Freedom and Haters

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I really don’t know how the two of them manage to smile and be okay.” Tiffany frowned at the laptop on the coffee table, showing a website opened by Leeteuk and Sooyoung’s haters. “So many people don’t understand them. They don't know a damn thing.”

“There are times I don’t understand Teuk oppa either.” Jessica folded her arms over her chest. “I never knew I’d meet a selfless guy like oppa my entire life.”

The other seven girls all nodded in agreement. Until now, how Leeteuk could take the responsibility of being the father of someone else’s baby was still very hard to comprehend for them. “I really don’t understand those haters,” said Yoona. “Would they prefer that unnie had her baby aborted?”

“Honestly, I don’t even want to know. There are really people whose minds aren’t runnung as properly as we’d want them to be.” Sunny sighed softly, leaning against the couch. “Honestly, I really feel bad for Soo and Teuk oppa. They don’t deserve the bad treatment.”

“They deserve much better than that.” Seohyun ran a hand down her face.

Their conversation was cut short when they heard a knock from the front door. Yuri hurriedly turned off the laptop while Taeyeon went over to answer the door. “Hey, girls.” Leeteuk greeted everyone as he entered the dorm. “Is everyone ready?”

“Soo’s still changing, oppa.” Taeyeon replied, shutting the door close behind her. “Someone’s really early today.”

“Of course I have to be early.” He rolled his eyes good naturedly. “We’re finding out the of the baby today so I have to be here as soon as I can.”

“Did you borrow a car to go here again, oppa?” Hyoyeon asked.

Leeteuk shook his head. “Nah, I used my Audi. Everyone knows about it already so there’s no point in disguise anymore.”

The door of Sooyoung’s bedroom opened and the shikshin came out with a wide smiled on her face. Everyone else couldn’t help but smile as well, comforted by the fact that she didn't look as upset as she did the past days. “Someone looks very happy.” Yuri teased, happy to see her friend in a great mood. It’d been a long time since they last saw her at peace and happy.

“Of course I’m happy! I get to find out if I’m having a boy or a girl.” She said proudly. “Besides, I get to wear clothes that are right for pregnant women.”

“You’re in a maternity dress!” Leeteuk exclaimed, noticing her outfit for the first time.

Sooyoung made a face at him. “I think you need glasses, oppa.”

            Once everything was settled, all ten of them pilled out of the dorm so that they could head to Dr. Yang’s clinic. Since they were pretending to be dating, Sooyoung rode with Leeteuk while the other girls rode the SUV; Leeteuk soon leading the way to their intended destination

“Do you want a boy or a girl?” Leeteuk asked as he drove his white Audi as carefully as possible.

“It doesn’t really matter.” Her shoulders lifted in a shrug; her hands settling on her growing belly. “I just want him or her to be healthy.”

            Leeteuk merely nodded in reply, wondering about the baby’s father again. A part of him felt bad that he was taking the guy’s place. Ever since he took the responsibility of being the father of Sooyoung’s baby, he couldn’t stop thinking about how the real father would feel about not being there for the baby and even Sooyoung. The dark haired man knew there was a big chance that whoever the guy was already knew that Sooyoung was pregnant – everyone did already. But then again, Sooyoung said he wouldn’t care about her and he didn’t love her so Leeteuk decided to push the thoughts to the back of his head. It seemed like she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter