The Smile on Your Face

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Sooyoung usually wasn’t the hardest person to find considering her tall height and loud voice. But Kyuhyun knew that she knew that both SNSD and Super Junior were in the SM building that day, thus he was certain that she was trying to avoid him at all costs. Unfortunately for her and fortunately for him, it so happened that it was Kyuhyun’s lucky day as he managed to corner Sooyoung on her way to the bathroom.

“Oppa, what do you want?” An irritated look crossed her face as Kyuhyun blocked her way again for the fifth time.

“Just please stop trying to get away from me and listen for a while.” Kyuhyun looked at her intently, causing her to look at anything but him. “I just wanted to say sorry for what happened the other day.”

She attempted to get past him again but he was just much quicker. “Move.”

“Make me.” The maknae smirked. He wasn’t going anywhere until she forgave him.

“Oppa, I don’t have time for this. The girls are waiting for me.” Sooyoung ran a hand through her short, chocolate brown hair. “I need to get back before the girls even think of sending a search party for me.”

He shook his head. “We’re staying here until you forgive me.”

“I need to use the bathroom!”

“Just say you forgive me and you can use the bathroom.” Kyuhyun answered patiently.

Sooyoung frowned at him, putting her hands on her waist. “That’s really childish, oppa.”

“I’m Super Junior’s maknae. Did you expect anything else?” He rolled his eyes, leaning one part of his body against the wall. “Soo, please forgive me. I'm so sorry.”

“Fine, fine! You’re forgiven, oppa!” She finally gave him, knowing that she’d lose the argument anyway whether they were in a different scenario or not. Besides, she really needed to use the bathroom. “Just leave me alone!”

Kyuhyun smiled fully this time around. “Thank you. Uh… How’s…” He gulped. “How’s the little girl?”

She froze. “S-She’s doing well.”

“Teuk hyung’s really happy…” Even though it was hard for him to say it, he forced himself to. “Listen, Soo… About that night… We should keep it between the two of us... like what I said back then.”

“I agree.” Sooyoung nodded a little too enthusiastically, not noticing the look of hurt that crossed his face.

He managed to compose himself before he reached his hand out. “Friends?”

The brunette looked at his hand, then at his face. She debated with herself for a while before she finally reached her hand out and shook his hand. “Friends.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter