Chapter 1

Forevermore

 

Dara's POV

 

  Yeorubun. I would like to introduce myself. Sandara Park. Known as Dara for many, Ssantokki for my close friends and D for my best friend. I am currently on my senior year in high school and I also work part time at Yeolbung's Chicken Restaurant. Have I mentioned that I'm currently living alone? Not yet? Kekekeke. Well I'm not technically living alone since CL, Bom and Minzy lives in the same apartment as me. What I'm trying to say is I'm already an orphan. Both my parents died in a car accident when I was only 10 years old. Our family friend adopted me and I'm so thankful to them for that.

 

 

  This said family friend of ours has an only son named Kwon Jiyong. He had been my best friend eversince forever. He had been my shoulder, my pillow, my pillar, my strength, my everything. And it seems that I can't live without him in my life. Well, he is my best friend so I surely couldn’t live without him.

 

 

  I am a girl who really hates secrets. I don’t want to hide anything from my close friends. Hiding something doesn’t really do good, right? So it’s best if I will just say it.

 

 

  But lately, I have been keeping something very big. I really hate hiding it but I have no other choice. If I will reveal my secret, I’m afraid my friendship with him will be ruined. So I’d rather just keep it to myself than to lose the only man I can’t live without.

 

 

  Yes, yeorubun. You guessed it correctly. I am inlove with Kwon Jiyong, my best friend.

 

 

Bom’s POV

 

  I was sitting in front of my vanity mirror applying some make up on my face. I have to be really beautiful; it’s our first day as a senior student. Can you believe it? Ssantokki and I are already a graduating student. And I can’t help but feel excited because Dara and I will be leaving for US to continue our studies. Of course the maknaes will follow after they graduated. It has always been our dream to study abroad. We even work in Yeolbung’s Chicken Restaurant as a part-time waiters so we can save up money for this dream. I can’t help but giggle as I foresee our future together in US.

 

 

  A constant ringing snapped me out of my reverie. I know this tone. This tone is especially for Dara’s best friend. So I already have an idea whose phone is ringing and who the caller is.

 

 

  “Ssantokki! Your phone is ringing.” I called out. She is currently on the shower. We share rooms while the maknes; Chaerin and Minkki, share rooms.

 

 

  “Neh! I’ll be out in a minute.” I heard her answer and I assume that she turned off the shower for I can’t hear the flow of the water anymore.

 

 

 

  “Hurry now. We don’t want to be late on our first day, right?”

 

 

  “Arasso.” She said as she stepped out of the bathroom. I turned to face the mirror again and continued applying make-up. I heard her picked up her phone.

 

 

  “Yeoboseo……….. Mianhe, I just came out from the shower………. Neh, I’ll hurry up.. See you at school.”

 

 

  If some stranger heard her talked that way on the phone, they would probably think that she is talking to her boyfriend right now. But na-ah. She is just talking to her best friend, Kwo Jiyong.

 

 

  If I had not known Dara hating secrets, I would think that she is in love with her best friend and just keeping it to herself. I smiled as I shook my head as I finished applying make-up.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

  Bom and I are currently walking towards the school gate when I noticed a familiar figure standing just beside the school gate. I would forever recognize that built. Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

  When we approached him, he immediately ruffled my hair causing my neatly tied hair turned into a slightly one. I slapped his arms.

 

 

  “I told you to stop ruffling my hair. We’re not kids anymore.” I pouted while re-doing my hair.

 

 

  “But you still look like a kid. I bet some people mistook as a first year high school student.” He laughed at his own joke while clutching his stomach. He attempted to ruffle my hair again but I was able to block his hand. Instead, he pinched my cheek.

 

 

  “Aisht!” I stomped my feet in frustration. I pouted again as I mumble incoherent words.

 

 

  “Cute.” I heard him say. I cannot help but to blush a little at his remark. Aigoo.

 

 

  “Yah! Stop being childish, you two.” Omo! I forgot Bom is with us. Kekeke. “Let’s go in now. We don’t want to be late on our first day, do we? If you two continue with your childish acts, we will surely be late in our first period.” Bom held my hands and dragged me while Ji is following closely behind.

 

 

  When we reached the hallways, Ji called my attention. “I’ll be going now.” He said then turned to the right and continued to walk.

 

 

 

  “Yah, Ji! Where do yo—“ I didn’t get to finish my sentence. I remembered that Jiyong belongs to the other class. I sighed. “See you at luch, Ji!” I called out loudly hoping that he heard it. I saw he raised his left hand signalizing that he got the message. I smiled to myself and went towards the door of our classroom with Bom.