chapter 26

Who U Are To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was wondering around the mall. She ended her job early and headed to a bookstore, to buy storybooks for the kids at the orphanage. She’s alone because Yuri needed to accompany Yoona to meet with their friends whereas Jessica rejected to go with them. She already promised Kyungsan and Jimin that she will buy new storybooks for them, that’s why she couldn’t join YoonYul.

Once she reached the bookstore, she approached the Kid’s section. Jessica was looking for the best books for the kids. She went through some of the storybooks and found herself smiling widely while reading it. It reminisced her to her childhood when she loved to read fairytales.

Jessica was born in San Francisco and stayed there until she was 9 years old. She spent her childhood by reading fairytales like Snow White, Cinderella, Red Riding Hoods, Beauty and The Beast and others. That’s why she is not familiar with Korean’s fairytales.

 

Jessica was looking for the suitable books when she saw a familiar figure at the other book shelves. She quickly walked towards that person.

‘Jaejoong-shi!’ she called and that person turned around. He instantly smiled when he saw her.

 

‘Oh, Jessica! Anniyong!’ he greeted informally.

‘Anniyonghaseyo,’ she replied, formally.

 

‘What are you doing here?’ Jaejoong asked with smiles.

‘I am looking for storybooks for the kids at the orphanage,’ Jessica replied while smiling too.

‘Me too. I wanted to buy storybooks for them but I don’t know which one to choose. Can you help me?’ he asked.

‘Yeah, of course. We can choose together…Plus, I know what kind of books the kids prefer,’ she said with her bright smiles.

‘That’s great,’ he said. He is happy to see her in her happy modes.

 

 

‘Are you alone?’ Jaejoong asked Jessica while they were looking for the books.

‘Neh… My friends can’t accompany me because they have a date,’ Jessica told.

‘What about you? You don’t have a date?’ he asked.

‘No, that’s why I am here,’ she replied while smiling.

‘Your boyfriend doesn’t ask you for a date?’ he asked, out of curiosity.

She was startled when he asked that question. Top’s image instantly appeared in her mind and heart.

 

‘Nope, I don’t have one,’ Jessica answered while forcing a smile.

‘I don’t believe it.. A pretty girl like you doesn’t have a boyfriend?’ Jaejoong asked.

‘Actually, I do have one but he went somewhere far away,’ she told.

‘What do you mean?’ he asked, curious.

 

‘What do you think of this book?’ Jessica asked, changing the topic.

‘Ermmmm..i think it is suitable for the kids,’ Jaejoong replied, aware of her intention to change the topic. He is curious why she did that but he doesn’t ask because he noticed her uneasiness.

‘We should buy these kinds of books. It’s good,’ she said while scanning through the books.

‘Okay,’ he responded with his eyes were fixed at her face.

He noticed the sadness that she was trying to hide from him. He wanted so bad to ease her sadness but he doesn’t know how.

 

 

Both Jaejoong and Jessica bought several types of books for the kids.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter