Words Unsaid

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that the atmosphere was very tense that it was already very uncomfortable was an understatement.

Meal times in the Super Junior dorms had always been a lively affair. There were fifteen of them, after all, and a lot of chattering, bantering and laughter came along hand in hand in a group that size. But the past few days hadn’t been normal at all – they were all far from normal to begin with – and the Super Junior members, sans two, knew they shouldn’t be surprise that silence and tension frequently kept them company as a group.

As it was, the fifteen boys were gathered around their dining table, custom made to fit all fifteen of them, for breakfast and it was, like the previous meals they shared since that devastating reveal of the truth, had been somber. As eldest, Leeteuk always took the head of the table with the fourteen spread on either side of him. He liked it that way, because that seat gave him a good look at everyone else. But ever since all hell started, he pretty much dragged Heechul to that seat to take his place, glaring at the second eldest member when he tried move. He often sat to Heechul’s right and everyone knew it was because Kyuhyun sat on the seventh chair down the table and the position meant he wouldn’t have to see the maknae’s face. That arrangement meant that Donghae, Kangin, Siwon, Shindong, and Yesung were all literally caught in the middle.

Kyuhyun didn’t exactly make things any easier.

It had been a week since the members learned that Leeteuk had broken up with Sooyoung, thanks to Kyuhyun who had come charging into the dorm an hour after the incident. Leeteuk had been on his way into his room, all red eyes and tear stained face, when Kyuhyun came to a screeching a halt a feet or two before him. The rest had been on their guard, waiting for another fight to explode. Kyuhyun was absolutely seething, there was no question, while Leeteuk simply stared at him; anger in his eyes even as the rest of his face remained dead.

But the fight they’d expected didn’t take place.

Kyuhyun merely shook his head at his leader and walked away into his room.

It was also through Kyuhyun that the other members found out bits and pieces of how Sooyoung was doing. Siwon, Sungmin, Donghae and few others had tried to go to the SNSD dorm to see their friend themselves but they had been politely but firmly shut out; the rest of girls stating that Sooyoung just really didn’t want to see anyone at all. Only Kyuhyun had the privilege of being allowed entrance into the dorm but the dark haired man had informed them it was merely because he was Sun Jung’s father. He barely got the chance to interact with the brunette and the rare times he saw her, it seemed like she was getting worse.

“This is ing stupid.” Heechul bellowed out of the blue, surprising many of the members that they nearly jumped out of their seats. Glaring at the Leeteuk and Kyuhyun from the head of the table, he made his distaste for the situation very clear on his face. “You two are adults, right? This is not the time to be stupid children. Talk. Because all the avoiding is making it worse.”

Reply came in the form a chair being pushed backward.

Leeteuk kept his eyes on the utensils and dishes he cleared off the table; the members watching as he quietly deposited them in the sink before he went straight for his room.

Kibum groaned. “That went well.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“YOU. HAVE. TO. EAT.” Taeyeon enunciated every word once she was met with an untouched tray of food when she entered Sooyoung’s room. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Try another lie. Maybe I might end up believing in you.” Sighing, the SNSD leader moved the tray out of the way before she settled beside Sooyoung, who had the covers drawn up until her waist and was staring at the wall. “Soo, don’t do this.”

“You don’t understand.”

“I know I’ll never understand what you’re going through.” The older woman reached for her friend’s hand, frowning when it was cold to her touch. “But Sun Jung needs you.”

“I know.” She sighed. “It’s just so hard, Taeng.”

“Oh, Soo…” Taeyeon let go of her hand in favor of wrapping her arms around the distraught woman. “Hindsight is 20/20, alright? You did what you thought was right. You did what you thought was best. You just need to give yourself, Kyuhyun oppa and Leeteuk oppa time to calm d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter