My Sunshine Girl

Mystery of Love

[ Chapter 6 ]

 

Nicole POV 

    " Jaejin-ah, why you look so quiet recently. Why you keep avoiding me? Did I do something that hurt your feelings? Did something happen? Why you didn't tell me?" He just gave me a simple smile but it really different. Usually he will joke around and teased me like no tomorrow but now he just smile. Why Jaejin? I felt so lonely when seeing you like this.

  " No, nothing in particular happen. I just a bit tired. Maybe because lack of sleep." Then he smile again but he did not move an inch from his place. He never like this, he really an easy going person and very bright. He always make me smile and happy but now he just sit quietly in his place. He never like this. Eventhough, I'm always being picked but I'm happy, but when seeing him like this it totally sadden my heart. He always keep avoiding me and did not want to walk with me anymore. I sighed heavily. 

I came closer to him and sit beside him. He already close his eyes, I don't know if he sleep for real or he just faking it. I touched his hair slowly and then go slowly to his face. I really miss this jerk! His joke, his teases and everything about him. I stared his face, our face really close because we share one desk. It's lunch break so the classroom is a bit empty. I tried to close my eyes to, suddenly I felt something on my lips. It's really shock me, quickly I opened my eyes with disbelief face. Jaejin?! He kiss me?!

   " I like you, babo." Then he close his eyes back. I covered my mouth, did he realize what just he did? Or maybe he still dreaming? But he LIKE ME? For real?! Or he just sleep talking? " Nicole-ah....I like you,...don't go." 

I gasped, I leave his place and return to my place, I cannot believe what I just hear. Jaejin like me? He like me? My mind become blank, I cannot think. Is this for real or another stupid joke from stupid jerk like him. I want to know the truth. 

Hoya comeback from cafe and gave me a bread. But the bread did not attract my attention like always. My mind in somewhere else, I cannot pay attention to anyone right now. 

    " What's wrong  Nicole. You look pale. You sick? " Hoya tried to put his hand on my forehead but I quickly dodge it. He look even more suprised, even I also felt shocked with my reflextion. I felt very sorry to Hoya, he did not do anything wrong. That sudden confession make my mind miserable and I cannot think straight anymore.

  " I'm sorry Hoya. I didn't mean that. I'm just..." he cut my explanation with comfort word, but I can see his eyes look sad from my action. " It's okay, Nicole. You can take time. Call me when you need me ok. I'm always beside you." I just noded. Heavy sighed. My heart waver now between Hoya and Jaejin. I know I like Hoya but I'm like Jaejin too. We're really close since Middle School. Everytime I had a problem, Jaejin will be the first person to know. He know me very well and I really comfortable around him. I know, I should not had this feelings but....ah I don't know anymore. 

Jaejin wake up from his sweet dream and he stood up to exercise his body, " Ah, it felt really great!" . I smiled, that's so like him, so fool. He turned his back and saw me staring at him. Ah, he just caught me!

   " Yah Nicole! Why are you staring at me? Never saw me waking up huh?" I put a blank face, then he chuckle. I laughed, he really one of stupid jerk who I love very much. That's so much like him, but that confession...Is that counted as a confession? I'm confused. 

He took a chair and sit beside me, he turned back to Hoya. " Hoya! I'm borrowing her ok?" Hoya just noded his head. Like he could do anything. I'm already best friend with Jaejin even before he came to this school and he know that. " Hey, you look pale. You sick? " Jaejin put his hand on my forehead. I did not do anything and I just stay still. Actually, I was stunned by his action. I'm wondering why I did not dodge it like what I did to Hoya just now. It felt different seem like he not a Jaejin that I used to know.  I blushing, I don't know why suddenly I felt shy when Jaejin sit very close to me, or is this because of his 'confession'. 

  " Ah, no...I'm fine." 

  " No, you're not. Look like you've a fever." Jaejin still worried about me, and my heart cannot stop race.

  " Jaejin, I'm fine..really.." I grabbed his hand and our eyes meet. For the first time I felt different, seem like he is not Jaejin that I used to know. I don't know what I felt right now. " Erm Jaejin, can we meet up this evening."  Jaejin turnrd to Hoya again and he asked the same question.

  " Hey Hoya, can I borrow her again this evening?" Hoya noded his head but I can felt his death stare to me. Jaejin smiled more brighter. I thought I know everything about him but actually I didn't. I really want to ask him about his favourite colour. Yellow colour give impact to my life, because it related to my secret admirer who I really adore him.

 

Jaejin POV

It seem like I can enjoyed my date with Nicole this day. I'm not sure why but it seem the love bird having a problems. They didn't spend their lunch break together like always. Aigoo...but this is such a rare chance to me. Even if Nicole want to hang out with me but she never see me as a man. Well, she just see me as her best friend. That's really ! 

I already made the decision, I will go to Australia to pursue my dream. Nicole's heart already settle here, so I no need to worry anymore. Hoya will definitely take care of her. I will leave her to Hoya, I trust Hoya. He seem a really good guy for her.

  " Yah Nicole, here!" I screamed and waved my hands to her. Nicole saw me and burst into laughter

   " Yah, Jaejin-ah you embrassed yourself. No need to wave your hand. I'll definitely can find you. This is Jung Nicole!" 

  " Oh really? But it will make me to wait for another one hour." 

  " Yah Lee Jaejin!"

   " I'm kidding. Let's go."

We went to amusement park and cinema. We watched horror movie that I really love but it will be genre movie that Nicole hate. Slowly I holded her hand. She look suprised, but she just let it. I smiled, seem like this will be the most memorable 'date' for me. Nicole really hate horror movie, she always screamed, I found out it totally really cute. 

   " No need to be afraid. I'll always beside you." I whisper to her ear, it make her turned red and stunned there. She didn't answer me back like always. I guess maybe she didn't expect I will do something like that to her. Usually I will fooling around her and laughed to her scream. But today I totally different from the usual Jaejin, because this will be the last date for us. I wanted something memorable to both of us to remember.

We finished watching movie but we still walked hand in hand. Nicole seem blushed with my gentleman act but I'm totally happy. In my head, these question always replying like no end, 'What if Hoya didn't come here?' ' What if I told you that I'm your secret admirer?' Are things will going smoothly for us or maybe more worst? I cannot answer it too. Sometimes I had that thought but then I quickly erased it. No matter what Hoya also my friend. I think he suited the best for Nicole.

   " Ah Jaejin, I want to ask you something." Her sudden question really suprised me.

  " What? Seem important."

  " That day, you told me that your favourite colour is yellow right? But then why you always choose blue instead of yellow? Well I just wonder why?" I laughed with her question. What is this? Colour problems or what? But since she is Nicole I will answer it truthfully.

  " Yah Nicole-ah, what's the problem with that? " I can't stopped laughing, the question really weird. Nicole already pouted, and that's really cute. " Ok, ok..I'll tell you. You favourite colour is sky blue right?" she noded. " Then, it's settle. My favourite colour really yellow but if you told me to choose something for you. I'll choose sky blue because that's your favourite colour. You'll not wearing if it not your favourite colour right? You're really picky you know. So what's the problems now?" I still laughed, Nicole smacked my arms but I just cannot stopped from laughing.

  " You never tell me. All of this time I thought your favourite colour is blue."

  " So that's why all of my present are blue?"

  " Yes, you babo!" Nicole pushed away and run away. I can't wait any longer I'm also run to chased her.

  " Yah, Jung Nicole! Wait!"

 

Hoya POV

It seem Nicole really avoided me. Did something wrong happen? I relieved a heavy sighed. Why it has to be like this. Usually after school we will walked together, but now she treat me like I'm invisible to her. She will walked with Jaejin and totally ignored me. It almost a week, I think I didn't do anything wrong. Then why? She didn't even tell me!

  " Damn it..why Nicole." I heard someone entered the class, I thought we already ended our lesson. I lifted up my head and I found out Jaejin just right in front of my eyes. I'm burning inside. What he want again?  To declare a war? Or what?

   " Yah Hoya relax, I didn't come here to fight with you or do something absurd like we did last time. Just listen for what I said ok. Even we're rival but I still see you as one of my best friend. You always there when I need someone. I truly appreciate it." I felt like Jaejin's tone really different today. So, I guess he didn't lying and I just need to listen what he want to said. 

  " What't the matter? Do you have a problems? Come on you can tell me? I can help you." Jaejin smiled and he patted my back.

  " I'm so glad you said that. So, I guess I didn't choose a wrong person to take care Nicole." I shocked with his answer.

  " What are you saying? I didn't understand.."

  " I already made a promise with Nicole that we will graduated together and enter university together but I guess I can't fulfilled this promise with her. I've to go to Australia to continue my study. Since you're here, I didn't afraid to leave her with you. I know you can take care her really well. You also her boyfriend right? Just don't mind what Nicole did to you, she just confused. But deep in her heart she still love you."

 " You lied right! Jaejin! Don't create a story ok!"

  " This is the truth, I'll leave next week. I already make a transfer document but this is still a secret between me and teachers. Please don't tell Nicole about this. Hoya, please."

  " Do you think she didn't deserved to know! She will be super sad if you move without letting her know." 

  " I really can't see she crying. It seem like I can't go. Please." 

  " She deserved to know. She is your best friend right?! Nicole have to know it!" I ran away, I cannot believe this. Jaejin move out, what I'm supposed to do. Seem like I cannot tell Nicole about this matter too.

 

Nicole POV

   " Yellow huh?" I stared to the note that I'm treasure the most. I sighed again. What I'm supposed to do now? So who is my secret admirer, Hoya or Jaejin. Last time I really confident it was Hoya but now...Arghh Jaejin also just too adorable to resist. I never saw this side of him. I put the notes in the boxe again. 

I didn't know why but whenever I'm with Jaejin my heart will race. What is this mean? After the 'unofficial' confession from Jaejin, seem like my heart always race when I'm with him. I love Hoya but I also like Jaejin. I didn't want to lose both of them. They are too precious to me. Please let them stay beside me forever. 

I took my Middle School album and took my pictures with Jaejin and laughed to every pictures. We are so cute together, I smiled again. But why we didn't destiny to be together. I don't know when but my heart seem to like him even more. 

' My fool Jaejin, you stole my heart. What I'm supposed to do now?'