Walking Down Memory Lane 3

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

Yoon Gi and I were at the rooftop, leaning on the railing, watching the sunset. 

"I always like it here. It's quite and peaceful." He said, eyes staring at the sunset. 

"It's kinda my favorite place too." 

"This is my save haven in school before you started joining me." 

I hit his arm. "Yah, do you mean I'm annoying?"

He laughed. "No, on the contrary, I like your company. You didn't talk much at that time but it was a comfortable silence for me."

"I was afraid that I'll bother you if I talk too much."

"How considerate you are." He ruffled my hair. "Actually I was thrilled when you started turning up here. But I'm not good at making conversation, so yeah.."

I chuckled. "Well, you're so much better at making conversation now."

"I've improved." He shrugged. "But I'm curious, why did you start hanging out here?"

I scratched my head. "It's embarrassing, but I kinda followed you here. You were so immersed in your work that you didn't notice me at first, I remember that it took a few week before you notice my presence. I used to sit there, listening to you practicing rap." I pointed at the spot where I used to sit. "I guess it's true that I'm your number one fans."

His eyes widen. "Really?"

"Yeah, then you caught me one day. That's when we started hanging out here."

"Honestly I'm speechless right now. There's so many side of your story that I miss. I'm kinda feel like a fool now. Nevertheless, thank you for being there, and for being my number one fans. It means a lot."

I just nodded and we stayed silent for some times before I broke the silence again. "Yoon Gi ah, sometimes I think that some things are too strange and too strong to be a coincidence. Don't you think so?"

He nodded. "You know, I'm very grateful that you found me that day. I owe my life to you."

I was surprised that he bring that up. I thought it was a memory he wanted to bury forever. "No, you didn't owe me anything."

"I did. If you didn't find me that day I probably did stupid thing and I won't be here today. There won't be BTS or at least there won't be BTS with Suga in it."

I grabbed his larger hand in mine. "I'm glad that I did. It won't be the same without you."

He pulled me, so I was in front of him. He's hugging me from behind. "I went here that day to die, I thought I don't have any reason to live anymore, but your words change everything. It knocked some sense into me that at least there's one reason to live, at least there's one person who care. You changed my life Lee Ji Eun."

I gripped his arm that circling my shoulder. "Whenever you have a hard time, just remember that you're not alone Yoon Gi ah. I'll always have your back, then, now and in the future. Besides, now you have more than just one person who'll always support you. You have your members, you have army, and even your family."

"I know." He hold me tighter. "But it's good to know that you care for me back then when I'm  just a nobody. It means that you like me just the way I am, Min Yoon Gi, a poor kid who loves music and rapping and have a big dreams, not who I become now."

I chuckled. "You have no idea. I was quite heartbroken when you left."

"You are?"

I nodded. "Yes, it's quite embarrassing to talk about it now. But I did have a hard time when you left. I just found that I'm in love for the first time but I lost my chance to show my feelings. I cried a lot at that time, I even made my mom worried about my mental health."

"I'm sorry." He whispered in my ears. "I tried to find you after I debut, but you're no longer live in your old house."

"You did?" 

"I did. I was hoping that if I become more popular you'll notice me one day and find me. Guess, it took five years." He chuckled. 

I scratched my head. "Ehmm.. I'm not really interested in boyband. So if In Na unnie didn't force me to go to your concert I probably wouldn't know that you've become an idol."

"How about now?"

"I think I'm into it, but only because there's you in it." I giggled. "But then again, even if I didn't go to your concert, I'd probably still get the job at Bighit. So it would be possible for us to meet one way or another. Another coincidence right?"

He nodded. "Sometimes the road of life takes an unexpected turn and you have no choice but to follow it, to end up in a place you're supposed to be."

"Where does I'm supposed to be?"

"To be by my side, don't you think?" He bare his trademark gummy smile. 

I hit his arm playfully. "Do you know that you can be very cheesy sometimes?"

He laughed. "But you love me anyway."

We stayed like that for a while, just enjoying the scenery.

"It still feels like a dream you know, everything just seems surreal." I said, breaking the silence. 

"Why?" He frowned. 

"I don't know. Maybe because I have prepared my heart to get rejected or heartbroken. I don't expect you to like me back, moreover liking me even back then when we're still in highschool." I shrugged. 

He's resting his chin on my shoulder. "Actually I'm not good at expressing my feelings. I'm terrible at it so many people misunderstand me. I'm always thankful, always sorry for not expressing my feelings. It's too bad that I'm not good at explaining my feelings. I'm sorry if I make you feel that way."

I smiled at his sincere confession. "It's okay, I think it's part of your charm. Maybe I should sue you for real for being so charming." I teased. 

"You're really something Lee Ji Eun."

We both laughed at his statement. 

"By the way.." He suddenly said. 

"Hmm?"

"When I read your journal, something caught my eyes."

"What's that?"

"There's this lyrics, if I remember it correctly the title is 'eight'. For some reason it caught my attention."

"Ahh, that one. That's my last lyric that I wrote before I move to Seoul, also the last lyric that I wrote about you in those journal."

"Can you explain the lyrics for me?"

"Why?" I furrowed my brow. 

"Your lyrics always have a unique metaphor, so I want to know how you interpret it. Also I'm curious about what you have to say for me at that time."

I cleared my throat. "Well, 'Eight' is like a short novel of confession of my eighteen year old self using various metaphors. I think it comes from my personal feelings that enduring tough times due to losing someone, but my eighteen year old life is likely to be remembered as a recurring helplessness and fatigue, and a longing for the Orange Island where we were not sad and could be free." I smiled. "The memories of you keep me alive and happy even if I have nothing to look forward to. Memories oftentimes last forever, if you keep revisiting them frequ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter