The Question

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re really good at this.” Leeteuk stated the obvious as he and Kyuhyun played Tekken Tag Tournament in the living room. It wasn’t his first time to place this game. He actually played this a couple of times already especially when he was bored. But Kyuhyun was just such an expert in the video game already that he was so hard to beat

He beamed. “Thanks, hyung!”

The older of the two pouted. “I’m losing already.”

Kyuhyun suddenly paused the game and put down his controller. “Hey, hyung. Can I ask you something?”

Leeteuk could tell by the tone of his voice that it wasn’t a shallow question. “What is it?”

“Are you and Sooyoung dating?”

The question took him by surprise and he couldn’t help but wonder why the maknae was suddenly asking that question. “No, no. We’re not together at all. We’re just friends and we’ve just been spending a lot of time together lately.”

He nodded slowly. “Oh… Okay.”

“Why are you asking?” This time, Kyuhyun was caught off-guard by his hyung’s question.

You just had to ask, Kyu. Way to go. He yelled at himself mentally before trying to think of the safest answer. “Nothing really, hyung… The guys and I just noticed that you two have been hanging out a lot lately. She was here the other day too, right?”

Super Junior’s leader forced a smile on his face but he was actually silently cursing himself. “Everyone thinks that way? We’re just really friends. Nothing more and nothing less.”

Kyuhyun wanted to believe what he said so badly… but he just really had a feeling that there was something more to his hyung’s relationship with Sooyoung.

o-o-o-o-o

“We should go baby shopping!” Tiffany exclaimed as she and the girls gathered in the living room. “The baby’s going to need clothes, toys, diapers and feeding bottles!”

“Fany, excited much?” Jessica rolled her eyes good naturedly at her. “Soo’s not even halfway through the pregnancy yet.”

Taeyeon snapped her fingers. “Maybe we could think of baby names already! There’s so many to choose from!”

Sooyoung laughed. “You girls are more excited than I am.”

“Of course we are! We get to be aunties already!” Sunny squealed. “By the way, when are you finding the of the baby out?”

The tall brunette bit her lower lip gently in thought. “Maybe next month?”

“All eight of us are going with you, unnie!” Yoona said excitedly before gently nudging Sooyoung with her elbow. “And Teuk oppa’s going too, right?”

She hadn’t really thought about that. “If he wants to, then he’s free to go.”

“I’m sure he would.” Seohyun put a pillow on her lap. “You know, unnie, if I hadn’t known any better… I’d say that Teukie oppa likes you.”

“Teukie oppa?” Sooyoung snorted. “Nah, that’s impossible. He’s just taking care of me just like how an older brother would.”

            The girls continued on talking about random things, enjoying their rare free time together. It wasn’t often that they get to spend a lot of time together just to hang-out and they all knew their lives were bound to change once Sooyoung’s secret was out. That in itself was enough for them to enjoy the peace they have so far. Simple moments like that mattered a lot to them and their friendship.

            Sooyoung winced, feeling something painful and funny from her stomach area. The pain was tolerab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter