chapter 14

Who U Are To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After about 20 minutes, Jessica finally stopped crying and composed herself. She broke her hugs with her savior.

‘Who are you?’ was the first question she asked to the handsome black-haired guy.

‘Hi, I am Kwon Jiyong. You can call me Jiyong,’ GD introduced himself, telling his real name.

‘I am Jessica. You can call me anything you want,’ she weakly introduced herself.

‘Alright, Jess,’ he said with a light smile.

 

‘Why am I here? How did I get here?’ Jessica asked.

‘I save you at the lake earlier. I don’t know where you live, so, I bought you here instead,’ GD explained.

‘Why did you save me?’ she asked, weakly.

‘It’s my responsibility to save someone in danger. I happened to be at the scene, so, I save your life. Plus, it’s my 3rd times saving you,’ he told with a smile.

‘3rd times? What do you mean?’ she asked, confused.

‘Don’t you remember me? We met already met before. I save you from falling on the ground and then, I save you from get hit by a car. Don’t you remember?’ he questioned.

 

Jessica gazed at the guy beside her. She gazed at his face that somehow looks familiar to her. Suddenly, the incident that happened a week ago flashed in her mind.

‘Ahh, now I remember. It’s you, young mister. You changed your hair color, right? You were blonde when we met before,’ she told.

‘Yeah, I was blonde. So, you do remember me,’ GD said.

She just curtly nodded at his question. Her sorrow eyes were set on the floor, not looking at him.

 

 

 

‘You shouldn’t save me, mister,’ Jessica said with her head down.

‘Call me oppa. I am older than you, I guess,’ GD replied.

‘You shouldn’t save me,’ she said, ignoring his earlier words.

‘Why? I can’t just ignore it when I saw someone drowning and need my help,’ he stated, kindly.

‘I don’t need your help because I am drowning myself. I don’t need anyone’s help, I just want to drown and die. You should pretend like you didn’t see me and let me drown in the lake,’ she calmly replied while looking straight at his face.

He is dumbfounded to see her so calm talking about her own death. She looked determined to end her life and there was no light or hope left in her gazes. She looked like someone who lost the reason to live and wanted to end her life as soon as possible.

 

 

‘So, are you saying that you were trying to commit suicide by drowning yourself in the lake?’ GD asked, pretended clueless even though he already knew.

Jessica nodded as the answer of his question.

 

‘Why? What is the reason that made you do such a stupid act?’ he asked, seriously.

Jessica looked at him and now she saw the same exact expression that he wore a week ago, when they coincidently met. The cold, serious and grim young man, not the kind and nice guy that talked to her few seconds ago. He even smiled to her earlier, different from his attitude when they first met.

 

‘Why?’ GD asked again, still with his serious and grim looks.

‘I lost my reason to live in this cruel world. I lost everyone I love, every single person,’ Jessica answered and tears started to form in her beautiful eyes.

‘Can I ask what happened to you?’ he asked, softer than before.

‘I don’t have anyone left in this world. My family dead years ago and now, my fiancé is died too,’ she replied with her sorrow eyes and sad face.

His heart is sinking when he saw her sorrow gazes. He remembered and missed her glowing and shining eyes; and her blazing and captivating smiles that he saw on their first meeting. The gazes and smiles that instantly captured his attention and heart.

 

 

‘I believe you still have friends, right?’ GD asked.

Jessica just nodded as an answer to his question.

 

‘So, you are not alone. You still have your friends,’ he consoled.

‘It’s different, Jiyong-shi. Family and friends are different. You don’t understand,’ she replied weakly.

‘Trust me, I do understand. I don’t have family too. I lost them since I was a kid,’ he told her.

‘I am sorry, I didn’t know,’ she apologized, shocked to hear his same childhood as hers.

 

‘It’s okay. It’s an old story after all….. See, I can live even I’m alone. Why can’t you do that too? You are still young. Why did you give up on your precious life?’ GD asked with concern looks.

‘You don’t understand, Jiyong-shi. It’s different between you and me. Maybe you are stronger than me. I can’t bear this pain anymore. All the people I love ended up leaving me. He is the only person I have left but now, he is dead too. He left me like my family did…….. I think I don’t deserve to be love by anyone,’ Jessica stated and a stain of tears dropped on her cheeks.

‘Don’t say that. That must be a fate but trust me, you will found someone that will always stay by your side, forever,’ he consoled and trying hard to control his urge to wipe her tears.

‘I don’t need someone else and I don’t want. He is my world, I just want him to shine my life. I just want him,’ she sobbed.

 

 

‘Jessica, you need to be strong. You can’t give up… Your late parents and your fiancé must be sad if they know you tried to commit suicide. They must be really sad if they know you gave up on your life. I believe they wanted to see you keep on alive, live your life to the fullest. Even though they are not with you but, they are always watching over you from above,’ GD consoled her, softly.

‘It’s easy to say but it’s hard for me to going through all these pain,’ Jessica sniffed.

‘I know, I understand your pain. But, like I said before, you have friends, right? Friends that always care and love you like their own,’ he said.

‘I did, they are like my own sisters,’ she replied, weakly.

‘So, you need to be strong for them. It’s unfair for them if you choose to end your life like this. You need to brace yourself because they might be worried for you,’ he told, kindly.

 

‘OMG, they must be freaking out right now. How long did I sleep?’ Jessica asked.

‘Ermmm, about 4 hours. It’s late at night already,’ GD told her.

‘I need to go home now. Yuri must be really worried about me,’ she said while trying to arise from the bed.

GD helped her in standing up but suddenly, her eyes widen when she noticed the clothes she wore. She is wearing an oversized t-shirt with a short pant.

 

‘Did you change my clothes?’ Jessica asked while covering her chest with her arms.

‘No2x, don’t get the wrong idea. Ajumma who worked for me changed your clothes, not me,’ GD told her.

She sighed in relief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter