Redeem

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, you.”

Kyuhyun looked up from his laptop, sending a small smile towards the older man’s way. “Hey, hyung.”

“How are you holding up?” Kangin asked, settling himself on Sungmin’s empty bed.

“I’m playing this online game I discovered a few days ago.” He answered absently, focusing back on his laptop. "It's pretty cool actually but you know Starcraft will always be my favorite-"

The older man rolled his eyes. “That’s not what I’m talking about.”

He sighed. Of course he knew what his hyung was talking about. He just wanted to avoid the topic. “I’m trying, hyung. It’s hard.” The answer was soft but for Kangin, it spoke volumes. “But I’m willing to move on. I’m going to save myself before I fall any deeper.”

“Atta boy.” Kangin smirked, throwing one of Sungmin’s pink pillows at the younger man. “That’s the spirit.”

The maknae chuckled and threw the pillow back. “Yeah… I’m actually meeting up with Seohyun after their practice.”

To his surprise, he frowned. “Kyu.” His tone held warning.

“What? What did I say?” The negative reaction caught him off guard to say the least.

Kangin shook his head. “Don’t use Seohyun to cover up your feelings for Soo.”

“I’m not!” Kyuhyun protested defensively, setting his laptop to the side. “Seohyun’s a really nice and sweet girl.”

“Just keep what I said in mind.” Without any other word, Kangin got up and silently exited the room, leaving Kyuhyun on his own to ponder on what happened. A sad, defeated sigh escaped the maknae’s lips as he glanced at his laptop, which was flashing a picture of Choi Sooyoung.

o-o-o-o-o

“Unnie!” Seohyun greeted her friend as she entered the bedroom with a tray of food. “Had a good nap?”

Sooyoung yawned, covering with her hand, before she nodded. “Yeah… I think I needed the nap.”

“Teuk oppa called earlier and he said that he’ll drop by before Sukira later.” The maknae of SNSD carefully placed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter