Dream

I'll Protect You With All My Life

 

Hi guys!!! I actually made some changes in the plot so I have to delete some chapters but I hope you will continue to support my fic...:) Enjoy reading!!!

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Dara’s POV:

 

“Sandara, sweety, do me a favour. Could you get something that I bought in the city yesterday for me please?”  My mom pleaded with her puppy eye, acting like a teenager.

 

“Wae? Why didn’t you bring it home when you bought it?” I asked while eating my vanilla ice cream wondering, what’s with my mom? It’s the first time she didn’t bring home something that she bought. Well, usually when you bought something, you will take it unless you actually made a pre-order.

 

“Ahmm... you see I was carrying a lot of meat yesterday that we’re going to cook for the pack meeting today and it’s really heavy that even I’m already using my werewolf strength, I’m still having a hard time. So, I decided that I’ll just leave the things that I bought in that store and asked the manager if I could leave it to them for a while and will ask someone to get it for me.” She explained nonchalantly.

 

My mom was actually the Alpha Female of our pack or you could say group of werewolves, meaning she is the mate of the leader or the most powerful werewolf, my father, the Alpha. So technically I am the she-wolf of the pack, the daughter of the powerful couple and the heir of the title ‘Alpha’ if there is no son but luckily for me there is, my oppa, he is 2 years older than me, meaning I won’t have a big responsibility in the future cause he is the heir, the future Alpha though I might lend a hand in some way. The title will be pass to him when he turns 18 but only if he already found his mate, short term for soul mate, our other half, the one whom we will share our life with, together.

 

“That’s why I told you to bring a car, you didn’t even listen mom. Hmp!” I retorted.

 

“Fine! Yeah it’s my fault, whatever. Just get the things for me and be back after the meeting starts.” She said while pushing me out the door and handing me the receipt and the address of the store. Huh? Did I hear it correctly? After the meeting starts?

 

“Mom? Should it be before the meeting starts?” I asked sceptically. What’s with mom? I thought silently.

 

“Did I say after? Hmm... forget it. Well it’s up to you what time you want to go back but make sure to get the items I bought and handle it safely. Though it’s better if you’re not going back, it’ll be less food expense.” She said jokingly.

 

“Mom!!! Do you really want me out that much?” I said dramatically while holding my chest, acting like I’m hurt.

 

“Yep! I want you to leave the house now! I don’t want you back!” She shouted while laughing. And I also join laughing my out as I saw her dancing like maniac signalling me to leave but when I looked at her eyes, I didn’t failed to missed it.... sadness. Why?

 

“Mom? Are you okay?” I asked out of nowhere, making her stop laughing.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I am. Now go! Shoo!!!” She answered quickly.

 

“Alright, if you said so. Bye mom! See you later! Tell oppa don’t eat my ice cream.” I yelled, waving my hands while walking outside our porch. Then suddenly, my mom was in front of me.

 

“MOM!! Are you trying to kill me?!!” I shouted, hands in my chest. My God! I thought my heart will jump out of my chest. 

 

“Keke! You’re so dramatic! I just want to hug and give a goodbye kiss to my only daughter, is that a problem?” She asked coolly while giving me quick hug or should I say she just encircled her arms around me but didn’t touch any of my skin and a kiss that feels like her lips didn’t even touch my cheeks.

 

“Yeah it is mom especially if you will suddenly appear in front of me like a ghost giving me a heart attack. It is.” I shrugged. “Whatever mom, I’m going. Bye! I love yah! Oh! And if ever dad asks why I am late I’ll tell him you forced me to go to the city!!!” I stuck my tongue out making her smile, but it still there, it’s still visible, the sadness in her eyes. Why?

 

“Bye baby, I love you too. We all love you and we’ll miss you. Take care my little girl. Be strong.” She whispered, but no words escape from my werewolf sense of hearing. I immediately looked back but she’s not there anymore... Aish! Stupid mom. What’s wrong with her? It’s bugging me.

 

*Clang! Clang*

 

I heard the sound of the little bell hanging in the boutique store’s door upon pushing it.

 

I walked for more than 30 minutes from the pack house going to the city, suddenly I remember my dream; I want to be a ninja when I grow up... a werewolf ninja. And one of the reasons is, so I can teleport easily from one place to another, then, I remember! I can actually teleport!! I have the gift to ‘Teleport’!! Aish!  I spent a lot of time walking making me tired! Tired? Haha! I forgot! I won’t sweat and get tired easily just by walking. Stupid! Hmp! Maybe because mom is stupid that’s why I am also stupid. Is stupidity hereditary? Maybe yes, because mother and daughter were stupid. It’s proven.

 

 I was holding the receipt all the time wondering what kind of store is ‘J & J Sparkling Bling Bling’. Well, who the heck won’t think, what kind of store is it? And what’s with Bling Bling? Who would name something like that to your store? Only crazy people will.

 

And when I found a cute little white store, I saw the big sign ‘J & J Sparkling Bling Bling’ with lights all over each word. Whew! It’s really sparkling bling bling. And so, here I am inside a jewelry shop... full of jewelries of course, what else?

 

“Hi! I’m here to get the items that my mom bought yesterday. Can I get it now?” I asked politely handing the receipt to the saleslady. Sniffing her scent, I figure out, she’s a human. Hmm...  Poor lady she doesn’t have any idea that I’m going to eat her in any minute. Hah! She’s oblivious to the fact that she’s talking to a werewolf not a human, maybe in human form but not really a human but a werewolf that is in human form but not really.... Aish! Whatever! Then Ppabam! Reality hit me! We don’t eat humans!!!! OMG what’s wrong with me? Is my stupidity reaching its pinnacle? NO!!!! I need to get home quickly to ask my mom how she can maintain her stupidity in that level or else I’m going crazy. I don’t want that!!

 

“Sure, give me a minute I’ll just get it inside.” She smiled genuinely and went inside the small room I assumed their stock room or something.

 

While waiting, I can’t help but think what a wonderful city. Werewolves and humans living together? Wow! Great! Well it’s normal but the truth is, it’s just in human’s eyes that it seems normal. For us, it’s like a survival. We endure everything whenever we are in the city where mostly human population live. Werewolf existence was extremely a secret. No humans were allowed to found out about us, so we act discreetly in public, we act like a human, we never show any sign of being a supernatural being. For a normal pack they killed the human who will find out our existence, but for us we have other way to deal with it since we are not some ordinary pack. We are LEGENDARY. We don’t kill humans if they found out about us. We just erase their memories. Some from our council has the gift to ‘Erase’ a certain memories.

 

 But there’s an exception. It is when a human was born with werewolves parents. Weird right? Yeah, actually up to these days we can’t still figure out why or how come a human was born between two werewolves. Usually for mated couples, they were bless to have pups (what werewolf calls their babies). But for some unknown reason, the suppose to be pups turn out to be a human baby. Usually the ratio for this incident is 1:50, so it’s a special case. That’s why nowadays, you can see humans in a pack but only few, maybe 5 or less than. But they have to keep the werewolf thingy a secret or else, it will cost his/her life.

 

But humans born in werewolf family don’t have a mate, they will live as a normal human, they will have an ordinary life, fall in love like a normal humans do and marry like a how humans should. Unlike a werewolf, even though they have a girlfriend/boyfriend once they found their mate, nothing else matter except their mate. Any past relationship will mean NOTHING. Oh! I forgot... werewolf can only find their mate once they turn 18 and it’s only werewolf to werewolf, nothing else.

 

I’m still in my little lala land when the saleslady came back with a blue box encircled by a ribbon.

 

“Thanks for waiting! Here you go! Kindly fill up this paper and sign here then you can go.” She bubbly said, then hand me the box with a pink flashy envelope together with the paper I’m supposed to fill-up and sign. Upon finishing, I gave her the papers and asked her.

 

“Ahmm, excuse me. Is this envelope were a package together with the box?” I looked at her questioningly.

 

“Oh! The lady that bought that asked us to give the envelope to the person who’s going to get the jewelry. I think she said something like it’s for her daughter, who knows it might be her last present for her... something like that, I forgot the exact word. She looks really sad while buying that. I’m sorry but that’s what I can only remember.” She smiled apologetically.

 

“Ah, no, it’s okay. I was just wondering. Anyway thanks for your help! Bye!” I answered nervously. Why in the world is she saying? Seriously what’s wrong with my mom? She even infected the saleslady of her stupidness. Really mom? You didn’t even think of the saleslady’s situation, you only bought something in their store and for sure they thanked you when you bought it, why the need to infect her of your stupidity? I’m going to give her a lecture. Is it not enough to pass it down to your daughter? But also spread it to people you meet? Aish...my mom!!! Oh mom!

 

I stepped outside the little store and wave bye to the saleslady. I just felt sorry for her.

 

I’m walking back home when I realized that this gift is for me. Yay!!! I’m excited to see what is it, but I won’t open it until I got home. I checked my pink wrist watch and saw that it’s already seven... which means the meeting or should I say the party already started 1 hour ago. Well, its okay it’s not like it’ll end after an hour. I take my time walking, and then I get the pink envelope...  Keke!! It’s so cute!! I love pink!! I open it and I saw a pink glossy paper with my mom’s handwriting. Cool!!  I started reading it while walking.

 

*Words inside the parenthesis were Dara’s

 

To my sweet little only daughter, Sandara,

 

                I can still remember when I gave birth to you, you’re so small. (Duh? Of course mom, how can I fit in your tummy if I’m big, stupidity alert!!!!) I was so happy when I gave birth to a girl, I already saw myself dressing you up with different clothes, styling your hair, etc. (What am I? A Barbie doll?) Having you, your oppa and also your dad were the best thing that happened to me. (Aish mom! You’re so dramatic, it’s not like we won’t see each other again.)

 

               Baby girl, I hope you like my present. It’s a necklace representing our pack, the Crescent Moon pack, it’s the same with your oppa, it was personalized, and it’s the shape of the half moon with a star inside. I hope you will take care of it Sandara. This will served as a remembrance from us, your parents. (OMG mom!!! Why did you have to tell me what’s inside? What’s the purpose of waiting to get home till I open it?!) Sandara sweety, I saw that one day you will have a wonderful mate just like your father, you will be a great leader and you will have 2 pups in the future.

 

               With all those good things, there are a lot of bad things. You will struggle a lot Sandara, you will face a lot of hardship in family, love and in your pack. But I saw it baby girl, you will survive in every trials in your life and you will be stronger than what you are now. I am, we are, your parents were contented in seeing your future. We are happy seeing how you will become in the future. We cannot wish for more, except that we will still be there when every good things happen to cherish it with you and when every bad things happen to protect and comfort you.

 

              Sandara, baby, we love you so much dear. Be strong, remember, even though we’re not by your side, we’re always inside your heart. We will wait until our whole family will be united again maybe not physically but spiritually. Remember, there’s always a reason why everything happens. We love you and always will, be strong whatever happens. Bye-bye my baby girl. I love you. Happy 14th Birthday Sandara (What’s that? What are you mom? A psychic? As if you can see the future? Then I’m a ninja! Uh-huh!)

 

                                                                                                                                                                                   Your stupid mom.

 

  

I was closing the envelope when I realized what I last thought. ‘What’s that? What are you mom? A psychic? As if you can see the future? Then I’m a ninja! Uh-huh!’. NO!!!! My mom’s gift! She.... She can see.... She can see the future..... My body starting to tremble when reality hits me.... something’s happening! Something’s wrong!! Why did she say we will never see each other again? Tears were now falling from my eyes, I can see that people were staring at me like I’m crazy but I don’t have time to argue with them. Right now, I’m starting to panic, I tried to use our mind link and started to call my mom in my mind.

 

‘Mom! Mom! Answer me! Mom!’ there’s no response.

 

‘Dad! Dad! What’s happening? Mom is not answering me! Dad!’ but there’s still no answer.

 

I remember my oppa, he’s not home. Dad asked him to patrol in the border of our territory. Oppa might know what’s happening.

 

‘Oppa! Oppa!’ after calling him twice, I already know something bad is happening. The link inside my head is starting to vanish. My connection with them was starting to disappear. And then it was........... cut off.

 

It’s gone.

 

I blink back some tears and started to calm myself. Calm down Sandara, maybe their blocking their mind because they don’t want to talk to you, maybe they have a surprise for your party that they don’t want you to find out, calm down Sandara, calm down.

 

I’m starting to calm down. I stopped for a moment analyzing what is happening. To calm myself, I divert my attention to something else so I get the box and open it. I saw a beautiful necklace. Mom is right it’s the symbol of our pack. I threw the box in the trash can beside me and wear the necklace. It fits with my pale white neck. I was planning to throw also the letter thinking if I keep it, what she said about bad things, spiritually, or whatever will happen when I saw a small white paper like a sticky note on the inside of the envelope.

 

Baby girl,

 

                When you read my letter sweety, it only means one thing. We are not here anymore Sandara. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. We cannot be with you any longer. I saw the future. I was afraid. I’m scared but I did everything to protect you and your oppa. We also asked your oppa to go somewhere. I didn’t see if both of you will see each other again but I hope you will. You are unpredictable Sandara, so I’m hoping you can change the future to make everything alright. Continue living and continue fighting for us. Don’t give up. Be strong baby. We love you.

                                                                                                                                                                                              

                                                                                                                                                                                                       Mom

 

 

That’s it!!! No!!!!!! That’s the reason my mom is acting stupid!! She saw this!!! NO!!! This can’t be true!!! It only means that my mom is not stupid but she acted stupid to protect me which means I’m the only one who is stupid! Does it mean that it’s not hereditary? NO!!! It’s not the time to think about stupidity. 

 

My mom, my dad, they’re gone....why did this happen??? My wolf wanted to go out. No! I can’t shift to my wolf form in front of humans. . . I can’t stop my tears . . . It hurts. . . I don’t know what to do. . . I can’t move, it’s like I’m frozen here, afraid to see the picture when I got home but I can’t. I can’t stay here.  . . I have to go back, maybe I can save them, mom said I’m predictable, maybe I can still save them. . .that’s it!!! I have to go back as fast as I can!

 

Without second thought I started running. When I’m few feet away from the woods, from the pack house, I look around to see if there’s any sign of humans, upon realizing that there’s none. I ‘teleport’ from the road to the woods, in front of my house.

 

Then BAM!!! I saw it. . . I saw them, my whole pack lying there with their bloods. Lifeless. I can’t hear any sound of werewolf who’s alive. They’re all gone. My tears were falling in my eyes like again, like waterfalls.

 

I walk through the lifeless body in front of me. There, I saw my friends, my relatives and lastly my parents. My father holding my mother protectively, lying in the porch of the house, not moving. Not breathing. Eyes firmly closed. I kneel down beside them.

 

“M-Mom, D- Dad, I’m home. Wake up! It’s not time to sleep, it’s my birthday!!! Come on!” I spoke, stuttering.

 

“Hey mom! Here! Look! It’s the necklace!! See? It looks good in me! Mom! Come on now! Open your eyes!!! Open it!!! Dad!!! Stop playing!! Enough with this... you’re scaring me...” I shouted like a madman, forcing my parents to open their eyes but tears kept pouring until I felt like a lump was stuck in my throat that I had to murmur the last part.

 

“Please... you guys will get cold if you don’t stand up there... The ground is cold. Come on Mom! Dad! Open your eyes... I’m scared here. Please.... please... I’m begging you.” I’m now trembling, anger, sadness and fear were all over me. My wolf was angry. She wanted revenge to whoever did it. ‘Let me out now Sandara’ my wolf said inside me. ‘I can’t, not yet’ I answered in my mind. I know my eyes were turning blue because my wolf wanted me to shift, she wanted to take over but I can’t I still want to see my parents and embrace them.

 

I started to crawl near them. I reach for their hands both were icy cold. I wanted to ask why something like this happened and who did this when I realized I’m alone. There’s no one to ask. No one’s alive who I can read their thoughts. No one except me.

 

With my parents in my arms, I fully concentrate. I have to rely to another gift of mine, ‘Mind Reading’. I never read the thoughts of the dead. This will be the first time. Before I tried to read my mother’s thought, she said I can’t because she’s blocking her mind. In our pack, blocking your own thoughts from others is necessary, it’s included in our training because we all know that some of us have gifs and they are afraid that everything in their head will be revealed knowing our pack have those gifts that is connected with thoughts like predicting the future, reading minds, seeing the past and so on.

 

In Crescent Moon, all werewolves were properly trained. All of us our strong, our pack were considered as the strongest, we are legend to other packs. How strong? It’s like five normal werewolves is equivalent to a one crescent moon werewolf. We were trained to fight, hide our werewolf scent and also trained to block our thought that’s why I can’t read my pack’s thoughts unless I touch them but in normal circumstances like humans or werewolf that is not from my pack even though they blocking their thoughts, I can read it clearly. It’s just that ‘blocking your own thoughts’ in my pack is in another level.

 

Some werewolves from my pack were given a gift. But only werewolves from alpha bloodline have a gift, my family and relatives only. Each of us in our bloodline has one gift except for me, my mom said because I was born during the full moon that’s why I have more than one and eventually as I grew up, more gifts will be developed. You see, werewolf that were born during full moon were stronger than a those who were born in normal days.

 

We were also trained on how to use our mind link. Mind link is like a cell phone in hand. You can contact anyone from your pack using your mind, you can also choose who you will talk privately in your head or choose to talk to everyone and also you can choose to block anyone in your mind like. Usually I only allowed my family in my mind link but sometimes I blocked everyone in my heads and sometimes my friends.

 

Back to reality, I remember, before, I tried to read my mom’s but I failed, I tried a lot and I still failed but when I playfully smacked my mom’s head, I saw it. I saw everything in her mind. All her predictions in the future that she’s been hiding but I didn’t saw this massacre in one of her prediction. Maybe she just saw it few days before....During that time I found out that I can read minds of my pack even they are blocked as long as there’s a contact with the person ...And that’s it! That’s the reason why the hug she gave me were so quick as if I’m going to break when she tightly hug me and the goodbye kiss that feels like it didn’t happen. She’s afraid that I will read her mind. Mom...

 

I started to concentrate again, this time, I laid my mom beside me and I chose to read my dad’s mind. I don’t want to see what’s ahead of me... I want to change it as good as possible. With that I gently tapped my hand with my father’s head. THERE!!! I saw it. The way they died. The way my father protect my mom and the way she protect him... it hurts... I don’t want to see it anymore. I was planning to shield my mind to stop me from seeing my father’s thought when I saw him.... the person who annihilates my pack. With that I blocked and shielded all the images in my father’s head.

 

I know who did it. I don’t know if revenge is a good thing but if ever we cross each other path. I’m going to kill you!! I swear I will. And that what it only takes for me to shift to my wolf form. Standing with my four feet and covered with pure white fur with blue eyes, I realized I am alone now, I am the only white wolf here and that’s because HE killed the rest of the most powerful pack, the Crescent Moon. He killed them!!!! How dare he do that to his own pack!!!!!Anger is enveloping me, wanting to look for the person who killed my pack.

 

Then reality crashed on me again, I’m alone now. I am a Lone Werewolf now.

 

 I also have to find my brother, my only family. I hope he is okay.

 

I hide my scent, one of the things I mastered while I’m training for a fight. I promise that I will kill him. For mom, for dad, for oppa, for my pack and for myself. I will hide myself and when the time comes, I will end your life.

 

I will live as a human. I will face every trial. I won’t give up. I will be strong.

 

I shifted back to my human form. Starting today, the whole Crescent Moon pack is gone together with the strongest she-wolf Sandara Park. And today will be the birth of the new me, the human Dara Park.

 

 

*RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!*

 

I heard the sound of the alarm clock. Damn I dream of the past again. Sweat is all over me, my clothes were sticking in my body.... even my eyes were sweating... no it’s not... I’m crying. I can still remember everything, crystal clear . . . It’s been a while seen I last time I had a nightmare, why? Is this a sign of bad omen? Or the day of our face off is coming?

 

“DARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!! TOP IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!” Yoochun shouted downstairs.

 

“I’m up!! I’ll be there, give me 10 minutes!!” I answered.

 

I wish it didn’t happen during my birthday...

 

No... I wish it didn’t happen at all...

 

I wish it was only a dream....

 

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

What do you guys think? Is it better or worse??? I'm still new to this so please bare with me....

Hope to read your comments.... :) Thanks!!!