Does He?

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            A loud, tired sigh escaped Kyuhyun’s lips as he stood outside Super Junior’s dorm. It really did feel so good to be home. Coming from the rehearsal for a future KRY performance, he knew that he would probably fall asleep once his head came in contact with his pillow. It wasn’t that he wasn’t enjoying his work… it was far from it. He honestly enjoyed singing and performing. But just like any other job, his was tiring and sometimes, it took the life out of him. At that thought, he inserted it in the key hole and entered the dorm. He was expecting to be greeted by his hyungs but instead he found himself staring wide-eyed at the tall brunette in Super Junior’s leaving room.

Sooyoung turned her head towards him and her eyes widened at the sight of him before they turned guarded. “Oh. Hello, Kyuhyun oppa.”

He hated how she became so formal when talking to him… so different from how it used to be, especially before that night. “What are you doing here, Soo?”

“I’m just waiting for Teuk oppa.” She replied, forcing a small smile on her face.

Super Junior’s maknae paused mid-step before staring at her again. Teuk hyung again? Are they going out or something? He thought to himself. “I’m not sure if he’s out…”

“He’s changing in his room. He told me to wait for him here.” The brunette explained, looking at everything else but him.

            Kyuhyun sat on his favorite couch without taking his eyes off of her even for a second. It hurt him… it hurt him a lot how she was purposefully ignoring him and acting like he didn’t exist. It was like that night didn’t exist at all. He knew it was his fault. Well, why the hell was he even expecting any better? They agreed that what they did that night was a no strings attached kind of thing. They were just both alone and depressed… not to mention, they had a feeling that they needed each other back then. But damn, it still hurt so much for Kyuhyun even if he asked for her to forget everything in his paranoia. He even told her that he didn't even like her. What a lie. Now, he was hurting because she actually listened to him... and how he wished it didn't hurt so much.

“Soo… can we talk?”

Her jaw tightened. “We are talking, oppa.”

But before he could say anything, the door of Leeteuk and Donghae’s room swung open and out came Leeteuk with Donghae close behind him. “Sorry if I kept you waiting for such a long time…” He paused when he realized that Sooyoung wasn’t the only one in the living room. “Hey, you’re back! How was rehearsal, Kyu?” He sent the younger man a smile.

“It went well, hyung.” Kyuhyun was just about to leave it at that when he remembered something. “Oh, wait. Yesung hyung and Ryeowook hyung told me to tell everyone that they’d be home late so Hankyung hyung should cook dinner instead.”

Donghae grinned. “Beijing Fried Rice, here I come!”

Leeteuk rolled his good naturedly before nodding towards Sooyoung. “I’ll be home late too so don’t wait for me.”

            Kyuhyun opened his mouth to say something but chose to shut it instead. He and Donghae watched in silence as Sooyoung and Leeteuk bade them goodbye and left, chatting softly amongst themselves. Kyuhyun was already expecting the pain in his heart when he saw her give a full hug to Donghae but she only bowed politely towards him. But then again… he knew that the pain was something he wouldn’t get used to.

It wasn’t long before he felt an elbow gently jabbing him at the sides. “Hey, are you okay?” Donghae asked him a look of concern. “You zoned out on me for a minute there.”

The younger man blinked a couple of times. “Hyung, are those two dating?”

Donghae’s shoulders lifted in a shrug. “Hyung said they’re just friends. He wouldn’t hide things like that from us… but I think it’s too early to tell. Who knows, right?”

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, swallowing the lump that former in his throat. “Yeah… I guess it is…”

o-o-o-o-o

“I really can’t believe you went through all the trouble of borrowing a car that we can use, oppa.” Sooyoung said for the nth time since she saw the black BMW earlier in the dorm.

“People know my white Audi too well already.” He said in a matter of fact tone. “This c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter