Mr. Snuggle and Almost Trouble

I'll Protect You With All My Life

 

Dara’s POV:

 

Tears keep pouring from my eyes. I tried to hold it back so many times but I failed. I'm still here in the forest trying to forget everything that happened but being alone inside the dark woods will make you think about it more.


I was still crying when I heard a twig snapped not far away from where I am currently sitting. For a moment,   I stopped from weeping and focus my attention to the possibilities that someone might attack me. I heightened my senses... I sniffed the air around me and I can smell one werewolf. I tried to act normal like what human does but kept myself alert. I focus my hearing on the side where I can hear footsteps.


Soon enough, a black wolf came out rustling in the bush on my right side. I keep myself calm acting like I didn't hear or smell anything. But right now I'm actually wondering about this wolf's scent, it's familiar. It seems like I've smell it somewhere before, but I don't have the time to think about it right now.

 

I grab the pink swift knife that was given to me by my friend Chaerin just in case of emergency. Well, even though I don't have this I can still defeat a werewolf using my bare hands in human form. Well, my parents enrolled me in a self-defense class though I don’t really need it, but I don’t want to freak them out just in case I show them my skill. Just in case they saw me fighting, at least I can say that I used to have a self-defense class so I can fight. And I don't want to suddenly show my werewolf skill, so in case this wolf will attack me, I'm just gonna use this knife and what I’ve learned from my class.


I turn to my right when I saw a black wolf with yellow eyes. Ahhh... He is from this pack. So, I'm good... well unless he doesn't have any ill intention.
 

Slowly he lowered his head, signalling that he doesn't mean any harm. Good! I smiled at the wolf as he continued to come closer. He nudged me on my side as if asking what's wrong. I was tempted to read his mind, but I didn't. Maybe he saw dried tears in my face. I put my knife back to my purse.
 

"Hey there! You're not supposed to be here. You should be at the party." I looked up to him as I his fur. Well, of course he didn’t answer because he can’t communicate with me using his mind link coz’ I haven’t sworn my loyalty to their pack and well, they thought I am a human.  He snuggle his head to my neck and continue nudging my side as if asking me what’s wrong.

 

“Ahh... you want to know why am I here?” I asked. I continue to his black fur as he snuggles in my lap. I chuckled to myself, I don’t know why but I really feel safe and comfortable around him. Does this wolf know who I am? But it’s the first time I encountered his scent so maybe he doesn’t know me though my wolf is telling me that it’s familiar. (A/N:Every pack has the same fur color and eyes, for Dara’s foster family’s pack, the Blue Moon, their fur is black and their eyes are yellow. Humans cannot identify the wolf using their normal senses, but werewolves can identify each other by their scent because every werewolf has their own sent.)

 

“You know what, I feel safe and comfortable with you, I feel like I can trust you. And to be honest, few minutes ago, I was crying myself out here alone but by the time I saw you... I suddenly felt calm. Kekeke! Funny right?” I confessed, smiling to myself. He let out a noise that sounded weird, maybe his is laughing as he continues snuggling in my laugh. “Hey! You keep on snuggling on me... Ahh I know! I call you Mr. Snuggle...haha!!! Kyeopta!” I clapped my hands as I heard him growled, I think he doesn’t like it... but whatever it’s his new name since he can’t tell me his name in his wolf form and I’m too tired to read his mind to find it out. But seriously, as a human I should freak out by hearing him growled but I don’t want to act in front of him and his growl doesn’t have any sign of threatening.

 

“Ahh... yeah I forgot that Mr. Snuggle here wants to know what am I doing here, right?” I told him as I heard him whimpered sensing my change of emotion. I suddenly felt the pain of losing Tabi again as I remember what happened earlier.

 

“To be honest, the reason I’m here is because... I-I’m said, hurting....” I trailed off trying not to croaked but failed. I heard him whimpered again as if he can feel my pain. He encircled me with his big fur body, making me feel secure. I smiled as see him trying to comfort me with his wolf ways. “I actually have a very, very handsome, loving, sweet, kind, gentleman and thoughtful werewolf boyfriend. Complicated right? We both know that sooner or later he will find his mate and so we have to let go of each other. Even so, we continued our relationship as if we’re married couple.” I continued and cannot help but chuckle with the memories.

 

”He turned 18 yesterday and I think you can guess pretty much what happen since there’s a lot of werewolf there and I am here alone, without him.” I look at Mr Snuggle as he cuddle beside me and letting a small sound to inform me that he’s listening.

 

“So, yeah... he found her mate today and to my horror, his mate is my cousin. It seems like fate is playing with us.” I stopped for a moment gathering my strength to voice out what will happen. “Tomorrow, I-I..... will... let him go...” I croaked as tears escape from my eyes. “It’s a promise I made to him.... because I know that he will get hurt if he continued to stay by my side... and I know that the moment he saw his mate.... I totally lost....my Tabi...” I sobbed silently. I felt Mr. Snuggle tense up upon mentioning Tabi’s name but I ignored it.

 

“I know... I know I did the right thing. I made the correct decision...but w-why.... why it hurts here...” I said pointing my chest. “A l-lot...” This time I can’t help but cried harder. Mr Snuggle remain silent while I’m crying my heart out, he just stayed by my side as he continued snuggling his face to my neck as if he wanted to hug me but having a hard time since he is in a wolf form.

 

After crying, which felt like an hour passed. I decided to go home. There’s nothing left for me to stay here. I grabbed my cell phone and call my twin since Tabi already left. I waited for few rings until he pick up.

 

“C-Chun—“ I tried to compose myself but failed.

 

“Dara-ah? What’s wrong? Are you crying? Where are you and Tabi?” As I heard his name, tears flowed again from my eyes. “Hey, tell me, where are you? You’re making me nervous...” He cooed.

 

“He f-found.... he found her....”  He didn’t respond. I know he’s struggling with his wolf right now, trying to calm himself as I dropped the bomb.

 

“I’m inside the woods Chunnie near the stream... I want to go home... please...” I know that as soon as I tell him that he will immediately look for me. I turned to Mr. Snuggle.

 

“Mr. Snuggle... I have to go now, my brother will be here in a minute. You can leave if you want to. Ahmm...I’m really grateful to you for listening. I’m so sorry to waste your time. And if it’s okay...  can you keep what I told you a secret... I know that sooner or later the whole pack will found out about the new mated couple but you see... he hasn’t told her yet. Ok? And I hope will see each other again...maybe next time in your human form.” I gave him a grateful smile, waiting for him to move but he didn’t. Maybe he wanted to wait for my brother to fetch me, I’ll just let him do what he wanted.

 

After what seems a minute, I smelled Chun coming near me... Mr. Snuggle pulled his self away from me and stand all in his four feet beside me. With a blink of an eye, Chun is already few feet in front of me. He was about to run to my side when he saw Mr. Snuggle. They both look at each other and it seems their talking through their mind link. After that Chun started to walk toward me and wrapped me in his arms, hugging me tightly. If I didn’t cry earlier maybe I’ll be bawling my eyes now in his arms. But I’m too tired. I think crying once is enough.

 

“Thank you buddy.”  I heard Chun whispered to Mr. Snuggle. Huh? Buddy? Do they know each other?

 

“I’ll take you home now.” He interrupted me in my thoughts. I saw Mr. Snuggle nudge Chun’s leg and then look at me for a moment. I smiled at him and mouthed ‘thank you’, with that he turned around dash back further in the woods. Chun grabbed my hands and we started walking back to the pack house but we avoided them as much as possible. We reach his car and he opened the door for me. He jumped on the driver’s seat and turn on the engine as he started driving.

 

“I won’t say anything... but I think I already have an idea of what happened. I won’t fry you for the details but if you need someone to talk to, I’m always here, alright?” He gives me a quick squeezed in the hand.

 

“Thank you Chunnie...”

 

“I’ll talk to him tomorrow. We have to end it properly.” I continued. He just gave me a nod.

 

“And please don’t hurt him, don’t get mad at him... don’t ignore him and especially... don’t hate him. He is your best friend Chun, treat him like the way you usually treat him. Please do it for me. It’s not his fault.”  He just gave me a side glance but he didn’t reply. I trust Chun so I know he won’t do things that will hurt me.

 

We soon arrived in our house, I almost jump off the car and run directly to the room. I change to my pyjamas and crawl to my bed. I quickly open the music box to avoid crying again. I close my eyes and listen to the music to calm myself. When I felt that sleepiness is coming to me, I heard my phone rings. I close the music box and grabbed my cell phone to check the caller. My hearts beats rapidly when I saw the name of my boyfriend. Oh well... here goes nothing.

 

“Hey...”  I answered.

 

“Tokki-ah... Can we have a dinner tomorrow night?” he asked.

 

“Sure. I thought you already forgot the promi—“ He cut me off.

 

“Ok, I’ll fetch you tomorrow. Bye.” What the heck is that???? Does he need to cut me off like that? I know he doesn’t like me anymore but come on! We are friends became we became lovers, at least treat me as one.

 

I throw my phone on the floor and close my eyes. I wanted to forget everything. Should I use my gift and erase my memories? Nahhhhh, I’m not sure if it’s possible to use it to yourself. I settled myself and wait till sleepiness come to me.

 

I woke up with a sound of something being smashed downstairs. I look at the clock beside my bed and saw that it’s almost time for lunch. I sat up on my bed while rubbing my eyes. I listen intently on the sound coming downstairs. I heard 3 voices that I instantly recognized as Yoochun, mom and dad. I can hear Chun whispering, telling them how Tabi found his mate.

 

My muscles suddenly felt tense. I forgot about it, Haha! I chuckled bitterly to myself, how stupid am I. Today is the last day neh? I jump off the bed went to the bathroom. I freshen up and change to a pink tank top and white boxer shorts.

 

I walked through the door and went downstairs. I t seems like they heard me going down because they suddenly got quiet.

 

“Good Morning!” I shouted cheerily trying to lift up the bad mood in the house.

 

“Its afternoon to you darling.” Dad answer while grinning.

 

“Oh!” I acted surprised. “Is that so? Well good afternoon my beloved family.” I continue.

 

I saw dad shook his head while smiling. Mom kept herself busy in the kitchen but I heard her chuckled. I turn to Chun and he just rolled his eyes to me and well initiatively, I stuck my tongue out to him which earned a chuckle from him and dad.

 

Mom popped her head from the kitchen and shouted that lunch is ready. We all settled our self in the dining room and mom started to serve our food. We have a light conversation throughout lunch and I know they’re trying to keep my mind off Tabi. Well that’s until we discussed dinner.

 

“We will be out for dinner later, so just reheat the food that I kept in the oven later.” Mom said to me and Chun.

 

“Oh! I forgot! I won’t be eating here tonight. Tabi and I will be out for dinner.” I informed them. I saw all of them went stiff. So I continue. “It’s fine, okay? No need to be worked up... we just have to talk and end it properly.” I smiled and look at them one by one. They relaxed their shoulder except Chun. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it lightly. He looked at me in the eyes and I did the same. I can see worry in his eyes, pain and sadness. ‘I’ll be fine...promise. I’m stronger now.” I thought in my head hoping he can hear me.

 

And that’s when hell froze. His eyes widened in shocked and instantly stand up. He’s looking at me like I have two heads. And that’s when I realized what I did. Ooops! Sh*t! Did I use my ‘Telepathy” to him? OMG! Did I? Otokke! Did he found out????

 

“Y-You... Did you?... You use.... Aish!! Did you use mind link?”He asked. Oh sh*t! I quickly recomposed myself and act innocent. I tilted my head to the right and look at him curiously.

 

“Mind link? Are you okay? As if I can do that?” I asked him trying to hide my nervousness. Omo! He thought my ‘telepathy’ as a mind link. He forgot that I’m a ‘human’ and it’s impossible for it to be a mind link because I’m not from this pack.    

 

He just stood there for a minute while glaring at me. I can see our parents looking at us curiously. “But... but I heard your voice... IN MY HEAD!” Oh-oh... I gulped loudly and acted scared as he raised his voice.

 

“Ahmm...ahh...Ch-Chun, calm down... you’re scaring me... I don’t even understand what are you talking about.” I stuttered purposely to add effect to my drama. His face expression soften and sat down.

 

“Sorry sis... I’m just shocked! It felt so real... I swear I heard you... but ok... I’ll let it pass. And come to think of it... I forgot you’re a human. Heh! Sorry.” He laughed awkwardly. I just nodded and finished my food.

 

I went upstairs and spend my time watching movies. Later, Yoochun knocked on my door.

 

“Come in.” I answered.

 

“Hey, I’m going to the pack house, want to tag along?” He asked me as his eyes roam around the room.

 

“Ahh no, thanks but I have to get ready within half an hour.” I answered and he nodded nonchalantly. I saw him staring at something in my side table.

 

“So, you’re still listening to that huh?” He gestured on to something using his head.

 

“You mean the music box? Ahh yeah, it actually helps me a lot and I’m really fond of it.”

 

“Well, good for you... I’m sure he will be glad to hear that you liked his gift. At least visit him once you know, you didn’t even say ‘hi’ to him when you went at the party last night.” Huh? What is he saying?

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?” I asked him, he just look at me and raised his eyebrow.

 

“Whatever.” He shook his head. “So, yeah! I’m going now. Good luck with the talk. Be strong okay? Everything happens for a reason, remember that, ok? Bye sis.” He hugged me while talking and just gave me a peck on the forehead. I smiled as I heard him said that.

 

“Ah wait!” I shouted as he stopped right in front of the door. “Ahmm do you know who is Mr. Snuggle?” I asked.

 

“Who?”

 

“Mr. Snuggle, you see... last night when I was crying, there’s a wolf who came and comforted me and since he can’t talk I called him Mr. Sn—“ He suddenly burst out laughing that I wasn’t able to finish my sentence.

 

“HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!” Yoochun laugh will holding his stomach and rolling on the floor.

 

“What’s so funny?” I asked irritated.

 

“HAHA!! Because he... hahah!!! You called him....haha!.... can’t believe.” He said through his laughing antics that I didn’t catch what he said. But unfortunately before I could ask, his phone rings.

 

He continued laughing as he get his phone and burst out more when he saw who the caller is. He stand up and looked at me.

 

“I have to get this call, see yah later sis... call me if something happen. Take care.” He said while trying not to laugh. What’s wrong with him? I thought. Oh dammit!

 

“Chun!!!” I called to him while running downstairs as I heard him close the front door. Damn! He didn’t answer my question. I was about to go back to my room. When I heard him answered the phone and laugh.

 

“Hey Mr. Snuggle.... Hahahah!” He said to the other line. WTF! He’s talking to Mr. Snuggle. Aish! Whatever, I’ll just ask him later.

 

I looked at the clock when I saw that it’s already past 5pm. I have to get ready. Tabi texted me that he will be here half past six in the evening. Oh boy... here goes nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*sigh* My last day with him. . . . .

 

 

 

==================================================================================================================

This is just a filler before the 'last day'

Sorry for the errors

If you have any questions feel free to ask me

Enjoy reading...

Please continue supporting my fic...

Subscribe and Comment

Thank you!!