Because I Wasn't Supposed to Be

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            He didn’t know if he fitted the masochistic personality but what he was doing was hurting him; the century's infamous understatement. He knew it would but he was still doing it. Kyuhyun sighed, staring blankly at the screen of his laptop. The maknae didn’t know why he was watching a video of SNSD’s press conference over and over again… specifically, the part wherein Leeteuk admitted that he was the father of the baby and that he and Sooyoung were secretly dating.

Kyuhyun was hurt… and jealous.

            The brown haired man knew that he didn’t have any right to be jealous. What happened between him and Sooyoung was just a one night, no strings attached kind of thing. Hell, he was the one who rubbed it in her face to begin with. They weren’t dating. He wasn’t supposed to be hurt and jealous at all. But he was and he didn’t understand why. Kyuhyun envied his Teuk hyung so much and he didn’t know why. You know why, you idiot. Why can’t you just admit it? A part of him yelled furiously at him. Kyuhyun chuckled, finding everything so absurd.

“Why are you laughing?” Sungmin shot him a weird look.

He hastily put on his straight face and shook his head furiously. “Nothing, hyung.”

            Sungmin arched an eyebrow but said nothing else as he went back to texting Sunny. Kyuhyun let out an inaudible sigh of relief, mentally smacking himself for acting like a crazy man right then and there. He knew he was trying his best to deny it. But as each passed by and he slowly felt like he was dying, he knew it was a fact instead of a mere illusion.

The boy – who said that he didn’t believe in love at all – was deep in love with the girl he couldn’t have.

“Life is certainly unfair.” Kyuhyun whispered to himself; his face mirroring all the emotions he felt.

For once, he knew he was being true to himself.

o-o-o-o-o

“I’m tired.” Sooyoung yawned, covering with her hand as she spoke. “I’m going to sleep as soon as we’re inside.”

“Well, we’re already here, unnie.” Yoona rolled her eyes good naturedly as she, Sooyoung and Seohyun came into a stop outside SNSD’s dorm, having just returned from Sooyoung’s regular baby checkup.

            Seohyun opened to reply but she closed it as soon as she noticed a very familiar white car parked a few blocks away from the dorm. Why did he park all the way there? Seohyun asked herself as Yoona inserted the key in the hole, twisting the door knob open. What the three women weren’t expecting was to see the six other SNSD girls all camped out in the living room, staring at one direction as if some miracle was happening.

“What’s happening, unnie?” Seohyun asked no one in particular.

Hyoyeon’s eyes fell on Sooyoung. “I think you may want to see the kitchen. You’ll be surprised.”

            A look of curiosity crossed her face as she made her way over to the kitchen, followed by her two dongsaengs. True to Hyoyeon’s words, the shikshin really was indeed surprised as she saw Leeteuk multi-tasking in the kitchen. To be exact, he was trying to cook and read a pregnancy book at the same time. Sooyoung didn’t know if she was going to laugh or if she was going to stay frozen in awe at the sight she was met with. Maybe b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter