Sleepless Night

I'll Protect You With All My Life

 

Dara’s POV:

 

I entered the cabin absent-mindedly thinking about the words that came out from Yunho’s mouth that I think I was not supposed to hear. The way he said it... it’s like he lov-! No! No! Dara! Stop thinking something like that about your friend. I told to myself.

 

That night we have some movie marathon and some story telling. We drink a bit for welcoming me... so little that no one even got drunk. We stayed like that for almost 4 hours. We all decided to end it when Minzy fall asleep on Changmin’s lap while watching the second movie.

 

I walk to my room leaving the boys behind, telling the girls that they’ll clean the place first. I saw Jae look at me as I leave them. I gave him a small smile and he immediately return it though he look at me worriedly. I know what he’s thinking. How to sleep.

 

I climb to my bed and relax my whole body. I wait until sleepiness will come. I toss around and around. I’m still waiting for sleepiness but it didn’t come. I look at my phone to check what time is it. It’s almost midnight... *sigh* it’s been 3 hours since I lay down on my bed.

 

I hate this... I can’t sleep. If it continues like this, I might get weaker and weaker. Arghhh!!! I frustratingly jump off my bed and went to the kitchen to get some warm milk, I heard that it helps you to have a good sleep.

 

I get out of my room and saw the dark path to the kitchen. Why do they have to turn off all the lights? It’s good that I’m a werewolf or else I won’t be able to see anything in this darkness. I walk slowly trying to look for the light switch.

 

When I arrived at the kitchen, I felt the switch on my hand. Without hesitation, I immediately turn it on. I was so shocked to see a tall figure sitting on the stool. I was about to scream when I realized it who is it.

 

“OMG! I thought I’m gonna die from heart attack!” I told him. I heard him chuckle and shook his head.

 

“Yah! Why are you sitting there in the dark?  You scared the hell out of me!” I scolded.

 

“You should have seen your face when you saw me. I’m just a bit thirsty, so I look for something in the fridge. And I got his one... want some?” TOP offered a coke from the fridge as he drinks his own. I shook my head.

 

“Nah.. I’m looking for some milk. You know, so that I can sleep fast.” I replied.

 

“Having a hard time sleeping?”

 

“Yeah.” I nodded getting a glass of milk.

 

“Jae’s the same... he was there in the living room a moment ago, watching some movies. He said he can’t sleep.”

 

“Ahh...really?” I answered nonchalantly.

 

“Hey, do you mind if I ask you something?” He asked as I sit next to him looking serious.

 

“You’re already asking. What is it?” I said before taking a sip of milk.

 

“Are you really Jae’s mate?” I choked on my milk and look at him.

 

“I’m a human you know, as if that’s possible. Why do you ask?” I asked feeling a bit nervous.

 

“You see, any mated couple who sees how both of you act and look at each other can tell that you are mates. Though I know that you are a human... but the sign of being mates can be clearly seen on both of you.” I sighed.

 

“Right now, both of you were having a hard time sleeping. And you know what? Only mated couple that was away from each other will experience something like that.” He continued.

 

“So, what are you implying?” I asked him curiously.

 

“I think that what Jae said is true. He’s not the type of person who will lie in front of many people. Though it’s still kind of mysterious how the two of you are mates but still, you should not fight the ‘pull’ you feel towards each other. It will only make you both weak.” He finished.

 

“I don’t know what to say.” I told him honestly.

 

“It’s ok. Come on. I have a gift for you.” He said as I finished drinking my milk.

 

I follow him as he walk on the opposite hallway where my room was. I smelled my friends’ scent through the hallway and I can hear them snore lightly. I chuckled to myself imagining the way they sleep. As we near the last room, my mate’s scent instantly hit me.

 

“Yah! TOP! What the heck are planning?! Yah! Yah!” I whispered yell at him and tug the hem of his shirt trying to stop him from going to the last door.

 

“Don’t be stubborn. It’s for both of you.” He stated as we arrived in front of my mate’s room.

 

He was about to knock when the door suddenly flung open revealing a curious Jaejoong looking at me and Top. His eyebrows were furrowed and his face was mirrored with curiosity. He must have smell my scent.

 

“Yoochun!!!!!!!!” TOP shouted out of nowhere. I heard footsteps behind Jae and saw my twin looking groggily.

 

“What’s with the yelling?” He asked.

 

“Come here.” TOP said as he pulled Yoochun from the room. “I have a gift for you.” He told Jae as I look at him curiously and he just smirked at me before pushing me inside the room.

 

“Ouch!!!” I shouted as my forehead hits Jae’s chin when I was shoved forward.

 

“Chun will be sleeping in your room. Have a nice rest. Goodnight!” He said smiling. “Oh and by the way, don’t do anything that I won’t do.” He finished, giving me a wink.

 

“TOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPhmf!” I shouted but was cut off by Jae’s hand on my mouth.

 

“Angel, everyone was already sleeping. You don’t want to wake them up are you?” He lectured me like he’s talking to a child.

 

“Fine.” I pouted. I entered the room and I heard him close the door and lock it.

 

I stop in the middle of the room and look around. This is really big. This might be the privilege of being the future Alpha. I realize that it’s only the two of us here in the room. Uh-oh, I don’t know what to do. As if sensing my uneasiness, Jae walks beside me and grab my hand.

 

He led me to the large bed near the window. He gestured for me to lay on the bed. I follow what he wanted and saw him stripping.

 

“W-wait! What are you doing?!” I asked.

 

“Stripping, I can’t sleep in jeans and shirt.” He said in a ‘duh’ tone. He looks at me for a moment then a playful smile form into his face. Uh-oh, this is not good. He slowly makes a step forward going to my side, still smiling like an idiot. He already took off his shirt.

 

He’s porcelain skin was exposed right in front of me. Damn! He’s so hot! His body is well toned. OMG! How I like to feel those six packs in my hands. I heard him smirk knowing I’m checking him out. Oh-oh... Mr. Cocky Jae alert.

 

“Take a picture it will last long.” He said still smiling and walking to my side.

 

“Whatever. What are you doing?! Don’t come near me!!!!Kyahhh~!” I shouted as I jumped off the bed but he caught my waist. He plopped on the bed still holding me. So yeah, we were now in an awkward position. Both lying on the bed with me on top of him, face to face.

 

“Gotcha!” He said as he leaned his face to mine, looking at my lips.

 

“Ah...Ahmm.. ye—“ I answered nervously but was cut off by his lips.

 

As if I know what he was about to do, I immediately kissed him back. His kiss me gently. Our lips move in synchronize and slowly as if we were savouring each moment. I felt him nibble my lower lip asking for an entrance. I abruptly grant his request.

 

His tongue explored my mouth as I did the same. I didn’t even battle for dominance. I let him lead as we massage each other’s tongue. His taste was so intoxicating that I know I won’t get enough of it.

 

We continue kissing each other in the same position. His hands travel from my waist to my back. His hands went inside my tank top as it touches my skin. I felt the sparks on my back making me moan on his mouth.

 

I felt him smile on my lips as his hands travel freely on my body. As if my hands had a life on his own, it moves to where it wanted to go. My hands snake to his neck pulling him closer to me as I deepened the kiss. One of my hand make it’s may to his hair and I pulled it slightly making him moan at the back of his throat, making me smile this time.

 

Soon, he pulled away. My forehead resting on his and both of us were out of breath. We stayed like that just looking at each other with smile on our faces. He gave a quick peck on my lips and rearranges me on his side.

 

“As long as I want to continue, we have to stop. We need to sleep. Both of us know that we lack sleep so much and we have to wake up early tomorrow.” He stated as he gets up and strips, leaving only his boxers on.

 

“Yeah, why does everyone here wake up early?” I complained closing my eyes.  I felt the bed dip on my side, knowing he climb back on the bed.  His hands automatically grab my waist and pull me close to him. My head resting on his chest with his hands enveloping me with his warmth and our legs tangled with each other.

 

“It should be why do you hate waking up early.” He said as he kisses the top of my head. “Come on, let’s sleep. It’s already one in the morning.” He embraced me tightly as I placed my hand on his stomach.

 

“Alright. Goodnight Jae.” I said to him closing my eyes.

 

“Goodnight Angel, I love you... a lot.” I heard him say as I doze off with a smile on my face.

 

Next morning, Jae woke me up at around eight in the morning. He ended up having a scratch on his chin courtesy of my fingernails as he tried to wake me up for the fourth time. We entered the dining room with everyone eating their breakfast.

 

All their heads turn to us when we showed up together. I raised one eyebrow asking what’s wrong. They just look both of us back and forth then shook their heads. We look at each other with the same curious expression as I heard Ji talk in my mind.

 

‘So... never thought you’re wild in bed, huh?’ My eyes widened from what he said.

 

‘What?!!!’ I asked him.

 

‘Haha! You look so funny.’ He teased. ‘Jae’s scent is all over you, you know? You even mark his chin with your nails.’ He continued in my heads wiggling an eyebrow on me.

 

‘We didn’t do anything!!!!!’ I shouted in his head unknowingly using an Alpha tone full of power making him drop his fork and hold his head in pain as he fall on the ground.

 

“Arghhh!!” He screams loud. I froze for a moment after realizing what I’ve done to my best friend. My best friend who I rejected the love he has for me and continue loving me in secret even after I locked some of his memories and erase his feelings. I’ve never told him that I can read other’s thought, he only knew that I can erase and lock feelings and memories. There are some things I haven’t told him, though he knows a lot about me than anyone. But he didn’t realize that I knew that he’s in love with me again.

 

Everyone scattered around him looking very worried. OMG what I have done?? I know he was just teasing me... why do I have to react that way. I walk to where he is and kneeled beside him. He’s still holding his head from the pain until he shouted one last painful scream as he lost consciousness.

 

"I’m sorry." I murmured as everyone watches me curiously while fearing for Ji’s condition. I brought one of my hands to his head and take the pain that he feels on his head. Immediately, a super painful headache was transferred to me. I felt my body getting numb from the pain I caused him as I saw him open his eyes.

 

'I’m fine, sorry for teasing.' He said softly in my head as I saw him with a small smile looking at me. And that’s what I last see before surrendering to the pain. I feel the sparks flowed into my body as my mate’s hand catch me before my head meets the ground.

 

I found myself waking up in my room with Yoochun, Jae and Ji on my side, looking at me. Jae was on my right side sitting while holding my hand. Yoochun and Ji sitting on my left with a grim expression on each face.

 

 “Hi.” I croaked. My throat felt dry. I instantly gain their attention.

 

‘Can I have some water Chun?’ I pass my thought to my twin. He nodded and went down.

 

“Are you okay? Tell me Angel... Do you feel any pain? Where? Tell me...” He asked me repeatedly as he hovered above me with a very worried expression. I search for his eyes and give him my best smile. I saw him hold his breath upon seeing my smile. I want to laugh at his shock expression. He has the same expression like our friends when I gave them my genuine smile the other day.

 

“I’m fine, really.” He nodded as he caress my cheeks and tuck the stray hair spread on my face, behind my ears.

 

“Don’t make me worried like that. You suddenly kneeled beside Jiyong, and then murmured ‘I’m sorry’. The next thing I saw is you... falling on the ground. I don’t have any idea what’s happening. I don’t know what to do. Jiyong called the pack doctor but he didn’t find anything wrong with you. I don’t have any idea what’s happening Angel.” He said softly as his hands trembled. I hold his hands making him feel that I’m fine.

 

“I’m sorry... I’m sorry. I promise that next time you saw something different or unexpected on me... I will tell you the things you have to know.” I reassured him. I saw Chun entered the room with a glass of water.

 

Jae sits on the side of my bed as he helps me sit up. I reach for the glass and drink all the water. Jae grabbed the now empty glass and put it on the side table. He positioned his self on my side, with me almost sitting on his lap with my head on his chest and his hand on my waist.

 

“I’m sorry Ji. I didn’t mean to...I don’t know wha—“ I told Ji sincerely as he raised his hand for me to stop. Yoochun sits beside him looking at the two of us, figuring what we are talking.

 

“It’s my fault. I’m the one who pushed you to do that. It’s just that... I thought I will tease you a little seeing you with your mate going out from the same room. Don’t worry about it, ok? I know you didn’t mean it and besides you took the pain right away though I think from what happen, you transfer it to yourself. I’m sorry.” I smiled at him and shook my head.

 

Chun looks at us back and forth and I know without looking that Jae is also curious.

 

“What are you talking about?” Chun asked with knitted eyebrow.

 

“Soon.... you will know.” I answered.

 

“Does it mean that Jiyong knows the things that you’re keeping from me or should I say from us?!” He boomed. With the tone of his voice, you can clearly say that he’s quite angry? Or jealous?

 

“Not all... maybe some... don’t get mad...please... my head still hurts a bit... I don’t want to fight.” I pleaded. He kissed my temple as he relaxes.

 

“I’m sorry.” He said. I nodded as he sighed. Ji was looking at the ground and Chun shook his head.

 

“I thought I know everything. I guess I have to get ready again when you dropped the secret.” Ji said in my head.

 

“Yeah, sorry.” I simply answer.

 

An hour after that, Chun went down to cook some foods for both of us since our parents are out. Jae and Ji also decided to go home but Jae promise me that he will sneak into my room later so that I can took a rest and sleep properly during the night.

 

Later the night, Chun and I ate some bake mac and cheese. He tried to take some information from me but he failed. I went to my room right after the dinner. Chun told me that I should take some more rest. I lie down on my bed and look at the ceiling wandering what time my mate will come. My phone rings and I answered immediately without looking who’s the caller.

 

“Hello?” I asked.

 

“Dee?”

 

“Oh, Bommie. Hi!”

 

“Don’t you Hi-Hi! me young lady! What was that earlier? Are you sick?” My other best friend shouted over the phone. I just smiled to myself, thankful that I have wonderful friends.

 

“I’m fine... don’t worry ok? My head just suddenly hurts....” I said softly. She remained silent for a moment.

 

“Dee... I know that there’s something wrong. It’s not only today but we noticed something on you... like some characteristics that a human should not have ever since you became a part of the circle. We just keep our mouth shut because we all know that you have your reasons for hiding it.” She said.

 

“But Dee... we’re just waiting for you to tell us the things that you’re keeping. No matter what it is... remember... we will stay as your friends. Alright?” She continued.

 

“Thank you Bommie... soon, you’ll know it... I promise. I’m sorry I can’t tell it to you guys yet.”

 

“It’s okay, I understand. TOP told me what did you guys talk about, is it true?”

 

“Yeah, he’s my mate Bommie.” Another silence was inserted again.

 

“I kind of see that. The way both of you act and look at each other. But earlier when you lost consciousness, he held you on his arm. We tried to pull you away from him so that we can bring you to the hospital but he growled at us menacingly and even uses his Alpha voice. It’s like he will kill us first before we get you.”

 

“Thank goodness Ji explained that you are fine and make him calm a bit. During the whole ride home he just held you. He won’t even leave your side. He said that you have to wake up before he leaves you. Seeing that, there’s no doubt that both of you were mates though it’s kinda confusing but I got a feeling that what you’re hiding is related to this. So, Dee... don’t make us wait too long. Ok? ”

 

“Yeah... Thank you.” Bom may always like to act like an idiot but when she’s serious... you won’t hear any hint of playfulness or stupidity on her voice.

 

“Alright... I think you have to go to sleep now, though it will be better if your mate is beside you, but sometimes anything that he owned like a shirt or something that has his scent can also help you to sleep even without him. But I’m not sure if it will work on your case, but werewolves could be fine as long as they can smell their mates. Well, it’s just an advice...try it sometimes... And for sure sooner or later you will have to move in to his place like I am now in TOP’s house. Goodnight Dee. Take care! I love you.” She said.

 

“Bye Bommie. Thank you. I love you too.” I replied.

 

“And oh! They said that you should check your phone... the whole gang were texting you... you should at least reply you know? They’re also worried. Ok? Bye!” She quickly said before totally hangs up.

 

I checked my cell phone to find 48 text messages and 22 missed calls from my friends. I started reading and sending replies from their messages. I was too engrossed on what I’m doing that I didn’t notice my mate standing beside my bed.

 

“Busy much?” He suddenly spoke making me jump off the bed falling on the floor.

 

“Arghh!! Don’t scare me like that!” I yelled at him from the floor. My whole body was sprawled on my carpeted room. I heard him going to where I am.

 

“You look cute slumping like that... I can easily take you on there.” He teased me standing on my side, wearing nothing except his boxers. I guess he run on his wolf form from his house.

 

“ert!” I muttered under my breath rolling my eyes. I heard him chuckle as he scoop me from the ground.

 

“If I know, you also want me...badly.” He whispered in my ears as he laid me on the bed. Instantly, I know I’m blushing.

 

“Yahhh!!!!!!! Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted. Thank goodness my room is sound proof or else Chun will already be hot on his heels. I heard him chuckle as he lay next to me.

 

“I’m just kidding. I just love to see the blush on your cheeks.” He said as he pulled me close to him kissing my cheeks.

 

“Alright, it’s time for the princess to sleep. Goodnight babe.” He said and kissed me shortly. He put his hands on my stomach with my back facing his chest as he snuggle his face on my neck.

 

“Goodnight Jae.”

 

“I love you.” He whispered.

 

“Ahh..y-yeah.” I stuttered don’t know what to reply but he just laugh at me. Soon we both fall asleep.

 

Next morning came and it’s already Yoochun’s birthday and my fake birthday. Both of us don’t want any grand celebration. Instead, we just stayed in the house and have some overnight movie marathon and unlimited drinks with our friends. Our parents just stayed on their room the whole time. We enjoyed the whole night as they gave us their presents.

 

Chun received a lot of new CD’s, gadgets and a lot of male stuff. While me on the other hand got a lot of dresses and accessories. And of course my mate gave me something. He said that he doesn’t have enough time to buy since he’s too busy. We went to my room for a moment.

 

He pulled out a pouch from his pocket. I took it willingly and look what’s inside. I saw a small vanilla ice cream charm from the pouch. He took it from my hand and clips it on the bracelet he gave me. I look at my bracelet and saw two charms dangling, the small black wolf and now the small vanilla ice cream.

 

“I’m sorry that I only got you these.” He murmured looking at my hand. “I remember that you always love vanilla ice cream so I decided to just add it to your bracelet.”He continued. “I want to add all the things that you like here in this bracelet so that you will always remember it, anytime and anywhere.” He finished as he kissed the back of my hand.

 

“Thank you Jae... I really appreciate it.” I said while playing the necklace my mom gave me. I remember her saying I will find a great mate like dad. Mom, I already found him... and you’re definitely correct. I’m thankful that he is my mate and scared at the same time. I thought to myself.

 

“No problem Angel. By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you this. Ahmm you always wear that necklace, what’s the meaning of it?” I suddenly froze from his question. I look at the crook of his neck and saw the faint crescent moon sign on it looking identical to my necklace. I think he haven’t notice it yet.

 

“Ahmm... it’s from my real mom... I don’t know what’s the meaning of this is. She just gave it to me.” I said looking away. I heard him sighed.

 

“You don’t have to lie... You should have told me that you can’t say it.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. Come on let’s go back to our friends. And by the way, Happy Birthday Angel.” He said as he planted a kiss on my forehead. I just smiled in return feeling guilty that I have to lie to them even about my birthday.

 

We went downstairs just to saw something we’ve never expect of. There, in the kitchen... Chaerin and my twin kissing. I stopped immediately after seeing them and Jae bump into me but hold my waist to stop me from stumbling.

 

“Whoa!!” I said loudly. Both of them snapped from kissing. They both saw us and blush quickly form on their cheeks. Yoochun was scratching his nape looking away and Chaerin looking on the floor.

 

“Ahmm... yeah sorry to disturb. You can continue.” I said awkwardly as Jae laughed at my words. They never asked what’s between Jae and me, so I think I don’t have the rights to pry on them. We were about to walk away from the kitchen when Chun called me.

 

“Ahmm Dara... she’s my mate.” He said as he holds her hand, smiling at her. I’m just happy that he found his mate and happier that it was CL. Who would have thought that all this time, the mate that they are looking for are always near them, just like TOP and Bom.

 

“Congrats!” I said as I run into them giving them  hugs and kisses. Jae did the same minus the kiss.

 

All of us went to the living room as the new mated couple announce it to the whole gang. I saw Jae looking at them with a bit of envy and sadness on his face. I tried not to cry seeing my mate with that face. I know how much he wanted to share to everyone that he also found his mate as much as I like to, but soon... and I promise I won’t let him show that face again. I’m sorry, I thought to myself.

 

Days passed and the rumours about Chun and CL spread like fire. All the people in town knew about them. Chaerin move in after two days. Our parents were too happy for Chun. As for Jae and I, we both decided on our sleeping arrangement. During weekdays, he will stay in my room and for weekends I’ll sleep on the pack house.

 

School is the same as ever, Jae and I always arguing about this and that especially when some guys will come near me. He even threatened those 11 idiots but to his dismay, it has no effect on them. It’s like they doesn’t care.

 

I’ve already met Jae’s parent. Alpha Kim, who ask me to call him Uncle Joong Kook but I told him I’ll call him Uncle Sparta, thankfully he like it. Then his mom Aunt Hyori and lastly his younger sister, IU who’s always away because she’s studying in the city. He also introduce me to a three year old human girl that he found when he was patrolling her name is Dayoung.

 

Our family already knew about our mating even CL since she is Chun’s mate and technically will be his wife in the future. Well, we have to tell it to them because of the sleeping problems. At first they can’t believe what we said but as they watch us, they finally realize that it’s true though just like what everyone thinks... it’s kinda impossible.

 

Our days and nights pass like a blink of an eye. It’s almost a month since I came back and found out about Jae being my mate. Rouges started to make a move. I’ve heard that they’re kidnapping the Alpha’s mate to make the Alpha surrender his territory since mate is the very important thing for a werewolf.

 

Thus, one day after waking up from Jae’s room... I went down to eat breakfast and found the whole Alpha family discussing something about the rouges. Jae is the first one to notice me and gestured to sit next to him. I started eating breakfast that Aunt Hyori gave me when he suddenly blurted out making me choke on my food.

 

 

 

 

 

“You’ll be moving here starting today.”

 

 

========================================================================================================================

NEXT CHAPTER

JEALOUSY AND THE FAINT MARK OF MATING

=========================================================================================================================

 

Did you guys like it?

It's actually the longest chapter that I've written.

Hope you enjoyed it.

I'm so excited for the next chapter.

Kyahh!!!!

Subscribe and Comment

Thank you!!!