chapter 17

Who U Are To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘This is your dress. I took it from the laundry,’ GD broke the silence and gave Jessica a paper bag that contained her wedding dress.

‘Thanks. How much is it?’ Jessica took the paper bag.

‘It’s okay. It’s on my treat,’ he said.

‘But…’

‘No but, it’s on my treat,’ he insisted.

‘Thank you once again, Jiyong-shi,’ she thanked again.

 

‘You know, when I told your friends to not call me ‘-shi’ and to call me oppa, I mean it to you too, not only them,’ GD said to her with his killer smiles.

‘I’m…I’m sorry. I’m just still not use to call you ‘oppa’,’ Jessica told.

‘That’s why you need to practice yourself. Call me oppa from now on, okay?’ he said and once again, he flashed his killer smiles.

 

 

‘You look really different,’ Jessica said to him when she witnessed his smiles.

‘What kind of different?’ GD asked.

‘You always smiling now, different from the first time we met,’ she replied.

‘You mean I look like this?’ he asked and changed his expression into a cold and grim one. His piercing stares made Jessica flinched on her seat and somehow scared her.

However, kind smiles took over his cold face in seconds because he realized Jessica is scared of his coldness.

 

‘That’s how I looked before, right?’ GD asked.

‘Neh,’ Jessica shortly answered. She wondered how can he change his expression in just a second. And the most important part is, his cold stare was really scary.

 

 

‘I become different after I met someone that always smiling and bright. She always smiles even though I acted cold towards her. She thought me to smile and reduce my cold personality,’ GD told her. The truth is, the reason why he became a different person was because he wanted to bring back the old Jessica and to make her feel alive again.

Jessica was aware that he was talking about her but, she pretended clueless.

 

‘Who is that person?’ she asked.

‘You,’ GD shortly answered with his deep stares never left her face.

‘Ah,’ she responded while averting her face towards other direction. She is uncomfortable of the way he stared at her.

 

 

‘But now, I saw a different person in front of me. You are not the same girl that I met before. Your smiles are gone and there is no trace of happiness on your face. You look really different,’ GD said to her.

‘After what happened to me, I don’t have any reason to smile. I just don’t know how to smile again,’ Jessica replied with her sad looks.

‘You know how to smile but, you don’t want to do it,’ he stated.

‘Yeah, I guess that’s right,’ she admitted.

 

GD leaned his face forwards, closer to her.

‘You cannot be like this. You must be strong… It’s not true that you lost the reason to smile because you still have your friends with you. I can see how much they love and care about you. You being like this, make them worried. Don’t you pity your friends?’ he asked while staring at her face, intensely.

‘I do, I realized I make them worried about me. I’m trying, Jiyong-shi…. I am trying to be strong and back to my old self but I still can’t. It’s too hard for me,’ Jessica said with teary eyes.

His heart ached when he saw her tears. He wanted so bad to pull her into his arms and dry her tears.

 

‘Jessica…’ before GD could finish his lines, someone interrupted.

‘Sica, I’m sorry. I need to go now, something’s up at the office,’ Doojun told Jessica. Then, his eyes quickly caught the stranger opposite Jessica. He never saw that guy before but somehow, that black-haired young man looked familiar to him.

 

 

‘Junnie, this is Jiyong-shi. He is my new friend,’ Jessica introduced GD to Doojun.

‘Hi, I’m Doojun. Nice to meet you,’ Doojun introduced himself while shaki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter