Interview

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

I have to prepare my self produce song for my interview and I have less than a week to prepare for it. I heard that Bang PD himself will interview us, and it makes me feel more nervous. What would I show to Bang PD on that day? 

I started to work on the track. It was simple but beautiful melody. Fortunately I don't get any writer block and the process was smooth.

I wanted to write a song about a pure one sided love, and I want it to be sweet and sad at the same time. It didn't seem to be something special for an interview. I wouldn't regret it if I use this song though. I named the song 'First Love'.

Honestly thanks to Min Yoon Gi, I got a lot of inspiration for the lyric. I was able to recalled my first love and it did bring me a nostalgic memory. I was kind of embarrassed to call him my first love, but then it was in the past anyway. So it shouldn't matter. 

******

Days passed really fast and it was my D-Day. I was extremely nervous, probably because I didn't want to fail. Also the probability to meet Min Yoon Gi makes it really nerve wracking. 

I chose to dress profesionally that day. White shirt and cream pencil skirt along with black heels. I also put on a light make up. I took a picture and sent it to In Na unnie. She replied that I look like a doll. I giggled at her comment. She can be really extra sometimes. 

After checking myself for the last time in the mirror, I make my way to the Bighit Entertainment building. I encouraged myself and went in the building with confident and poise. 

I reached the room which was specially for applicants like me. I saw that there's at least 20 applicants who are waiting there. We were told to hand in our tracks to one of the staffs. 

After what seemed like forever that staff came and called my name. I was called in the room Bang PD was in. I took a deep breath before entering the battlefield. 

The interview room was different from what I imagined. No big tables were placed in the middle of the room. Only two sofas and a coffee table.

I was fascinated to finally see Bang PD in person. The legend everyone was talking about. He looked the same as I had seen in the internet. He was plump, with round glasses and warm vibe. I noticed that he was not alone in the room. Bang PD was busy talking with another person. 

A second after, they finally noticed my presence and lifted their head to see me. I couldn't contain my gasp. Because the other person was him. It was Min Yoon Gi. 

He gawked at me and I can see a recognition from his expression, he's just as surprised as me. We held the eye contact for a few seconds before Bang PD made a cough sound. 

I broke the eye contact first and hastily introduced myself. 

"Good afternoon Mr Bang. My name is Lee Ji Eun." I gave them a polite bow. 

"Take a seat, please. And you can just call me Bang PD-nim." He pointed at the sofa in front of him. This kind of interview is actually more comfortable and less formal. 

I nodded and called out again with genuine smile. "Bang PD-nim." I tried to ignore Min Yoon Gi's constant staring. For now, my focus was on this interview 

"Let's listen to your track first." Bang PD gave a signal to one of his staff, and soon after my track was played. 

He hummed as he listened to my song. It made me kinda anxious, so I gripped the edge of my skirt to ease it a little bit. I noticed that Min Yoon Gi was also listening carefully despite his constant staring. 

First Love

The moment I met you for the first time 
I remember that I'm out of breath 
Maybe you've heard it 
And still remember the day that I was really upset

I really like it when I hear your voice 
But I like it better when we walked together
Yeah, there was a time
There was a day when I loved you with all my heart

You’re my first love everytime
I'll wait for you until spring snow comes
I think I was drunk that night 
When my heart is strange and the wind blows

You’re my first love everytime
I'll wait for you until spring snow comes
The night I was sad and stumbled
My heart is really strange whenever the wind blows

Sometimes I feel love is lonely
And my life is always hard
I know it from the day we spent together 
There was a day when I love you with all my heart

You’re my first love everytime
I'll wait for you until spring snow comes 
I think I was drunk that night
When my heart is strange and the wind blows

You’re my first love everytime
The night I was sad and stumbled
My heart is really strange whenever the wind blows

I let out a breath of relief when the song finally ended. Bang PD and Min Yoon Gi seemed to still be in deep thoughts. 

"Honestly not much technique and special skills were added into it compared to other applicants. But somehow your track had attracted me." Bang PD confessed. "It is ordinary but it touched my heart. You have successfully turned something ordinary into something unique." He continued. 

I was shocked by his words. It wasn't something I had expected. 

"Thank you for understanding me. I wanted to use a simple melody and simple lyrics to express my feelings. I know that it's risky but it doesn't mean that a song has to be complicated with many background instruments to be successful."

He nodded his head and smiled. "I agree with you. So because we already talk about the melody, can you tell me more about the lyrics?"

I wasn't expecting him to ask me that. I bite my lips, I was kinda embarrassed because the muse of my song was sitting in front of me. That song was about him, for God's sake. But then he wouldn't know right? 

I took a deep breath. "I wrote this while thinking about my first love. It happened during high school. I fell in love with this guy and I especially liked his voice. In the end both of us separated our way due to different dreams. I never expressed my feelings, instead I kept them deep down in my heart." I could feel Min Yoon Gi's stare bore into me. 

"It was a bitter yet beautiful love story. He became a stranger in my life. There was no saying that I couldn't live without him. But he was someone that I would never forget easily because he left me a beautiful memories. I can say that it is a song written for him and also a song to remind me that I had experience pure love once." I finished my explanation.

Bang PD nodded. I was focused on Bang PD and tried to not look at Min Yoon Gi because I was blushing. 

"It is a touching story and you successfully transformed it into beautiful lyrics." He commented. 

"Thank you." I couldn't help but smile at his compliment. 

"The voice in the track is yours?"

"Yes."

"Your voice does actually touch me too. You have the potential to be a talented producer and singer at the same time. Are you perhaps interested to debut as a singer? I don't mean to be rude, but with your look and voice, I'm pretty sure you'll be very popular." 

"Thank you for the compliments. But for now, I have no interest in becoming an idol or singer." 

"I respect your decision of course. Just tell me if you ever change your mind."

I nodded. "Of course."

"Mind asking you, what are your hobbies?"

"Oh? It may sound boring but besides producing songs, I like watching movies and reading books a lot."

"Those are great enough. Alright, that's all for today."

"No matter what the result is, I would like to thank you for acknowledging my work. It means a lot to me. I enjoyed talking to you." I gave him a deep bow. 

"I had a great time too. Goodbye, see you again." 

My face twitched into a smile, forg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter