Of Sparks and Crimson Faces

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Sooyoung took a deep breath as she stared at the building in front of her and Leeteuk. Thanks to Jessica’s persistence, the two now found themselves standing outside the place where a pregnancy and parenting class was set to take place. The older woman had insisted that reading baby books simply wasn't enough, going as far as to sign them up for the said class on her own.

“You really didn’t have to listen to Sica, oppa.” The brunette pointed out. “I could’ve gone with one of the girls or on my own.”

“That’s not an option.” He replied, absently taking her hand in his.

She pouted, completely not noticing the fact that their hands were together. “Why not, oppa?”

Leeteuk nodded towards a promotional poster of the class. “Both mom and dad have to attend.”

            She blushed at his answer as he guided her into the building. A staff member led them to where the class was and the pair was slightly surprised to find a lot of expecting parents in the room. The two weren’t really bothered when some of the attendees started whispering and giving them glances. They were used to it already.

“Welcome everyone.” A middle aged doctor by the name of Doctor Woo greeted all the participants as she entered the room. “We hope that you all will learn a lot about parenting and pregnancy. We will start the class with massaging techniques.”

“I’m good at that.” Leeteuk grinned, making the shikshin giggle softly.

            Doctor Woo soon began giving instructions, telling the pregnant women to sit on a chair while all the men were seated a few inches in front of their respective girls. Leeteuk did as he was told, adding a bonus for all those watching him by helping Sooyoung sit down and prompting the whispers to become louder than they were earlier.

“Because of their large bellies, the ankles of pregnant women hurt quite often. It's not easy to carry all that weight” The first part of her sentence was rewarded by laughter from the students-for-a-day. “So it’s important for the expecting fathers to know how to massage ankles.”

Slowly and carefully, Leeteuk took Sooyoung’s right out of her flip flops and placed it on his lap. “Poor ankle… She must be so heavy for you, isn’t she?”

“Yah!” Sooyoung pouted once more. “Why are you even talking to my ankle?”

            As the doctor demonstrated on a supposedly pregnant mannequin, Leeteuk did his best to follow each and every instruction she was giving. On the other hand, Sooyoung was doing her best to act normal but all she could focus on was how gentle his hands were on her feet. Even his simplest touch sent chills up her spine.

“Hey, are you cold or something?” He frowned at her. “I told you to bring a jacket!”

She felt her face heat up, hurriedly looking down at her belly. “It’s nothing, oppa.”

Thankfully for her, the massaging session ended with no other unwanted reddening of her face. “The next part of this class is assembling baby bags.” Doctor Woo announced as her staff began to distribute the needed materials to the participants. “Let’s say you’re spending the whole day out of the house. What are you going to put in the baby bag?”

“This is very applicable to us.” Sooyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter