dae Sung could confirm that there is something that Tae Yang is hiding. But the question is, what is it that Tae Yang is hiding?

"What is it that you want to ask?" Tae Yang pulled Dae Sung out of his thoughts.

Dae Sung looked up at Tae Yang, his eyes round and saucer-like.

"What?" he asked.

“I can feel your stares over here. What is it that you want to ask?" Tae Yang said.

"It's that obvious?" Dae Sung asked.

"Yup." Tae Yang replied, using his index finger to twirl one of his hats.

“Is there anything that had been bothering you? I realised that you have been visiting the church quite frequently.” Dae Sung asked.

Tae Yang turned his head to look at Dae Sung, his scrutinizing eyes never straying from him, he had a feeling that Dae Sung knows something.

Tae Yang didn't answer until he had stopped twirling his hat.

“No, nothing is bothering me.” Tae Yang said tersely and looked at his hats before becoming silent once more.

Dae Sung studied Tae Yang’s expression, his gut feeling told him that Tae Yang is lying.

Before Dae Sung could probe further, TOP entered the room and dragged Dae Sung into his room to listen to his newly composed song.

“Looks like I have to be wary about Dae Sung.” Tae Yang thought to himself as he glanced over his shoulder, looking at Dae Sung exiting the room.

***

Dae Sung groaned inwardly as he listened to the same song for the 100th time. After the song ended, TOP paused the player and looked at Dae Sung excitedly.

“How is it? TOP asked as his face broke out into a grin.

“The song is…wow, I can't even think what to say. It's awesome." Dae Sung smiled as he said the words carefully, hoping that TOP could stop torturing him by asking him to listen to the same song again.

“Dae Sung, did you noticed that I added an extra beat into the song?” TOP asked

The smile slipped of Dae Sung's face and for a moment Dae Sung just stared at TOP in confusion.

“Never mind…” TOP said with a sigh and laid down on the bed, playing with his plushie.

A few minutes passed in silence. Dae Sung turned his head and looked at TOP, but TOP kept his sight fixed ahead, looking at his plushie.

“TOP hyung….” Dae Sung swallowed heavily, gathering all his strength to keep talking, knowing that TOP will not like what he is going to say next.

TOP turned his attention away from his plushie and eyed Dae Sung intently. "What?"

Dae Sung’s mouth suddenly felt very dry. Coughing once to clear his throat, Dae Sung replied, careful to keep his gaze steady and honest.

“We should pay more attention to Tae Yang hyung. I feel that something is wrong with him….”

“Dae Sung, how many times do I have to tell you that you should not talk behind someone else’s back?” TOP interrupted coldly.

“Hyung! Is it that difficult to listen to what I am going to say?” Dae Sung exclaimed as he stood up from his chair abruptly.

“That’s enough. Get out of this room and reflect on your behaviour.” TOP reprimanded.

Dae Sung opened his mouth to protest, but TOP cut him off.

“Get out of the room. I don’t wish to show you my nasty side.” TOP replied as he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to stay calm.

And with that, Dae Sung walked out of TOP’s room, fists clenched tight at his sides.

“TOP hyung, it doesn’t matter that you are not listening to me. This time, I am going to do things my way.” Dae Sung thought to himself.

***

Dae Sung paced around the living room, mind filled with techniques on how he could spy on Tae Yang.

“Sandara noona, don’t worry about me. I can handle this.”

Dae Sung spun around at the sound of G Dragon’s voice and saw G Dragon getting out of the dormitory hurriedly while talking to Sandara on the phone.

Dae Sung raised his eyebrows at the scene in front of him.

“Are G Dragon hyung and Sandara noona dating?”

***

G Dragon stood outside the coffee house. G Dragon felt his stomach twisting nervously as he looked at the door in front of him.

“Here comes the moment of truth.”  G Dragon thought to himself as he took in a deep breath and pushed the door to enter the coffee house.

When G Dragon entered the coffee house, the sight of Seungri on the floor, hugging himself made G Dragon felt his heart thumping painfully in his chest.

While G Dragon walked towards Seungri, G Dragon saw the familiar bracelet on Seungri’s hand. G Dragon stopped walking, his eyes fixed on the trembling boy before him.

G Dragon knew instantly that the person in front of him is indeed Seungri. No, actually, G Dragon knew it the moment he saw him the previous day. It just that G Dragon needed time to adjust to his emotions.

Slowly and as softly as he could, G Dragon inched nearer to Seungri, not wanting to startle him.

"Seungri?" he called out quietly.

Seungri must have heard him but he didn't move or say anything.

G Dragon came closer, his heart beating thunderously in his chest.

"Seungri?" he tried again.

Seungri looked around at him then, with tear soaked eyes that made G Dragon's heart break all at once. G Dragon knelt down beside him, his eyes never leaving him. Seungri was staring back, his mouth opened once to speak but his voice never left him. Seungri looked away and shook his head.

"Are you okay?" G Dragon found himself asking.

Suddenly Seungri was upon G Dragon, his collars in Seungri's hands and he shook G Dragon.

"Tell me it's not true!" Seungri cried. "Tell me! Top hyung was not a rebellious kid, Dae Sung hyung had not killed anyone in a car accident. G Dragon hyung had not been tested positive for smoking ." Seungri shook G Dragon with every question, demanding an answer.

G Dragon stilled, the words cutting into him like a knife.

“Why is Seungri asking these questions? What happened to him?” G Dragon thought to himself.

G Dragon didn't say anything but looked Seungri in the eyes, never allowing his gaze to break.

"Please, please tell me it's not true!" Seungri pleaded.

The pain in Seungri's voice brought tears to G Dragon’s eyes. He didn't fight them back. He continued to hold Seungri's gaze and somewhere in his eyes, Seungri found the answer.

"No," Seungri sagged, his grip loosened and fell away from G Dragon, "no."

At once, G Dragon moved, closing both arms around Seungri, not allowing the boy to move out from his embrace.

However, Seungri shoved G Dragon’s arms away from him and pulled himself to his feet, with difficulty.

Seungri’s actions made G Dragon felt that his heart had been pierced through by a knife as G Dragon climbed to his feet to look at Seungri.

“Why are you here?” Seungri asked icily while he looked at G Dragon with hatred.

“I’m here to bring you back to YG entertainment.” G Dragon answered, his eyes never left Seungri’s gaze.

"Oh, really?" Seungri asked, his tone mocking and condescending.

“I wandered why you ran away that day.” Seungri continued.

G Dragon paused.

 “I…I…I can explain…”

Why?" the question interrupted G Dragon, making him stop mid-sentence. "Why do you want to bring me back to YG entertainment?" Seungri asked.

"Because you're part of big bang." G Dragon said, honestly. "I lost you once, I'm not losing you again." G Dragon said emotionally.

Seungri's blazing eyes scanned G Dragon’s face.

"Really?" he asked. "You lost me? I don’t see you trying to find me when I was missing for 3 years!”

G Dragon shook his head, trying to make Seungri understand.

“I did, I mean…we did! We have been posting up notices, we even contacted the police in the world for assistance!”

Seungri kept his eyes fixed on G Dragon, his expression darkening.

“So, after 3 years of searching, you all decided to give up and announced that big bang is a four member group. What’s the point of bringing me back to YG entertainment? Are you kidding me?” Seungri spoke coldly.

G Dragon stilled, the words cutting into him like a knife.

“Seungri, come back with me to YG entertainment. We will sort this four member problem on the way.” G Dragon tried to speak calmly.

Seungri looked back at G Dragon, but this time there was an expressionless mask in place.

“I will never go back to YG entertainment. I am not going back to a place where there is a gangster, a murderer and a drug addict!”

In one swift move, G Dragon raised his hand and slapped Seungri hard across the face.

The slap made Seungri lost his balance and fell on to the ground, knocking against the chairs.

G Dragon froze on the spot when he saw Seungri fell due to the slap, his heart leaping with fear.

“Seungri!” G Dragon cried out as he saw blood flowing on the ground.

Seungri was holding his bleeding arm, his breathing strained and harsh.

"Seungri, oh my god. It was an accident. I swear, I’m so sorry" G Dragon moved towards Seungri, reaching out.

"Don't!" Seungri hissed at him, glaring hatefully. "Don't touch me!"

"Seungri, please, you're bleeding." G Dragon said, inching closer. "Please, just let me help you."

Seungri's pain filled eyes looked at G Dragon and G Dragon saw anger fill them again.

"I don't...need your...help!" Seungri hissed as he pulled himself to his feet, with difficulty.

"Seungri!" G Dragon moved again, his hand reaching out for him.

At that moment, Jong hyun who was walking down the stairs to find out what was happening down stairs, saw Seungri clenching his bleeding arm.

When Jong hyun saw G Dragon in front of Seungri, Jong hyun went to Seungri’s side instantly.

“V.I san! What happened?" Jong hyun asked, his stomach twisting as he noticed the blood staining Seungri’s hands.

“Seungri….” G Dragon tried to approach Seungri but Jong hyun placed his hand on G Dragon’s shoulder, preventing G Dragon from approaching Seungri.

“V.I san, go back to your room.” Jong hyun whispered to Seungri.

Seungri gave a slight nod as he walked back to his room.

“Seungri….” G Dragon called out weakly as he tried to follow Seungri, but Jong hyun’s hold on to G Dragon’s shoulder prevented him from doing so.

“I believe that you had some explanation to do.” Jong hyun spoke and looked at G Dragon murderously.

The door to the coffee house opened and Sandara walked in the coffee house. Noticing the tense atmosphere in the coffee house and a pool of blood on the floor, Sandara walked towards G Dragon.

“G Dragon, what is going on?” Sandara asked worriedly.

***

At the end of the coffee house, Hyun Seng who was recording the whole scene, smiled at how successful his plan worked.

"Home run!" Hyun Seng whispered under his breath, the corners of his lips curved up as he imagined how Tae yang would praise him.

 


 

Phew! This is the longest chapter I have ever written!