chapter 22

Who U Are To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later

 

Jessica just finished her job for the day and was walking back home, alone. Yuri was not with her because she needed to accompany Yoona to go shopping. They asked Jessica to tag along but she refused because she didn’t have mood to do any shopping.

Jessica is slowly walking while thinking about Top’s will. She directed her feet to a park where she almost committed suicide by drowning herself in the lake. While walking, she took her phone and called Doojun.

 

Doojun: Hey, Sica! Are you home yet?

Sica: Hi, oppa.. Nah, not yet..I’m on my way..

Doojun: So, how’s your day?

Sica: I’m good, Junnie….. Jun-ah, I…

Doojun: Owh, I’m so sorry Sica. I need to hang up now. Something’s up with my new case. We will talk later, okay? I’ll call you when I’m done..

Sica: Neh, arasso… Sorry for disturbing you…

Doojun: No, you are not disturbing me. I’m happy that you called me.. I’ll talk to you later, okay? Be carefuly..Byee~~~

Sica: Byee, Junnie~~~

 

 

With that, Jessica ended their phone call.  The truth is, she wanted to ask Doojun to accompany her to the lawy firm. She couldn’t go alone and she didn’t want to ask Yuri because she knew how much Yuri hated Top’s jobs. For sure, her best friend will nag and lecture her regarding Top’s illegal assets.

She let out a deep sigh while dragging her feet near to the lake. She stood near the lake with her eyes looking towards the green water.

Suddenly, Jessica thought of GD and she quickly dialed his number. After a few seconds, she heard his soothing voice from the other side.

 

GD: Hey, Jess! It’s good to hear from you..*happy

Sica: Hi, Jiyong oppa.. How are you?

GD: I’m fine and good… Just missing you…

Sica: Ne..neh? *startled

GD: Yes, I miss you. We haven’t met for a week, right?

Sica: That’s right, oppa…. Why you didn’t come to the café? Are you busy?

GD: Yeah, kind of.. I have many things to settle, you know, business deal.. I’m tired..

Sica: Aahh, poor you.. Don’t overwork yourselves, oppa…*concern

GD: Thanks for your concern… Now, I am back with high spirit and energy..*cheekily

Sica:*giggles

GD: How are you? Are you doing fine without me entertaining you? *playfully

Sica: I’m fine, oppa… Thanks for asking..*sounded sad

GD: No, you are not fine. You sounded sad…What’s bothering you? You can tell me, Sica…I’m here…

Sica: Oppa..are you busy right now?

GD: Ermmm, a bit…why?

Sica: An..anniyo…I wanted to see you. I have something to tell you…*slightly hesitant

GD: Aigooo.. ottoke?..I can’t leave my office right now…Need to settle things..

Sica: No, it’s okay oppa… We will talk later, when you are not busy…

GD: Okay....... Sica-yah, can I ask something from you?

Sica: What is it, oppa?

GD: Can you smile for me?

Sica: Smile? I am smiling right now..*lying

GD: Liar! I know you are not smiling. You are gloomy and sad..

Sica: How did you know?

GD: Pabo…I can tell from your voices…. Come on, Sica.. Please smile~~~… You look the prettiest when you are smiling.. Like sunshine…

Sica:*finally smiling…..

GD: Aha! I know you are smiling right now…

Sica: No, I did not! *still smiling

GD: Pretty little liar!

Sica:*chuckled…

GD: You should be like this always…Smiling and laughing..

Sica: You are like a magician, oppa.. You scared me..*joking

GD: I’m not a magician.. I just know by my great instinct..*smugly

Sica: Yeah2, whatever…*sarcastically.

GD: Sica-yah, can you turn around?

Sica: Turn around?

GD: Yes, turn around to your back…

Sica: Why? *while turning around

 

 

Once Jessica turned around, she is shocked to see GD in front of her with his phone against his ear. He was standing right in front of her with smiles plastered on his handsome face.

 

‘Oppa…’ she uttered, surprised.

‘I’m here, so, no need to use the phone,’ GD said while ended their phone calls.

‘Ah, that’s right,’ she replied and kept her phone in her bag.

 

 

‘What are you doing here?’ Jessica asked, still surprised.

‘What am I doing here? I am here to meet you.. Didn’t you ask to meet me?’ GD said.

‘How did you know I am here?’ she asked again.

‘I was heading to the café when I saw you left. So, I followed you from the café to here,’ he answered, casually.

‘Are you stalking me?’ she asked with raised eye-brows.

‘Well, kind of. Who wouldn’t want to stalk a pretty girl like you, right?’ he replied, cheekily.

She chuckled at his remarks and slapped his arm. He smiled seeing her mood changed from sad to happy.

 

‘You want to talk about something with me? What is it?’ GD asked, kindly.

‘Come here,’ Jessica said while spontaneously holding onto his wrist, bringing him to the nearest bench.

GD is overwhelmed in happiness with their body contacts that initiated by Jessica. They sat on the bench while enjoying the beautiful scenes in front of them, the green lake and park.

 

 

 

 

GD gazed at Jessica’s face and he knew something is bothering her.

‘Tell me, what is it?’ he asked with a warm smile.

‘I got a letter from my late boyfriend’s lawyer. He asked me to go to his office to discuss about Top oppa’s will,’ Jessica started to tell him her story.

‘Okay.. Did he leave all his assets for you?’ he carefully asked.

‘I don’t know but his friend told me he did.. Ottoke, oppa? What should I do?’ she asked, sadly.

‘Just go and meet his lawyer. You need to settle this thing if you want your late boyfriend rests in peace,’ he said, softly.

‘But, I don’t deserve it! And I don’t want his money or his assets! It’s meaningless without him in my life, oppa! I couldn’t accept it. I don’t want his money.. I just want him in my life, staying here with me… I don’t want it…. I don’t have strength to go to his lawyer.. I can’t, I’m not ready,’ she spoke with tears streaming down on her cheeks.

 

GD’s heart ached when he saw her tears. He is mad and sad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter