Broken

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Substitute

Pairing: Sooyoung/Leeteuk, Sooyoung/Kyuhyun

Chapter Thirty One: Broken

o-o-o-o-o

“Where the hell is he?” Heechul ran a hand through his hair as he paced back and forth, glancing at the nearby clock every so often. “Damn it, he should know better than this.”

Henry sighed as he pulled his phone away from his ear. “He’s still not answering.”

“I’ll try again.” Zhou Mi was immediately on his phone, pressing on the speed dial.

“Didn’t he say that he was going to SNSD’s dorm to talk to Sooyoung about the baptism?” Donghae asked no one in particular. “I really think we should call them.”

“But if something did happen to him there or he decided to stay overnight, he would’ve called already… or if not him, one of the girls would.” Yesung shook his head. “This doesn’t make any sense.”

Ryeowook glanced at him worriedly. “Maybe there he was an emergency?”

“Still… He would’ve called.” Hankyung grimaced.

“He’s really not answering.” Zhou Mi informed his brothers.

“Damn it!” Kangin bellowed before he sent Heechul a questioning look. “Should we tell the managers already?”

Heechul grimaced. “I think–”

Siwon took out his phone. “I think we should call the girls. If hyung’s not with them, Sooyoung deserves to know what happened.”

“Wait a minute.” Kyuhyun was on his feet in an instant. “She just recovered from her depression. This might trigger it again.”

Donghae buried his face in his hands in frustration. “We can’t risk it.”

“He’s here! He’s here!” Sungmin yelled from the front door. “Hyung? Hyung, are you alright? What happened?”

“Finally.” Kangin moved from the sofa he was sitting on; Shindong and Kibum behind him. “I’m going to kill him for this.”

“Leeteuk hyung, we were–” Kibum paused in mid-step, watching with wide eyes as Sungmin hauled their painfully drunk leader into the door. “What the…”

“Why the hell is it taking so long?” Heechul pushed his way past Kangin and Shindong, freezing when he saw the state the older man was it. “What the hell did you do?”

“”I drank.” Leeteuk giggled, beaming at Shindong when he came forward to help Sungmin. “It was just one bottle, I promise, Chullie.”

Kangin smacked the palm of his hand against his forehead, not believing for a second that he only had one bottle of whatever it was he had. “Hyung, why?”

“Because it hurts.” Despite his words, he giggled again.

Kibum and Heechul exchanged a look. “What hurts?”

“Because I love her and she kept this really, really, really big secret from me.” Leeteuk’s speech slurred as he spoke. “And it hurts… It hurts…”

“Thank god.” Eunhyuk let out a sigh of relief as Sungmin and Shindong brought Leeteuk to the living room. “Hyung, we were so worried.”

Kyuhyun stepped forward. “Hyung…”

                The drunken smile on his face disappeared at the sound of Kyuhyun’s voice, at the mere sight of him. Leeteuk winced as all the emotions and the pain he had been trying to drown with alcohol came flooding back in. The guy who had pushed Sooyoung away, the guy who was the real father of Sun Jung, the guy that Sooyoung kept a secret from him for more than a year… That guy was just right in front of him all along. The guy who could take away the two people he loved the most without knowing was just right there all this time.

“YOU SON OF A !”

                Kyuhyun barely had time to react as Leeteuk broke away from Sungmin and Shindong’s hold, smacking him hardly square on the jaw. Kyuhyun fell on the floor with a loud thud; the pain he was feeling from his face falling in comparison to the shock he was feeling.

“Hyung!” Shindong yelled, pulling Leeteuk away from the fallen Kyuhyun. “Hyung, why did you do that? What’s wrong with you?”

“IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!” He screamed as tears began to stream down his face. He tried to lunge for Kyuhyun again but this time both Kangin and Shindong held him back, trying to restrain him. “YOU !”

“Hyung!” Henry and Donghae yelled in shock. “Stop it!”

“What the hell is going on?” Heechul demanded; his head pounding with all the stress.

“It’s your fault while I’m like this!” Leeteuk choked back on his sobs; his anger becoming more and more apparent. “How could you do this to me? How could do this to her? WHAT KIND OF GUY ARE YOU?”

“Hyung…” Kyuhyun struggled to sit up. “I don’t understand…”

“I’m not Sun Jung’s father.” He fell down on his knees, taking Shindong and Kangin down with him. “She’s not my daughter…”

“What?” Sungmin gasped. “How is that possible? Hyung, I think you’re just joke.”

Leeteuk ignore him; a snarl making its way to his tear-stained face as he focused only on Kyuhyun. “She’s yours.”

“What?” Kyuhyun froze; his eyes going wide and his jaw dropping in shock. “No…”

“She told me, Kyu… She told me all those months ago how you pushed her away. You told her to forget about it… that it was a mistake.” He sobbed harder, heaving as he struggled to deal with the pain. “How could you, Kyu? How could you do that? Now I’m the one suffering. You made the mistake… but why am I the one suffering? It’s not fair, damn it. Why am I the one suffering?”

                The dorm was silent, except for Leeteuk’s loud and desperate sobs; their leader still going on and on about why he was the one suffering. Kyuhyun didn’t move, barely breathing as the news sank in. He already knew that he had screwed up when he told Sooyoung that that night was a mistake, that they were just friends. They were all lies and now as he watched Kangin let Leeteuk cry against his chest, he realized how the past year or so had just been pure lies.

“I…” Kyuhyun scrambled to his feet. “I need to go.”

“Kyu.” Heechul said in a warning tone.

“I have to go.”

                Nearly tripping on his own feet, Kyuhyun grabbed his car keys from the table, leaving the dorm without anot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter