Shock

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Something was bothering Leeteuk and it was written all over his face. All his bandmates could see it. Everyone who he came across with could see it even he tried so hard to hide and keep his thoughts to himself. But no one could figure out what was wrong. Was he sick? Did he have family problems? Only he knew and it was only when he decided to talk that some light would be shed on the issue.

Leeteuk looked up from his laptop when he heard a soft knock on the door. “Come in.”

“Leeteuk?” The door opened slowly, revealing a slightly nervous looking Kyuhyun. “Can I talk to you?”

He smiled, setting his laptop aside. “Sure.”

The younger man came in the room and hesitantly sat on Donghae’s bed. “Teuk, are you mad at me?”

“What? No, of course not.” Leeteuk shook his head, sitting up straight and facing him; a look of confusion crossing his face. “Why would you say that I'm mad at you?”

“You barely said a word to me during practice yesterday.” Kyuhyun scratched the back of his neck. “I was wondering if I did something wrong for you to get mad at me… but I don’t think I did.”

Super Junior’s leader smiled apologetically. “Ah… it’s not that, Kyu. Ims sorry for making you worry. I’m not mad at you. I’m just a little out of it lately and I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was mad a t you…” A beat passed. “Though I have something to ask you and I’m hoping you have nothing to do about it.”

“About what?”

“Well, I think something’s wrong with the girls… SNSD.” Leeteuk frowned heavily, resting his elbows on his knees. “I don’t know if it’s just me but there’s really something not right. I barely spoke to them lately and they looked so out of it or something. You’re close to some of them, Kyu. Did you fight with any of the girls or something? Did they tell you anything?”

Kyuhyun was taken aback at the question; the maknae then understanding what the older man meant. “No, I haven’t spoken to them recently either.”

He let out a sigh of relief. “That’s good… I was worried that one of us pissed them off or something.”

“Have you tried talking to them, though?” Kyuhyun asked, wondering himself what was wrong with the nine girls. He also couldn’t help but wonder if it had anything to do with her.

“I tried but they won’t tell me anything.” Leeteuk ran a hand through his deep brown hair. “They usually would tell me so I'm really worried.”

“Just test the waters first before you make your move.” He stood up and patted the older man’s shoulder. “Maybe they’re just not ready to tell you yet.”

Leeteuk nodded. “I guess that’s it.”

He hoped that was it.

o-o-o-o-o

            Leeteuk found himself later in the day outside SNSD’s dorm with ten boxes of chocolates (since one of them could eat like she was two people instead of one tall, slim girl) in his paper bag, debating whether or not he should go and knock on the door. He was really concerned with what was happening with his dongsaengs and he knew that he needed to know what was wrong. But what if Kyuhyun was right? What if the girls just weren’t ready to tell him whatever their problem was? He took a deep breath before gently knocking on the door. He had to know.

Few seconds later, the door thankfully swung open. “Oh. Annyeong oppa.” Seohyun greeted him with a warm smile. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m just wanted to drop by... visit.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter