The Day I'm Afraid Of

I'll Protect You With All My Life

 

Dara’s POV

 

I rise up from my bed gloomily. Why does it have to be today that I have to dream of my past? Damn. I hope my mind will clear after I take a quick shower.

 

I went directly in my bathroom and took a quick warm shower hoping I could forget my dreadful dream even just for today.

 

“Just for today, please stay at the back of my mind.” I pleaded to my brain while I’m showering as if I’ve gone insane. Today, I want everything to be okay. I want to be happy, to be with him. Coz’ who knows this might be my last day with him, with my Tabi.

 

Ahhh, Today is the day I’m afraid of. Wondering why I’m talking like Tabi will disappear? It’s simple, because today Tabi turns 18, meaning today is the start of the possibility that he will find his mate, his other half. And it will only lead him to one decision, and that is to leave me.

 

I finished my quick shower and went to my closet. I quickly wear a black sweat pants and a tank top. I wear anything I wanted, I can be girly-girly, rocker chick, tomboy or whatever I wanted, depends on my mood. And right now I’m not in the mood to dress up so I decided to wear this simple outfit.

 

I look at myself in a full body mirror and tied up my hair in a messy bun while looking at my outfit. “Ahh, whatever, Tabi doesn’t mind whatever I wear.” I finished studying myself in the mirror when I notice my necklace.

 

“It’s almost four years now mom. Sooner, it will be my 18th birthday, do you think I deserve to have a mate? But I wanted Tabi to be my mate mom, I was thinking what will I do if once I go down and look Tabi in his eyes and he found out I’m his mate. Am I going to tell him who am I? Will he accept me for who am I? Haaayyy... I don’t know what to think mom, first I’m afraid he will find his mate and leave me, now, I’m thinking of the possibilities that I am his mate but still afraid that he will leave me.” I sighed, holding my necklace. “Mom few years have passed but I still can’t think properly, is it because of the ‘stupidity’?” I shrugged and went downstairs.

 

Upon opening the door, I can smell Tabi’s scent, so manly. I smiled on that thought. As I reached the last step of the floor, I saw him standing beside the window.

 

“Tabi!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted while running towards him. I jumped on him, and with his werewolf reflexes, he caught me by the time I’m in front of him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he enveloped me in his arms. I give him a quick peck on the lips and embraced him tightly with my arms on his neck.

 

“Oh my, Good morning to you baby, what an energetic way to greet your boyfriend.” He chuckled as he put me down. Yeah, Tabi is my boyfriend for almost two years. His real name is Choi Seunghyun but everyone calls him TOP but I call him Tabi. He said I’m the only one who is allowed to call him that.

 

“Keke!! Good morning to you too!!! Oh!! Happy Birthday babe!!!” I said smiling I leaned to his lips before he even say a word.

 

His lips were soft against mine. I felt it came contact with mine. He kissed me softly, his mouth fits mine. I put my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers in his soft hair. He pulled back, but didn’t remove his hands from my waist.

 

He pushed me in the wall beside the door, near the window. He quickly crashed his lips to mine. This time it was more fierce, not soft like the first time. I kissed him back as much force. He bit my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I decided to a little and not let him in.

 

We heard something crashed in the kitchen so I pulled back, I saw Tabi’s eyes were golden yellow and full of lust. His wolf wanted to take control but his fighting it, I can clearly see it. I can’t help but gulped as I looked into his eyes. He quickly put a space between us, thinking I might be afraid. Let me just inform you that I am not reading his mind. I don’t read other people’s thought as if it is my habit, in fact, I rarely used it. I only use my gift if it is needed or in case of emergency, but in my everyday life, I don’t. I just know Tabi very much that it feels like we’ve known each other since birth.

 

And with that kiss, it’s confirmed. I’m not his mate. There’s no spark when we kissed, there’s no connection, no bond, no pull.

 

And of course he expected it, since all of them knew that I am a human. Werewolf cannot be imprinted with a human. All my hope was gone in a blinked. I sighed inwardly.

 

Back to reality, here I am standing in front of now Tabi, trying to control his lust.

 

“Tabi look at me. Calm down okay. You can do it, calm down.” I said while trying to calm his wolf down. I don’t want to see him going wolf in our house. You see, our wolf can be triggered when we are overwhelmed by our emotion like right now, Tabi was feeling so that his wolf is trying to control him.

 

“I. CAN’T. CONTROL. HIM.” He said through gritted teeth.

 

“No, you can do it. Close your eyes. Take a deep breath.” I grabbed his face as I caressed his cheeks. He followed what I said. After a few seconds he said.

 

“I’m okay.” He opened his eyes and smiled at me. He put his hands around my waist and led me to the kitchen. But wrong move, as we turn around I can see Yoochun glaring at Tabi’s arm around my waist.

 

“Get.off.your.hands.on.my.sister’s.waist.” This time it’s Chunnie who spoke with gritted teeth trying to calm down. Damn what’s with the wolf and their emotion management. I quickly move away from Tabi as he quickly put his arm on his side.

 

“Chun—“I spoke but completely cut off as I saw Tabi pin on the wall few feet on the ground with Yoochun’s hand on his neck.

 

“Yoochun!!!!!!!!!” I screamed as I saw my boyfriend struggling.

 

“Shut up Dara! Go to your room, NOW!”  He shouted angrily.

 

“But Chunnie—“

 

“NOW!”

 

I stumble going upstairs. I’m fully aware why Chunnie is acting like that even though it’s Tabi’s birthday. Both were actually friends together with the future Alpha of this pack. Chunnie is very protective, it’s not that he doesn’t like Tabi for me but he knows that I will just get hurt, so since the beginning, he’s already oppose with us being together. Well, he thinks I am a human, though everyone in this pack knew I am a human so Chunnie thinks that sooner or later Tabi will left me so it’s better to end the relationship earlier. He even set me up in couple of blind dates with humans just to make me leave Tabi, but I can’t. I Love him. A lot.

 

Tabi is the one who actually helps me to bring back my old self though Yoochun, mom and dad is also a part of it. Before, when Yoochun’s parents saw me, which is my new mom and dad, they said that I was like a zombie, I didn’t show any response or emotion. It’s like I’m alive but not. I remember those days, it’s like I’m broken beyond repair.

 

When Tabi saw me during those days when he visited Chunnie, he said that he can’t help but wonder what wrong with me? What happened to me? Why am I like this? Like those question kept popping on his head. Until one day, he can’t contain his self anymore so he decided to talk to me. But I didn’t reply.

 

Every day he will visit me bring me some gifts, he will talk and talk to me even he knows he won’t even get a response. He will share what happened to his day, what his teacher told him, who’s crushing on him, something like that...but it he never fail to say ‘I want to be the one who will put a smile on that beautiful face of yours, I can feel you’re broken but please let me in and so that I can help you fix every damage of yours’ and it continue for a year and a half. I admire him with his patience. I don’t know why he’s doing that for me but as time goes by, with his treatment, every word he said started to sink in my head. Emotions were going back inside of me, and then one day he noticed my necklace.

 

“Wow! Your necklace, it’s beautiful, a crescent moon. You always wear it, was it given to you by your parents?” He asked. But as I heard the word necklace-crescent moon-parents, every memory I kept at the back of my head exploded. I remember everything, even the pain. At that time, I can’t help but cry. I cried that day like there’s no tomorrow, but abruptly stop when I saw Tabi.

 

“Oh no! What happened? Did I say something wrong? Are you hurt anywhere? Are you okay? Why are you crying?—“ He bombarded me with a lot of questions while he’s panicking. He’s actually surprised that I cried and he doesn’t know what to do. He’s really frantic. As I saw him acting like that, I can’t help but cut him off with my giggle.

 

His eyes widened upon hearing my soft giggle. And now, he’s doing the opposite of what he’s doing earlier when I cried, he’s now frozen. Kekeke!!! I can’t help but laughed at his reaction. Maybe he’s thinking that I’ve gone mad because I was like a living dead for a year and a half then I suddenly cried and then giggle. I can’t blame him if he thinks I’m crazy. But I decided to talk, feeling alive again, thanks to this person in front of me. I don’t want to torture him anymore. I will let him in.

 

“Hey, sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for staying with me. I’m Dara, what’s yours?” I smiled and reached my hand to his waiting for a hand shake. But this time, he’s the one who’s not speaking. Hmmm... I thought he’s waiting for me to show any sign of life but why is he not talking?

 

With the speed of a werewolf, he suddenly left the house. Maybe he got scared.

 

“Good job Dara, he thinks that you’re officially crazy now.” I mumbled softly to myself.

 

I was looking at the ceiling for almost fifteen minutes I think, when the door burst out. Open widely, I saw Tabi with a lot of stuff. He placed a cake, ice cream, chicken, cookies and lots of food. And he kept mumbling like...

 

“What else? What do we need in celebration? Am I lacking something....” He kept mumbling like that pacing back and forth in the living room. Then he noticed me, confusion must be written on my face because he suddenly talks to me.

 

“Ahmm... you see we have to celebrate, you spoke, you smiled, you laughed! It calls for a celebration!! Do you think we’re short of food?” He said without breathing.

 

“Huh?” My genius reply.

 

“Oh cause—! Oh yeah I forgot, I’m Choi Seunghyun, you can call me TO-P.” He super excitedly said his name during that time that I didn’t quite get it. He actually pronounced his name as TO-Peeee, the last letter was pronounced like the letter itself. It’s kinda funny every time I remember it.

 

 What? What’s his name? Ta-P? Tabi?

 

“Ahh Tabi?” I asked.

 

“Ow, no sorry, my bad. I’m just so happy that I didn’t give up talking to you. It’s TOP, but it’s okay you can call me Tabi, but you’re the only one who can call me that.” He winked and grinned widely hearing his new nickname.

 

“Hahaha! You’re so funny!” I actually can’t help but laughed because he looked like a child that was given a chocolate bar who’s smiling ear to ear.

 

“Oh my gosh!!! Your laughing again!” He suddenly gets excited again. I gave him a WTF look, like is it wrong to laugh.

 

“Eh?” I voice out when I saw him getting his cell phone and put it in front of my face.

 

“Can you smile again? Please? I wanted to show to your family that lovely smile on your face. Please? Please?” He said while acting cute with puppy dog eyes and pouting.

 

“Hahaha!! You’re so cute.” I’m actually not planning to smile since he’s recording every move I made especially my so called ‘lovely smile’ as what he said but ended up laughing instead.

 

“And you’re so beautiful.” He said seriously with a smile on his face. I can’t help but stopped laughing as I feel my cheek getting red with his out of nowhere comment. And who thought that simple comment while lead as to what we are now.

 

Back to Tabi and Chunnie, I can hear things being smashed, crushed and broke downstairs. In human ears it seems like they’re only fighting but with werewolf heightened senses, you can hear them arguing. I tried to listen to them.

 

“You! I warned you! Stay away from my sister!” Chunnie angrily spoke to him.

 

“I don’t want to! She’s mine!” Tabi retorted back.”

 

“She’s not yours!!! She’s not your mate! You will end up hurting her! I don’t want to see her in that state again!!!” Yoochun said.

 

“But I love her Chun, God knows how much I love her... if possible I want to her to be my mate Chun...... I only want her.” This time Tabi speak calmly, sadness and hurt was evident in his voice. I can’t help but cry.

 

“I know TOP, I know. But she’s broken already, even though she’s smiling and laughing we all know that behind those is the broken Dara.... I want my sister to be happy TOP, that’s why even though I’m oppose with both of you being together, I let it pass but this time I can’t. You’re 18, and tomorrow there’s the pack meeting and everyone will attend. There’s a big chance that you will see your mate TOP....So please let her go.” Yoochun begged.

 

“I can’t Chun, I can’t....She’s all I need...I will reject my mate if I have to, so please don’t push her away from me.” I heard him loud and clear, My heart is aching. I wanted to say Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For going to that extent but at the same time I also wanted to tell him that he don’t know what he’s saying.

 

“You don’t know what you’re saying TOP! If you denied your mate you’re also going to get hurt! And you know what when you find your mate, you will forget your feelings for my sister! You will forget that you love her! Every time other girls try to touch you except your mate, family and relatives you will feel disgusted and by means of girls, that includes my sister!!!!” Chunnie shouted this time that even a human can hear it.

 

“I understand all that! I fully know every detail about mating Chun, I know everything....because I’m trying to find a way that I can avoid this mating... that my rabbit and I can be together . . . forever... So please Chun, let us be together.  Please.” I want to run and wrapped my arms around Tabi, if possible I want to run away with him, but I can’t, we can’t. Me being the She-wolf of Crescent Moon I’ll just put him in danger and him away from his mate will kill him slowly, turning him to what I was before, a living dead.

 

“Aish!! Why did it turned out like this!!!!!” Yoochun frustratingly hissed. And from what I heard, I think he went outside. Feeling the need to run to Tabi, I burst out of my door... just to see my Tabi.

 

Sitting on the floor... my Tabi.

 

Hands on his face. . .

 

I walk slowly towards him... just to see him....

 

Crying....

 

And hurting....