New Purchases

The Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Leeteuk sighed as he pulled over and parked his white Audi in the garage. He looked outside the window; a ghost of a smile on his face as he stared at his parents’ home. He realized that he hadn’t visited the house in such a long time because of his busy schedule and he just felt so glad to be home for the first time after a long time. But he knew, as he stepped out the car and walked towards the front door, that the reason for his visit wouldn’t sit well with his mother.

“PARK JUNG-SU!”

He fought the urge to roll his eyes and grimace as he stepped inside the house, closing the door behind him. He was already expecting this scolding from her but still… he was somehow expecting it to be a little better. “Hi umma.”

“Don’t ‘hi umma’ me, young man.” His mother made a face at her son as she placed her hands on her hips. “Care to explain why you called yesterday saying that you’re visiting and you want me to get pregnancy books before you come here? Did you get a girl pregnant?!”

“What? No!” Leeteuk exclaimed, wondering how his own mother could of think of him that way. “It’s not for me! Well, it’s kinda for me… but still!”

She frowned at her son. “You are not making any sense.”

            An exasperated sigh escaped his lips before he asked his mother to sit down so he could explain everything her, thankful that Sooyoung had allowed him to let his mother in on the secret. He thought to himself before he took a deep breath and began his explanation. He said it all; from Sooyoung being pregnant and the baby not having a father to him deciding to take on the responsibility of taking care of SNSD’s shikshin during pregnancy and even after.

“Oh dear…” She couldn’t help but feel so heartbroken for the young, pregnant woman. “Having a baby would change her life forever.”

Leeteuk nodded. “I’m the only one, aside from the girls and her family, who knows about it. I just can’t pretend I don’t know and not do anything… right, umma?”

A proud smile made its way to her face as she reached her hands out to caress his face. “You’re doing well.” A beat passed. “But what will happen if things go wrong? I’m sure when the media finds out, you’ll be part of the whole scandal. What are you planning to do?”

“I don’t want to think about that yet, umma. We just want to keep Soo’s secret for as long as we can… But… I really plan on being there for her… even after she gives birth.” He was surprised when he heard the hint of anger in his voice when he spoke next. “Apparently, the guy who got her pregnant doesn’t have the guts to take care of her.”

“Does he even know that he’d be a father? Maybe if he knew, things woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter