Drabble #2: I Have to Leave

Scenarios and Drabbles

Thanks fer reading. Thanks fer subbing. Thanks fer commenting.

Italics is you speaking.


“I have some news,” your boss said. You knew it was bad. He almost never calls group meetings, unless it’s to deliver bad news. Last time, it was to fire people. You hoped it wasn’t you. “Our company is moving to London.” No one said anything. “If you want your job, you will be required to move to London.”

Your boss’s words lingered in your head as you sat on your couch. How were you supposed to tell your boyfriend of a year you had to move? You love job, it’s everything you wanted and your boyfriend was everything you wanted too. You couldn’t bear the thought of not being with him. Even with his ever busy schedule and not being able to go on dates, you wouldn’t want anyone else. You sighed. This would be a lot easier if he weren’t in Japan doing promotions; then again maybe not. You’d probably turn into a crying mess.  You let your tears flow as you neatly fold your clothing, letting out a sob or a sniffle every so often; you only had two weeks. Suddenly your phone rings, you know who it is. Quickly, wipe your eyes and calm yourself. This is it, you have to tell him. You answer. “Jagiyah, how are you?” Terrible. “I’m fine. How’s Japan?” He sighed, “It’s okay, we’re busy so we’re not going out or anything.” You nodded as he continued to talk. How can you bring this up, delicately? “Jagi,” he called bringing you back. “I have to go now. I’ll see you soon, okay?” “Wait!” Should you bring it up now? “What’s wrong?” No, it might ruin his mood for the day. “I miss you.” He chuckled. “I miss you too. I love you, bye.” You hung up with fresh tears rolling down your cheeks.

He was supposed to come home today. You preppd yourself to tell him, nothing was going to stop you. You phone rang, it was him. “I have bad news, babe.”  You braced yourself. “We’re staying for a few more days.” “You can’t!” He chuckled. “I know you miss me, but when I get back I’ll make it up to you.” “No, ja—” “I have to go now” he said cutting you off. “See you soon, bye” He hung up. “See you soon,” you mumbled. He wasn’t going to see you. You only had a couple of days before you left. You slumped into your couch, he wasn’t here to comfort you and now he wasn’t going to be here when you left.

“Jagi, I’m home!” He called into the house. He noticed your luggage by the front door. “Are you going somewhere?” You ran from the living room to hug him. “You’re home early!” He half hugged you. “Where are you going?” You stepped back biting your lip. “To London.” He half smiled, “Oh, well when are you coming back.” You shrugged. “What do you mean—he shrugged—why are you leaving?” His face changed, as if he had a sudden epiphany. Tears glistened in his eyes. “A-are you leaving m-me?” You lips trembled as your shook your head. “My job is moving. I-I have to go.” You were crying now. “I don’t want to leave you.” He hugged you, your face buried in his chest. “When do you leave?” “T-tomorrow.” He held you at arm’s length. “So if I hadn’t come home early you would’ve left without saying anything?” You looked down, you’re sure you would’ve written something to him. He hugged you again and sighed. “It’s okay. I’ll call you every day. We’ll skype and I’ll visit you anytime.” You nodded still looking down. He pressed his lips to your forehead. “It’ll be okay.”


Two things.
One: Who do you think "he" was?
Two: Would you perfer specific member instead of optional bias?