Chapter 16

Forevermore

 

Dara's POV

 

 

Being pregnant isn't an easy job. You have to go all through the cravings, the mood swings, etc.. And what I hate the most is the morning sickness.

 

 

I am so thankful to Bom for being there when I needed her. Being pregnant is not that easy but I am enduring it all for the sake of my baby.

 

 

I caressed lovingly my eight weeks stomach. Aigooo. I never knew such an impulsive act would equal to this baby. And as I've said, I don't regret anything at all.. My thoughts went to my baby's father and the one I love the most..

 

 

How is he? I'm pretty sure that he is happy again with Yuhee for the maknaes mentioned when talked about him the other time that Yuhee and he got back together. There's a prick in my heart when I heard that, but having this baby is everything I could ask for. He or she will be my instrument to slowly forget about my feelings for Jiyong.

 

 

Bommie is at the front of the computer talking to Seungyun. I can't help but to feel envious of these two. Even if seas and mountains are between them, they still have the same passion in their hearts just as like when they were in the same country..

 

 

I went to the fridge for I had an urge to eat some apples. I leaned on the sink as I happily bite the apple on my hand..

 

 

"Hey, Dara.. TOP wants to talk to you.." Bom called me and stood up. I looked at her.

 

 

"Me?" I asked while pointing my finger at myself.

 

 

Bom just nodded and ushered me to come over. I indulged and went to where the computer is located. I was careful not to let him get a peek at my baby bump as I sat down on the chair.

 

 

"Hey, Dara.. How's it going there?" He asked.

 

 

"It's fine. Bom and I are just fine here." I said as I smiled at him..

 

 

"That's good to hear.. Have you talked to Jiyong yet?" TOP asked and my heart can't help but to beat erratically at the mention of his name.

 

 

"I haven't. I heard he is kind of busy right now.." I said..

 

 

"Well, yeah. He is kind of busy right now." TOP said.

 

 

"So, what course are you planning on taking up in college?" I asked, changing the topic.

 

 

"I haven't thought about that yet. I'll just cross the bridge when I get there." He said.

 

 

I felt a little dizzy so I had to say goodbye to TOP even though I still wanted to talk to him. Bom replaced the seat and I went to the couch and laid there. I opened the TV hoping to find good programs. I felt my eyelids got heavier and I went to dreamland dreaming for the guy who owns my heart.

 

 

***********

 

 

On my fifth month.. I went to the ob-gyn to check my baby's ultrasound and to have my monthly check-up.. Bom couldn't come with me right now because she still needs to go to school..

 

 

"Ready for the ultrasound, Ms. Park?" The doctor said as she motioned for the door.

 

 

"Yes.." I nodded and smiled at the doctor while following her inside the ultrasound room..

 

 

I lay on the bed as I roll higher my shirt just below my s. The doctor put the familiar cold gel onto my stomach and got the instrument used for the ultrasound.

 

 

"You see this, Ms. Park?" The doctor asked as she motioned her hand in a circular motion on the monitor. I nodded at her..

 

 

"This is your baby.." She said as she smiled at me..

 

 

"You hear that sound?" I nodded as the lub-dub got louder and louder.. I nodded at her again..

 

 

"That is your baby's heartbeat..." The doctor said. My world just stopped and I could not hear anything else aside from my baby's heartbeat. And in that instance, this baby that I'm carrying became my whole world. A tear fell from my eyes as sudden emotions rush through my veins.

 

 

"You want to know the gender of the baby?” The doctor looked at me as she still continued circling that instrument in my stomach..

 

 

"No.. I want it to be a surprise.." I said while my gaze is locked on the screen which is showing my baby..

 

 

"Okay.." The doctor pulled away the instrument she used and got some tissue and wiped the gel off my stomach.

 

 

I stood up from the bed and lowered my shirt. Then I followed the doctor outside to where the desk is, and sat down at the available chair..

 

 

"Don't forget to take your vitamins and drink lots of water. And try to exercise often coz it helps you to have an easy delivery.. See you next month, Ms. Park.." The doctor said as she handed me a piece of paper. When I looked closely, it is the sonogram of my baby. I smiled while looking at the picture..

 

 

I put it inside my wallet and thanked the doctor and then went out to go home.

 

 

When I got to our apartment, I quickly sat at the couch and pulled the sonogram from my wallet. I stared at it for a very long time and then sets of tears suddenly fell from my eyes..

 

 

How I wish I could share this feeling with Jiyong. The feeling of the strong love when you saw the sonogram of your baby and the shifting of my world when I heard my baby's heartbeat.. But how would he, if he doesn’t even know that I'm pregnant with his child??

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the boring chappie.. 

Till my next update! :*