chapter 16

Who U Are To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Solar café

 

After a month of Top’s death, Jessica is finally back to work at the café. Even though she is slowly recovering from her grief but, she still looks miserable, depressed and sad. There were no blazing smiles plastered on her face like the old days, no her high-pitched bright voices and no glowing eyes of hers. The Jessica today is the cold, emotionless, sad and gloomy Jessica. She shut off herself to everyone around her, including her close friends.

 

 

 

‘Sica-ah,’ someone called Jessica, who is dozing off at the counter.

Jessica half-heartedly averted her eyes towards that person, Doojun. He sat beside her, at the counter.

 

‘Junnie,’ Jessica quietly said with her emotionless and pale face.

‘How are you?’ Doojun asked with a light smile.

‘I’m fine,’ she replied, weakly.

Doojun sighed at her condition. He never saw Jessica in that state before, gloomy and sad. He used to see her in her happy and bright mode.

 

‘Hey, where is your smile?’ Doojun asked, softly.

‘Smile? I don’t know,’ Jessica replied, nonchalantly.

‘Sica, please don’t be like this. You need to be strong,’ Doojun consoled her.

‘Strong? How can I? He is gone, Junnie. He’s not with me anymore. How can I survive without him?’ she asked with teary eyes.

‘Hey, you are not alone. You have Yuri, Taeyeon, Fany, Yoona and you have me with you. I will always be with you, Sica,’ he coaxed, softly.

‘I know all of you are with me but, it’s not the same,’ she said, sadly.

 

‘Sica, I know it’s so cruel for you to lose him when he is everything to you. But, it’s all God’s fate,’ Doojun kept on consoling her.

‘I hate God! Is it not enough for him to take away my parents, Soojungie and Yunho oppa? Now, he took my Top oppa too. How can God be so cruel?’ Jessica asked and tears started to fall down from her eyes.

Doojun leaned in and pulled her into his arms. He hugged her tightly and gently tapped her back, to coax her.

 

‘Don’t c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter