His Place

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Fishy, can you help me with my tie?” Eunhyuk’s voice was distinctly heard amidst the chaos that is the last minute preparations for thh event.

“YAH! You’re choking me!” Hankyung made a face.

Kibum smiled apologetically. “Sorry, hyung.”

“Where’s Leeteuk hyung?” Heechul’s voice pierced through all the noise.

“If you were listening to me earlier, you wouldn’t have to ask.” Super Junior’s manager made a face at him. “Leeteuk won’t be attending the event with all of you. He’s attending with Sooyoung.”

“Who’s attending with whom?” Kyuhyun asked in a whisper, having just stepped out of his bedroom with Sungmin.

“Teuk hyung’s going to the event with Sooyoungie.” Sungmin replied before heading to Shindong to help him with his coat.

            Why would I even be surprised? Kyuhyun sighed as he leaned against the wall, watching everyone else as they prepared for the event in chaos. So much for wanting to have fun tonight. It didn’t take long before their manager yelled for them to board the SUVs so that they could leave for the event.

“Kyu?” Shindong gently elbowed the younger man. “Are you okay? You’re staring at nothing.”

“Huh? Oh, I’m fine. I just have a lot in my mind, hyung.” Kyuhyun forced a smile on his face.

“I’m really excited for Teuk hyung.” Henry spoke to no one in particular. “It’s the first time he and Sooyoung will be together in public after the press conference. A lot of people love them now.”

“And it’s going to be funny to see Soo in a maternity gown.” Kangin added from his spot beside Yesung.

Siwon rolled his eyes. “She’s going to be beautiful.”

A ghost of a smile crossed Kyuhyun’s face. She’s always beautiful.

            The loud screams of the fans waiting reached the fourteen pairs of ears and Super Junior knew that they already reached the red carpet area for the formal gathering. The boys were given last minute reminders by their manager before they exited the SUV; the flashes of camera greeting them. Kyuhyun forced a smile on his face and put of the usual façade that he had in front of the media. That was the least he could do for his group although in the inside, he was anything but smiling.

            The screams and cheers from the ELFs were soon mixed with those of the Sones as SNSD’s cars pulled up at the start of the red carpet and the eight girls pilled out. The girls really did look beautiful and stunning that night. It was more than obvious that Siwon and Sungmin had their eyes fixed on Tiffany and Sunny respectively. The rest of Super Jnior could only shake their heads.

“Hi oppa.” Seohyun greeted Kyuhyun softly once the girls joined them on the red carpet.

Kyuhyun merely nodded in reply, forcing a small smile on his face. He sure wasn’t in the best of moods that night. “Yah, Cho!” Heechul hissed at him though he managed to keep his smile plastered on his face. “What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing, hyung.” He forced a bigger smile o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter