Chapter 34

Forevermore

 

TOP's POV

 

 

I extended my shift at the hospital today just to wait for the result of the DNA test that I ordered three days ago.. Dr. Kim called me a while ago saying that the result will be finished this day.

 

 

My mind was preoccupied by my patients that I didn't notice the time. When I looked at my watch, it is already nine in the evening..

 

 

I tapped my fingers on the table as I patiently waited for Dr. Kim's call. What if my hunches are wrong? What if Donghae is really  Chinho's appa? But why does Chinho kept calling Donghae 'daddy' instead of 'appa'? It's weird.. Chinho kept insisting to us that the only man he will call 'appa' is his real appa.

 

 

And why does Chinho and Jiyong really looked alike? I'm very sure that it's no coincidence.

 

 

I was deep in my thoughts when my phone suddenly rang and I answered it immediately..

 

 

"Dr. Choi.. The result of the DNA test that you've ordered is finished already. You can pick it up here in my office.."

 

 

"Thank you, Dr. Kim." I ended the call as I half-walked, half-ran to Dr. Kim's office. I'm just excited to see what the result is..

 

 

After picking up the result from Dr. Kim's office, I fought the urge to open the envelope while walking in the corridors of the hospital. I waited until I was in my four cornered office.

 

 

I sat at my chair and stared at the envelope for maybe about five minutes. After that, I reached out for the envelope and slowly opened it with my trembling hands.

 

 

I gasp and my eyes widen when I saw the final result of the test.....

 

 

DNA Test: 100% match

 

 

I knew it! I picked up my phone and quickly dialed Jiyong's number.

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

My head is buried on the pile of paper works when my phone rang.. I answered it without looking at the caller ID..

 

 

"Yeoboseo?"

 

 

"Hey, Ji.. Are you busy right now? Can you squeeze me in for just five minutes?.. This is important.."  I noticed TOP hyung's voice.

 

 

"What is it, hyung? I'm really busy right now.." I said while still shuffling through the pile of papers in front of me.

 

 

"It's really important, Ji.. I'll just go to your company's cafe. Let's meet there.. I promise this will just be real quick."  TOP hyung said..

 

 

"Arasso.." I said. As soon as I put down my phone, my boss' secretary went to me telling me that my boss wishes to see me.

 

 

I stood up from my seat and walked towards my boss' office. I know he would ask me about the job he offered me. I still haven't thought that through.

 

 

"This is your flight ticket.. If you will accept this, you will be flying to France tomorrow morning.. I need your decision now, Mr. Kwon.." My boss said..

 

 

"How long will I stay there if I accept the offer?" I asked.

 

 

"You’ll stay there for three years.. But you can still visit Korea once in a while." He said as he pushed the ticket towards me.

 

 

"Can I think this through until twelve midnight? My mind is still preoccupied with work.." I asked..

 

 

"Sure, you can. I'll still be here at that time. Still have so many work to do.." My boss said. Then I went out of his office. When I came back to my own office, I looked at my phone and saw that TOP hyung messaged me.

 

 

"I'm here already."

       -TOP hyung.

 

 

I went towards the elevator and pushed the ground floor to where our cafeteria is located.

 

 

*****

 

 

"What is this, hyung?" I asked when TOP hyung handed me an envelope. I had no idea what is inside of it. He just nodded at me. Not answering my question.

 

 

I opened the envelope and pulled out the paper inside of it. I saw my name on it and I wondered what Chinho’s name is doing in this piece of paper. I scan the whole paper and realized that it was a DNA test result..

 

 

"What is this for, hyung?" I have no time with hyung's playfulness. I still have so much work waiting for me in my office and my boss is pressuring me about the job in France.

 

 

"Just read it." He said as he looked at my face..

 

 

 

I impatiently read the whole content of the paper. But I paled after reading a sentence. My eyes widen as different thoughts ran through my head.

 

 

My dream. It wasn't a dream after all. It was real. It happened. It really happened! But why did Dara hid this from me? Why did Dara have to hide this from me? But I can't get myself to get mad at her. The love I'm feeling for her just overflowed from my heart.

 

 

Tears of joy escaped my eyes as soon as it really hit me.

 

 

I have a son!

 

 

Dara and I have a son!

 

 

Chinho is my son!

 

 

I wanted to jump right this instant because of too much happiness. I don't care if Dara lied to me. I don't care either if Dara never told me about my son. What I just cared right now is that I love Dara with all my heart and I will go to her now and tell her that I love her so much that I'm willing to wait for her to love me back.

 

 

I quickly stood up from my seat and continuously thanked TOP hyung. I got my car keys in my pocket and ran to my car.

 

Maybe I broke hundred traffic laws with the way I drove to Dara's apartment. But I don't care. I just want to get to her fast and hug her and feel her warmth and tell her how much I love her and our son.

 

 

I almost jumped out of my car when I parked it in the parking lot and I immediately ran to Dara's apartment door.

 

 

I just stood in front of Dara's door. Catching my breath and composing myself. I was about to rang the doorbell when I noticed that the door is slightly opened.

 

 

I was about to push the door open when I heard a voice that stopped me on my tracks.

 

 

"I love you always.." I heard Donghae said. I peeked in to see what is happening inside and regretted it. Donghae kissed the top of Dara's head.

 

 

Please don't say 'I love you too' D-ah.. Please.. I chanted like a mantra. Hoping that she will never utter those words to him.. Hoping that she will just utter those three words to me.

 

 

But I guess fate is really not on my side.. Because she said that she loves Donghae also. And to add more pain to my tearing heart, she kissed Donghae on his cheeks.

 

 

I bowed my head low and immediately left her front door. Looking at her a moment ago made my heart felt like it was being pierced by a thousand needles. She looks so happy in the arms of Donghae.

 

 

With that, I made a decision in my head. I quickly went back to my car and drove back to my office. After parking my car, I immediately went to my boss' office.

 

 

"I'll take the job offer, boss." I said while standing in front of him.

 

 

He just smiled at me and handed me the ticket.

 

 

"Go home now, Kwon. You need to rest because your flight is early tomorrow. Don't worry about your unfinished work; someone will take care of it." My boss said. I just nodded and went out..

 

 

******

 

 

I was done packing my things when I sat down on my bed and held one of the many pictures that is displayed on my headboard.

 

 

This was shot on Dara's birthday. She is smiling beautifully in this picture.. I traced her face..

 

 

"That's right, D-ah.. Smile.. You deserve all the happiness in the world." I said as I smiled sadly..

 

 

"I know that you are happy now with Donghae and I won't ever try to take that happiness away from you. Even if it kills me, I would give up my happiness just for you. I would give up my all just for your happiness. I’m willing to give up the rights I have for my son just so you could be happy with him. Please take good care of our son for me. I love you so much, D. I love you and our son. I love the both of you so much."

 

 

I said as tears now continuously fall from my eyes.. In six hours’ time, I would be saying goodbye to Korea and will be leaving for France. This is really not necessary but I needed to heal my heart. I needed to be away from her to stop myself getting hurt each and every time I will see her happy face in the arms of another man. I needed this so that I can slowly emerge from the torture I’ve been experiencing lately. Just by seeing her in the arms of other man makes me want to get a knife and stab myself to death with it. I can’t stand the hurt anymore. I need to leave..

 

 

I looked one last time at the picture I am holding... "I'll love you forever, D." I said before putting it back in my headboard and lay down on my bed. Waiting for sleep to consume me so that even just for a time, I wouldn't feel the unbearable pain I'm feeling inside my chest.

 

 

 

------------------------------------

Omo! T_T

One more left......