chapter 19

Who U Are To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After several minutes, they arrived at their destination. Jessica was drown in her thought and didn’t aware of her surroundings. When the bike stopped, she lifted up her head from GD’s back and is surprised to see the place where GD bought her to.

‘Amusement park,’ she said, almost whispering. Once again, he made her remembered Top.

‘Yes, it’s amusement park,’ GD responded, he heard her whispers earlier.

 

Both of them hopped down from the bike. GD helped her to unbuckle her helmet. Then, he ruffled his messy hair, the same way Top always did to himself.

 

 

A light smile cracked on Jessica’s sad face when she saw GD's act. A smile that never showed up after Top’s death but today, it is displayed again because of GD.

‘You smile,’ GD said when he saw her light smile.

Her smile vanished once he said that.

 

 

GD saw her messy fringe and he leaned closer, to fix her fringe. He gently fixed her fringe with his soft gazes never left her face and that’s make Jessica’s heart skipped. The way he fixed her bangs and the way he gazed at her sent some kind of odd feeling into her heart. It was the same kind of feeling that Top always gave her and once again, he made her remembered about Top. She saw Top in GD.

‘Come on, let’s go. I will make you smile again,’ GD said to her.

‘Neh, Jiyong-shi,’ Jessica responded, still not smiling.

‘I wish you can left out the ‘shi’ part in my name and replaced it with oppa,’ he told, cheekily.

A smile almost cracked onto her face by his cheekiness.

 

‘Kajja!’ GD said while grabbing Jessica’s hand.

They walked into the amusement park with GD is smiling while Jessica still maintaining her sad face.

 

 

 

 

‘Ajusshi, give me two ice-cream,’ GD said to the ice-cream ajusshi.

‘What flavor?’ ajusshi asked.

 

‘What flavor?’ GD asked Jessica.

‘Strawberry,’ she shortly answered.

 

‘Ajusshi, strawberry and chocolate,’ GD told the ajusshi.

The ice-cream ajusshi gave the ice-cream and both of them left.

 

 

 

‘You know, ice-cream is a good medicine to treat a disease called sadness and depression,’ GD told Jessica while strolling in the park.

‘Baby, whenever you are sad, you must eat ice-cream. It’s the best medicine to treat your sadness and depression,’ Top told while smiling to her.

 

 

‘Once again, you make me remembered Top oppa,’ Jessica thought while gazing at GD, who is his ice-cream.

 

‘Hey, why don’t you eat yours? It’s melting, ‘GD told Jessica who seemed zone-out.

She snapped out from her thought and quickly her ice-cream.

 

 

‘Did you come here often, Jiyong-shi?’ Jessica asked.

‘Ermm, not really. I rarely got free times, always busy with works. I think this is my 3rd time being in an amusement park,’ GD told.

She nodded and continued eating her ice-cream.

 

‘The first time I went to amusement park was during I was a kid. I was sad because I’m not included in my school’s football team. So, my dad brought me to an amusement park and I instantly forgot my sadness and happy again,’ GD told his old story that he never told anyone before.

‘What about the second time?’ Jessica asked.

‘It was a year after my parents’ death. It was my birthday and I was so sad because no one knew my birthday. So, I went to amusement park and enjoyed myself. It’s nothing near to erase my sadness but, at least I felt a bit relief by crying and shouting while riding the roller-coaster. Other people didn’t aware that I was crying because of sadness, they thought I was scared,’ he recalled his sad memory.

However, he doesn’t look sad at all. His face looked calm and composed even though he just told his sad story.

 

Jessica tugged his right arm and he turned around, to look at her. She saw a tint of sadness in his eyes that he was trying to hide.

‘I’m sorry,’ she apologized.

‘It’s okay, it’s an old story. I’m okay,’ he assured and smiled.

‘I wish I am strong like you,’ she uttered while gazing down on the ground.

‘You are a strong girl, Jessica... You just need times to heal and when you get your strength back, you are going to be okay,’ he consoled with his warm smiles.

She cracked a faint smile upon hearing his words and witnessing his warm gazes and smiles.

 

 

 

‘See, that is the first step in regaining your strength back,’ GD said while pointing to Jessica’s light smile.

‘I know. I used to tell people to smile every time they have problems. It’s because my mom always told me; just smiles and nothing cannot be resolved,’ Jessica stated her favorite quote while reminiscing her memories with her mother.

‘So, you need to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter