Chapter 2

Forevermore

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

  As I walked towards my classroom, thoughts swarmed up in my head. I recall how Dara and I became best friends…

 

(FLASHBACK)

 

  I was playing in my own little world when I heard my mom called me. I immediately stood up and went to where my mom is. There, in our living room, I saw mom and a little girl. The girl is beside my mom with her left hand holding my mom’s hand while on her left hand is a purple plushie toy. She was about the same age as I am. About 10 years old.  I know her. She is always with her mom whenever her mom would visit my mom. I wonder what she is doing her. Where is her mom? I looked at my mom questioningly.

 

 

  “Her name is Sandara, Jiyong.” My mom said, as if she read what was on my mind. She turned to the girl and bent down. “Sandara, he is Jiyong, my son.” I saw she looked at my mom then she sifted her gaze on me. “Anneyeonghasseo, Jiyong! Sandara Park imnida.” she said shyly and I saw the she hugged the purple toy closer to her.

 

 

  “She is now going to live with us, Ji. Be kind to her, arasso?” My mom told me then turned again to the girl. I heard her saying to Sandara to sit down on the couch and watch some cartoons. After she finished talking to the girl, she went to the kitchen to probably prepare our dinner for it is almost 6 o’clock in the evening.

 

 

  “Jiyong. Clean your toys and accompany Sandara on the living room.” My mom said.

 

 

  “Neh.” I said then went in my playroom and cleaned up all my toys. After doing that, I went to the living room and cautiously sat on the couch where the girl is sitting. We just sat beside each other silently and our attention is focused on the cartoons on the television. When the show ended, I remembered something. I turned to Sandara.

 

 

  “Do you have any best friend?” I asked. Well, I heard in school that a person has that one person who they call their best friend and that one person is the one you can tell your secrets to, you can play with, and that one person who doesn’t fight with you. Youngbae isn’t suited to be my best friend because he chose Daesung to be his best friend over me. So I got angry at him that’s why he can’t be my best friend.

 

 

  “Uhhm. I-I don’t h-have one yet.” She answered while her eyes are on the purple toy on her lap.

 

 

  “Then I am your best friend from now on.” I smiled at her. She looked at me with her wide eyes.

 

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

  Who could imagine that from a single childish question, I would be having the best best friend in the world? I’ m so lucky to have her.

 

 

  “Ouch!” A girl’s voice brought me back to reality. I looked up and saw her face.

 

 

  Am I dead now? Cause I’m sure this lady right here is an angle. I thought.

 

 

  “M-Mianhe..” I bowed and smiled at her.

 

 

  “Aniyo. It’s nothing.” She smiled and my breathing stopped. She is the most beautiful person I’ve ever laid my eyes on. She walked towards the door to my classroom.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

  How could first days be so boring? I looked longingly at the clock hanging on the wall. Five minutes before lunch. I sighed. Can the time run fast, please?

 

 

  The professor in front kept on talking and talking. I’m so bored her I can’t even understand a word he is saying. Gaaaahhh! I can’t wait to be with Jiyong. I giggled silently at the thought.

 

 

“Yah! Sandara Park! Why are you thinking like that? You should get a hold on yourself.” I must be crazy right now coz I can hear myself talking to me.

 

 

  I was startled when I felt my phone vibrated on my pocket. I foshed out my phone and looked who messaged me. I smiled immediately when I saw who the sender was. Just in time, the bell rang. I quickly arranged my things and dragged Bom out of the room going to the cafeteria. I was happily whistling while remembering what his message said..

 

 

“I’ll be waiting in the cafeteria, D-ah.”

      - Ji.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it?

Thank you! :)