Drabble #1: Losing Your Best Friend.

Scenarios and Drabbles

I just found out a drabble is supposed to be only 100 words. This is far more (518 to be exact). I guess I should changed the title. Lol.

Italics is still you.


“I proposed to her” he told you over lunch. You looked up at him. He stared at you waiting for your reaction. Your heart broke. “That’s great! Congratulations.”

You weren’t in love with him. He was your best friend since middle school but since he started “seriously” dating her things were different. You couldn’t figure out what was wrong until he told you she didn’t like you. You couldn’t understand why, you were more than pleasant to her. Now he was going to marry her, you knew what that meant. You two were already becoming distant; the rift was only going to get wider. You were going to lose your best friend. In the months leading to his wedding this proved true. He was far too busy to hang out with you, not that you minded you knew a wedding is a pretty huge deal. So it was a shock when he called you in the middle of the night.

Hello,” you sleepily answered. “[Your name] ah I miss you so much!” You sat up in your bed. “Are you drunk?” He stayed quiet. “Remember when we used to drink all night?” You slightly smiled at the memory. “Can you come here?” You opened your mouth to protest. “I really miss you,” he said in a quiet voice. You sighed. “I’ll be there soon.”

You walked into the quaint bar you used to visit in high school and college, this place still looked the same. “You came,” he said jumping up and hugging you. You missed him. “I told you I would come.” He smiled. “Look, our names are still here.” He pointed to a spot on the wall. He had carved your names there to let people know this was “our booth”. The giggles from the countless drinks and past memories subsided. His head was resting on your shoulder. “I don’t want to marry her” he said. “You don’t mean that.” He sat up. “Do you know how unbearable these months were without you?” You giggled. “Are you confessing your love?” He shook his head wiping his eyes. “I just miss my friend. She’s so unbearable! She wouldn’t even let me put you in the wedding.” “I-it’s okay.” “How could you let me marry someone like her!” he shouted. You looked at him shocked. “Why are you yelling at me? You’re the one that proposed to her!” His face turned sheepish. “You’re crying.” “So are you.” “I won’t marry her,” he said hugging you. “I’m going to break if off tomorrow.” You nodded though you were pretty sure he wouldn’t remember anything, he never did. His phone rang. “It’s her, I guess she’s worried. You should head home too. It’s too late for a girl to be out.”

The next morning you awoke to the sound of your TV. You trudged out to your living room, why the hell did you turn your TV on last night? You jumped seeing him sitting on your couch eating your cereal.  “What are you doing here?” He jumped at the sound of your voice. “She threw me out,” he smiled.


Ready. Set. Leave Comments.
<3