I love you... Goodbye

I'll Protect You With All My Life

 

Dara’s POV:

 

I quickly took a bath and dried myself. I look for clothes that are comfortable. I saw my favourite clothes and wear it together with its pairing shoes.

 

                                                                

 

I went downstairs after I finish my preparation. I waited for Tabi to arrive in the living room. Few minutes passed and I heard the sound of his car. I stand up and grabbed my purse to meet him. I opened the door and saw him wearing dark jeans, white button down shirt and a high cut white converse, oh! Alright we’re wearing matching clothes.

 

He was about to ring the door bell when he saw me. He smiled as he handed me a bouquet of pink tulips.  Because I felt happy seeing my favourite flowers, I instantly grabbed it from him and tip toed to kiss him on the lips as a thanks. I saw how he tense up when I peck on his lips. Ahhh... dammit! Sure, he felt disgusted. Ha-ha! That one hurts... I pulled away from him and take a look at his face. Unreadable. He’s trying to hide his emotion. I smiled at him, a smile that didn’t even reach my ears. A fake smile.

 

“Hold on a bit, I’ll just put it in my vase and put some water. Do you want to come in and have some drinks or something?” I offered. He shook his head.

 

“Ahh no, its okay Tokki, I’ll wait at my car. Just follow me there.” He answered as he turned around and went back inside his care. *sigh* Why bother calling me Tokki... you’re just making my heart fluttered. I quickly do my business and walk to his car. I saw him looking at nowhere. He must be thinking huh? I told myself. I opened the passenger seat and settle myself. I glanced at him. He didn’t even bother to look at me when I sit.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked. That made him back to his reverie.

 

“Ahh it’s a secret.” He timidly answered. I’m waiting for him to turn his head to me but he didn’t. I gave up look in front instead. Stupid Tabi! He didn’t even glance at me. Aishhh!!!!! I want shift!!!! I can’t take it anymore!! I’m hurting so much like hell. . . It’s like he’s here with me... physically, but his heart and mind is with her. . . I’m just asking for one last day, to be with him so that there will be no hard feelings when we broke up... so that even it hurts... we can still be friends... Just for tonight, can you pretend that you still love me? I want to ask him that... so badly. But I shut my mouth, afraid that he will push me away more. . . I felt a single tear escape from my eyes. I quickly looked to my right side and wiped the wet thingy on my face that betrayed my facade. I hope he didn’t notice it. Well I know he didn’t because his mind is still preoccupied with something... for sure, her mate.

 

After a half an hour past we arrived in nowhere. I looked around and found nothing.

 

“Hey.” He said, I looked at him. “We’re here, but I have to put it on you.” He forced a smiled and raised his right hand with a blindfold. I just nodded at him.

 

He put the blindfold on my eyes as he guided me to somewhere. I kept my mouth shut as he hold me, keeping me from tripping or stumbling. I’ll just cherish his touch while I’m blindfolded. At least this way I can enjoy his touch without seeing the expression written on his face... I can dream that he’s still in love with me. . .

 

We abruptly stopped and he let go of my hand. I wish he didn’t let go. I sniffed the air around and it seems we are in a garden, I can smell tress, roses, grasses and sweet fruits. I felt him taking the blindfold off. I slowly open my eyes and saw a beautiful garden full of roses and other flowers and big trees on the side with grasses everywhere that were properly trimmed and a big green house in the middle with a dinner table set-up.

 

“Wow.” I voiced out. He took my hand and led me to the green house. The place is really big, I don’t know where did he found this. He told me to eat as he did the same. We eat in silence and no one dare to take.

 

We finished all the food. It’s good. I look up and watch the person in front of me. There he is... the person I love, looking somewhere else, preoccupied. He must sense that I’m looking at him, so he turn his head to look at me... there you go again... he flashed me his fake smile. I look away and look up the sky, taking a deep breath to stop myself from crying.

 

“Tokki-ah.” He called me using the nickname he gave me. “It’s been a long time since I heard you played the piano and sing.” He continued. This time I looked at him. He stood up and I follow him with my eyes. He stood in front of something that was covered in white cloth beside the tree.

 

“Can I hear you play something for me?” He asked.

 

“Sure.” I answered. I went to where the piano is located and sat on the small chair in front of it. Tabi sat next to mine. I look at him and thought that this will be the last time that I will sing to him as his lover.

 

“Do you have any request?” I asked.

 

“None... Anything from you.” He said giving me his faked smile and I gladly return a same smile.

 

“Let me think first.” I trailed off. Why does he want to hear me sing... damn! I looked away and focus my attention on the tree beside me. . .tree huh? I felt like singing ‘You and me sitting on a tree H-U-R-T-I-N-G... HEY HEARTBREAKER’ ha-ha! I laughed bitterly to myself.

 

“I haven’t played for a while so please excuse my mistake...alright here goes nothing.” I said, he just nodded.

 

Wish I could be the one
the one who could give you love
The kind of a love you really need

Wish I could say to you 
that I'll always stay with you
But baby that's not me...

You need someone, 
willing to give the heart and soul to you,
Promise you forever...
But baby that's something I can't do...

CHORUS:

 

Oh, I could say that I'll be all you need but that would be a lie
I know I'll only hurt you, I know I'll only make you cry..                                                                       

  I'm not the one you're needing...                                                                                                          

  I LOVE YOU GOODBYE...

 

I hope someday you can
find some way to understand,
I'm only doing this for you

I don't really wanna go
But deep in my heart, I know,
This is the kindest thing to do...


Can't find someone,
who'll be the one that I could never be,
And give you something better...
Than the love you find with me...


CHORUS:

Oh, I could say that I'll be all you need but that would be a lie
I know I'll only hurt you, I know I'll only make you cry..                                                                       

  I'm not the one you're needing...                                                                                                          

  I LOVE YOU GOODBYE...

 

BRIDGE:
Leaving someone
when you love someone,
It is the hardest thing to do...
When you love someone,
as much as I love you...
Oh I don't wanna leave you, 
Baby it tears me up inside...
But i'll never be the one you're needing...
I LOVE YOU GOODBYE....

Baby, It's never gonna work out...
I LOVE YOU GOODBYE.... 

 

I sing the song with all my heart... letting him know that I’m setting him free now. I can’t help but cry when I sing this song. It breaks my heart.

 

When I finish singing I continue crying and I can sense that he was looking at me. I felt arms encircled around me as I sobbed.

 

“What’s wrong Tokki? Are you heart? Tell me...” He asked, worried. I pulled away and looked at him, still crying.

 

“Here.” I pointed to my chest. “It hurts here... a lot.” His eyes widened in realization.

 

“You...you sing that because you want to let go?” He asked.

 

“Yes.” I whispered.

 

“NO!!! I’m not letting you go!!! So all this time you’re thinking that today is the last day??!! Is that it???!!!” He shouted. I just nod my head and looked down.

 

“NO!! NO!! NO!!” He continued.

 

“Yes Tabi... you have to let go. She already have your love... it’s the best for both of us.” I murmured still looking down. I suddenly felt his hand as he cupped my face and force me to look at him.

 

I love you, and always will. You’re always here in my heart no matter what... so don’t ever think about letting go.” I shake my head and hold his hand on my face.

 

“Thank you... you’re words are enough for me Tabi. All these years being with you is wonderful. You bring me back to whom really am I, you brought the sunshine in my life, you gave me everything and you gave me your love, those things are enough for me to say that I’m happy being with you and I will treasure those moments forever here in my heart. I’m happy that you found your mate Tabi... so I will let you go now....” I said all my thanks for everything he did for me. Tears continue to fall from my eyes as I saw him with the same as state as me.

 

“But I told you... I will deny my mate...” He said softly. I shook my head.

 

“You can’t... and I know you’re lying Tabi... All this time you’re with me... all you think was her... Every word you said against mating hurts like hell right? So stop now Tabi... Let’s be honest, You will tell Bom about her being your mate, you will love her and protect her ok? Don’t worry about me about me anymore, I’m stronger now and you know it. I will move on... maybe not right away but I know I will be okay. You deserve to be happy with her. Just like I promise... I’m letting you go now. Be happy Tabi.” I leaned closer on to his face and kiss him full on his mouth. I pulled away quickly knowing this gesture will only disgust him. I look at him.

 

“Thank you for everything, we’re still friends right?” He nodded and this time he showed his genuine smile that I love. “Alright... Say hi to her for me and don’t let her feel guilty towards me. I love Bom, I don’t want her make her feel bad. I love both of you so... Be happy”

 

“Thank you.” He whispered and kissed my cheeks. " And I'm sorry."

 

“Now go!! Don’t look back coz’ I might change my decision!!!” I joked as he laughed and run towards his car. I saw his face... full of life, happiness and love.

 

“I love you...Goodbye.” I hug myself as I cried, wishing the pain will ease.

 

“You did a good job Dara.” I murmured to myself.

 

I cried and cried by myself in the greenhouse. Pouring all my emotion. I noticed my phone and saw that it’s almost midnight. I’m too tired. I need to go home. I picked my phone and called Chun. I waited for him to answer. I heard laughter and loud music in the background.

 

“Ch-chunnie... I-I set him free... “ I told him as I sobbed. “I did a good job right? I make a right decision Chun but it hurts... Please fetch me here Chun... I don’t know where am I... Just check the GPS... please Chun.” I murmured.

 

“Dara-ah” I heard someone replied from the other line but it’s not Chun. “Wait there... Chun and I will fetch you.” The guy on the other line said.

 

“Thank you...”  I answered.

 

I fixed myself and walk through the driveway leaving the greenhouse. My head felt heavy, dizziness is coming to me. I sat on the road waiting for Chun to arrive. I already stopped crying but the pain is still there.

 

Few minutes, I saw Chun’s Pagani Zonda coming near my position. As the car came to halt, I stand up quickly making me more dizzy. I felt myself falling on the ground. I waited for pain to come but it didn’t instead I felt a pair of arms holding me close to his chest. I felt safe and comfortable like the last time I cried. I leaned myself to him more as a familiar scent hit me. I looked up and saw a beautiful dark brown eyes almost black looking at me worriedly. And that’s the last thing I saw before my vision turned black as I heard myself calling him. . .

 

 

 

 

“Mr. Snuggle... “

 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

I know that the pace of the story is quite slow...

maybe 2-3 chapters more before she found her mate

but I hope you will still continue to support my fic,,,

Sorry for the errors

If I'm making things confusing please tell me

Enjoy reading...

Subscribe and Comment

Thank you!!