Her Knight

I'll Protect You With All My Life

 

Dara’s POV:

 

Today is my first day of senior high school, and right now I’m on my third class which is Chemistry together with Chun, Chaerin, Yunho, Changmin and Jiyong if he is here. I’m looking at nowhere, trying to distract myself from my seat. Yeah I’m distracting myself to avoid looking at my seat.

 

Every now and then my classmates and friends will give me a quick glance, checking if I’m still alive. Why wouldn’t I be alive? It’s simple. Right now I am sitting on my mate’s lap. Yep! Jae’s lap. The teacher is just ignoring us since he is from the same pack as Jae and he clearly know not to mess with him.

 

Upon arriving to our third class he swiftly put me in his lap and holds my waist to keep me from running away.  And to add to my dilemma, he’s eyes right now is color yellow, meaning? His wolf wants to take control that’s why even I want to jump from his lap, I can’t he might suddenly shift. Werewolves are unpredictable. It was due to what happened earlier that’s why he’s acting like this, thank goodness Donghae is not in this class.

 

Before I could snatch my hand away from Donghae, Jae already stood up and pushed Donghae away from me. He didn’t expect that from the look on his face. He search for the culprit and saw my mate standing in front of me growling threateningly. He growled in response. He was about to counter attack when the bell rang, signalling the end of 2nd class.

 

Jae quickly turns around and made his way out of the room, with me on his shoulder. Yeah on his shoulder. That’s because before I could react he already lifted me up and put me into his shoulder. I look up from my position and saw our friends following us, this time it’s all of them except for JI. I assume that they met halfway.

 

And so, back to where am I sitting, I can feel his hands losing his grip on my waist. I don’t want to look at him right now, I’m still pissed at him with what he did earlier he went too far.

 

“Yah! Chun! Can you look at Jae if he’s already calm?” I asked using my telepathy. Yoochun is sitting in front of us right now with Yunho and Changmin on both side and CL on our back. All of them are in their alert mode, thinking that Jae might shift anytime while I’m still on his lap.

 

“Why don’t you check it yourself? You’re the one who’s near him.” He stated without taking a glance at me.

 

“I’m still mad at him.” I simply answered.

 

“It’s not his fault. You know how possessive werewolf is when it comes to their mate.”

 

“I don’t care. He should at least control his self.”

 

“Whatever. This conversation is going nowhere. Check him yourself.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Aish!!!!” I said to his head as I slam my hand into the desk in front of me, which earns a look from everyone in the class even the teacher. I glare at them in return, a very cold glare that I only use during the times I fight for my pack. I smelled fear in the air and they quickly look back in front.

 

I feel Jae’s hand pulling me closer to him and hug me tightly, my head in the crook of his neck and his hands on my waist and my back. I instantly feel the calmness inside me but I’m still mad at him. I was about to pull away, when he whispered.

 

“I’m sorry Angel...” He whispered. His voice full of pain, but what caught my attention is the nickname he called to me. Angel, that’s what he also called me when I asked his name before. It sounds too familiar like I’m really used to him calling me that.

 

`I didn’t respond, instead I untangled his arms around me and pulled away. I know he’s calm now, so I decided to sit on my own. I went to the seat next to him beside the window and plopped myself down. I didn’t even dare to take a look at his face because I know I will instantly regret my cold action towards him.

 

I look outside to avoid meeting his gaze. I can feel at the back of my head that he’s looking at me... only me, not even looking away. I stoop down when I felt my neck hurt because of tilting my head to look at the window for so long. Suddenly his face popped on my mind. I haven’t told him yet. I’m not sure if he’s already awake but who cares. So I called him telepathically.

 

“JIYONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV:

 

I stumbled out of my bed and ended up kissing the floor. I groaned in frustration when I know who interrupted my sleep. Aish! What’s her problem? I thought.

 

“What?!!” I answered back feeling irritated.

 

“Oh! Did I disturb you? Sorry Ji...” What can I do? Just hearing her voice makes me feel good.

 

“Ahh... no. Sorry about that. So why are you talking in my head right now?” I asked as I climb back to my bed.

 

“Ji... can you come to school? It’s just my first day but problems are filing up. I need you... I might end up going home crazy if this keeps on happening.” She said, her voice croaked as if she’s about to cry.

 

“What’s wrong? What do you mean by ‘if this keeps on happening’?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Jae... he-he keeps on getting out of control... if this continues, I might end up losing my control too...every time his wolf is getting out of control, I need to be near him to calm him down. Of course my wolf likes the feeling of being near him... but I have to distant myself... then in return my wolf’s going crazy whenever I pulled away from him...but I tried my best to calm her down inside me... if this keeps going I might end up exposing myself... I can’t Ji... not yet... I can’t get him involve in this mess.” Her voice full of emotions, sadness, worried, protectiveness and... Love?

 

“Ahhhmm... what? I don’t get it. Why would Jae get involve?” I asked.

 

“He’s mine Ji. My.... mate.” She said longingly.

 

Ahhh... So she found her mate. Never thought that it’ll be so fast. It hurts, my heart hurts a lot. For the third time, I felt my heart being crashed, for the third time. Yeah third time, first is when I found out that she’s going out with Top, next is when I confessed to her when we were on the trip and third is today. By hearing her she found her mate. I know I shouldn’t feel this after I got rejected but what can I do? I love her so much like how she loved Top before. This pain is killing me. I just love her... so much.

 

 

+++Flashback+++

 

It’s been three weeks since we left the town. And it’s almost 3 days since she told me everything about her. I still can’t believe that all this time... the well-known She-wolf from the legendary pack is with us. For sure everyone will be surprise to find out that she survived during the attack.

 

Right now we are in the small island not far from Jeju. We are staying with our new found friends. They are all humans born from werewolves. They are consists of 11 grown up guys. They all recently turn 17. Dara doesn’t know why she felt safe with them. She thinks that we can trust them that’s why she agreed to stay here when they offer us some shelter.

 

I saw Dara sitting on the ground near the bon fire. She’s staring at the fire like it’s the most amazing thing in the world. I sat near her and I know she’s aware of my presence. I put my arm on her shoulder and pull her close to me.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked her.

 

“Nothing, just thinking.” She answered simply.

 

“It’s him.” I said.

 

“Huh?” She asked curiously.

 

“You’re thinking about him.” I answered.

 

“Ahh... n-no. I’m not.”

 

“You do Dara. It’s really obvious.”

 

“Really? Am I that readable? Well... it’s just everything happens too fast. I know that he will find his mate someday but I never thought that it’ll be a day after his birthday. To be honest I’m not yet ready to let go... but I promise him...so I have to... even though it hurts...” She trailed off as tears started to roll on her face.

 

“You just did the right thing Dara... but you have to move on now... there’s no hope for both of you. Just forget him. There might be someone around who’s willing to give you much love and happiness more than he gave you...”

 

“No... There’s no one... I can’t risk loving someone again...”

 

“You can’t say that baby girl... just look around. There’s someone for you. Waiting all this time.” I said. She shook her head.

 

“No... I’m tired Ji... I’ll just wait for my mate to come. He might help me to take the pain away.” She said. I know that I’m not her mate. Yesterday was her real birthday and there’s no sign of me being her mate.

 

“How about me?” I blurted out of nowhere.

 

“Huh?”

 

“What about me? Will you let me help you take your pain away?” I asked. I saw how her eyebrow raised in confusion.

 

“Ji, I’m really grateful that you’re always by my side but I think it’s only my mate who can help me. I can say that I’ve slightly move on though not completely. Top will always be part of who I am now. So when we go back, I have to be strong to face both of them...”

 

“No Dara... what I’m saying is I want to help you move on. Give me a chance to help you... I-I want to be with you baby girl...all this time.” I said. I think that this time she got what I mean. Shocked was shown to her face, she put a space between us and look at me. She opened like she wanted to say something but nothing came, she closed and opened it again but this time I closed it with my lips.

 

I crashed my lips to hers without hesitation. I pour all my emotions on this once in a lifetime kiss with her. She was so shocked with my action that she didn’t respond to my kiss. I move my lips against her but she’s not responding... I felt my heart broke into pieces...

 

I knew... I knew that she never saw me as a lover. Only as a best friend. And because of what I did I think I also lost that friendship. My lips are still against hers, I felt something on my face. I hesitantly pulled back. I rest my forehead on hers and look at her. Her eyes were close but no sign of crying...that’s when I realized... Ahh...it’s me... it’s my tears....I’m crying.

 

“Dara look at me.” She shook her head.

 

“N-no.” She stuttered. I saw how tears escape from her eyes.

 

“Please...p-please..” I begged. She slowly opens her eyes and pain flashed on her eyes as she saw me.

 

“I love you...” I trailed... She shook her head.

 

“Y-you can’t.” She answered. Tears continued to roll down on her beautiful face.

 

“I’ve always been in love with you, ever since before, my eyes only see you! My heart only aches for you! But you never look at me! What do I need to do for you to love me?! Please tell me. I begged you....” I almost shouted. Trying to push my feelings to her.

 

“But J-Ji... I never saw you that way.... I-I can’t return your feelings Ji... I’m sorry.... I’m very sorry Ji...” She closed her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry... I shouldn’t say that... forget about it.” I said. I pulled away and put a distant between us. “Can we forget about it? She shook her head.

 

“We can’t change what happened Ji... You know we can’t.” She said.

 

“But I want to stay as friends...”

 

“We still can be friends Ji..we can.. but I doubt that it will still be the same...” She said sadly.

 

I look at her... I know she feel guilty and sorry for me. If I didn’t have this feeling for her... she won’t feel bad for me... everything will stay the same... I will be her Ji for as long as she needs me. Starting today... I will be someone who she can lean on whatever happens. I will forget this feeling and stay by her side as her knight...even her prince will come to get her someday... I’ll be her faithful knight... forever by her side.

 

“Dara... Can you do me a favour?” I asked her. She’s not looking at me... I know I made her feels uncomfortable...Her eyes glued on the ground.

 

“It depends.” Her simple answer.

 

“I know you have the gift to erase or lock the memories and feelings of a person...” I murmured. This is a hard decision for me but I want her back... maybe not as a lover... but I’m happy just to be her ‘Ji’.

 

“Yeah...”

 

“Can you lock my memories and erase the feelings I have for you?” She immediately looked at me horrified with my decision...

 

“Why???” She asked. “Do you want me out of your life Ji? I know it’s selfish for me to ask this but you’re the first person I’ve told who am I... I need you JI... I want my best friend back though I don’t know if we can’t act like nothing happened...”

 

I smiled at her. “I will always be your best friend Dara... but let’s face it... with my feelings for you... I know everything will change from here... so I want you to do that for me...please...” I pleaded.

 

She didn’t talk for a while and think of what I said carefully.

 

“Are you sure about this Ji.... I can’t restore everything that has been erased but I can unlock what has been locked. Though there’s a possibility that the erased feelings will restore once triggered.” She said.

 

“I am baby girl.” I smiled at her and she look at me sadly.

 

“But Ji... You won’t remember me when I locked your memories... How can we still be friends?” She asked almost crying.

 

“No... I’m not asking you to locked all my memories of you... only those memories that I have treasured dreaming you are my lover. Can you do that for me? Can you pick those memories were I fall for you then locked it in my head and let those memories of friendship stays on my head?” She nodded. “And lastly, can you erase my feelings? The unrequited love that I have for you. Can you erase my love for you as a woman and let my love of you as a friend stay?” She nodded again and cried.

 

“Thank you...” I whispered as I engulfed her with a big hug. Savouring these feelings that I let out in one day and will be gone on the same day. I felt her arms around me as she hugged me back.

 

I pulled away from the hug and cupped her face with my hands.”Do it now.” I told her as I look at her in the eyes. She nodded at me.

 

“Thank you for loving me.” She said. I felt my eyes released the tears that I been holding back for few minutes.

 

“I love you.” I told her as I crashed my lips against her for the last time before I lost the strength of my body.

 

“I’m sorry Ji... I’m sorry... I love you...but not the same way you love me... I’m sorry....” I felt her tears on my face as I fall on her lap. My eyes are close but I can still hear everything.

 

“I didn’t tell you but there’s a weakness in my gift. I can lock the selected memories you’ve asked me and erase your love for me... but if ever you fall in love to me again Ji.... those feeling will trigger the memories I’ve locked and you will remember everything and your feelings will be back like I didn’t erase it.” She murmured before I fall to nothingness.

 

I woke up the next day like nothing happen. Dara and I became closer than before. But falling for her is not difficult. The day before we went home.... I realized that I love her... All the memories I’m keeping were unlocked and my love for her went back just like nothing happen.

 

I remember everything even the day I got rejected until I asked her to lock my memories and erase my feelings. I didn’t tell her anything. I don’t want to see her face that shows guilt, sadness and pain. I promise to myself that day that I will be always by her side even until her prince came. Even though seeing her with someone will hurt and kill me... its okay... because I promise to myself that I will be her loyal knight...forever... Even she pushed me away.

 

 

+++End of flashback+++

 

 

Ahh... so she found her prince? I’m glad it’s Jaejoong. He’s a great guy. I’m happy for her though I know right know she’s having a hard time... I guess it’s time for me to go to school. I’ll attend for half day. Like a knight in shining armour, I’ll be there when she needs me.

 

“Ji!!!!!!!!!! Don’t sleep!!!!!” She shouted in my head again making me snapped from my little reminiscing.

 

“I’m not sleeping pabo!! Alright! I’ll be there during lunch time. Don’t do anything stupid.” I replied jokingly.

 

“Yah!!! I’ve never done something stupid!!! I hate you!!!” She said. And I know that she already blocked her gift. Because whenever she talks telepathically... there’s a feeling of lightness in my head. But since it’s gone for sure she already blocked it.

 

 

 

 

 

“But I love you.” I murmured to myself like a fool.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for the late update....

Subscribe and Comment....

Enjoy Reading...

And Thank you for all the comments....

I'm not sure if you actually like it...

I just want to write what happen to both of them during their trip...

Sorry for all the Applers... Hope you will continue to support my fic....

Thank You!