You Didn't Have To

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            If he was only weaker than he is emotionally and mentally, Leeteuk would’ve fainted already because of all the tension in the conference room and all the emotions he was feeling all at the same time as he sat on his seat, forced to look calm. It was the day… SNSD’s press conference. Just as originally planned, all members of the idol groups under SM Entertainment were there, seated amongst the cluster of chairs at the side of the platform. Even DBSK and BoA were all there to show their support for their nine girls; the six artists flying back immediately from Japan once they heard of the news. Being DBSK’s biggest fan in SNSD, Sooyoung was greatly spoiled by all five gods of the east. That was why Leeteuk wasn’t surprised when the five men entered the room, looking like they wanted to strangle everyone from the media present.

“I was able to check up on her before I went here.” BoA spoke loud enough for the people around her to hear. “She’s doing well. She’s trying really hard to hold herself together.”

“I’m not liking this.” Jaejoong mumbled; his eyes narrowed into dangerous slits. “I’m not liking this at all.”

            Leeteuk frowned, wanting nothing more than to get out of his seat and be by Sooyoung’s side. But he knew he couldn’t. He knew that he needed to stay put and let the girls face the problem together as one group. As his eyes fell on the waiting journalists and photographers, he wished that the press conference didn’t have to happen at all. Hell, he wished that the jackass of a photographer didn’t take the picture at the first place. But as the doors of the conference opened once more and the nine girls of SNSD entered with their hands held tight, he knew it was inevitable. This press conference would change everything. He was sure of it. How? He didn’t know.

            Photographers began to take countless pictures as the girls made their way to the long table prepared for them for the press conference. Everyone could see how different Sooyoung looked. Despite the baby bump, she looked very tired and stressed out. Gone was the spunky attitude that she was known for. Those who knew her well could tell. Everyone else just saw a collected, serene and pregnant Sooyoung as she and the rest of the girls took their seats. The SM artists all tensed up as the press conference began.

“Thank you for coming to our press conference.” Taeyeon spoke after she took in a very deep breath. “We hope that this conference would clear up all the false rumors and settle all issues.”

            And just like that, the reporters began throwing a series of allegations and issues at Sooyoung. Kyuhyun stiffened in his seat, worrying for the tall brunette. How could those jerks by so ruthless? She’s pregnant! He thought angrily, glaring at the reporters in general. “Are you leaving SNSD now that you are having a baby soon?” A reporter asked.

“Yes, I am having a baby and I am aware of the implications that my pregnancy has. However, I’ve spoken to Lee Soo Man and the rest of the management prior to this press conference and thankfully, I was allowed to keep my place in SNSD.” Sooyoung answered. “SNSD is my life. I would do whatever it takes to stay with my friends and keep performing for as long as I can.”

“But don’t you consider yourself an embarrassment to SNSD and to SM Entertainment?”

If it wasn’t for Donghae’s arm restraining him, Leeteuk would’ve punched the reporter square on the jaw by now. “Hyung, contro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter