Back to Reality

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

'Save Me' was done. 'Fire' was done. 'Young Forever' was done. 

The demos of the main three were done five weeks before the comeback. 

Producing a high quality album was a miraculous procces. I was honored to be able to contribute my energy into a part of it. 

It was even magical when I heard my voice in the demo. It was given to BTS as a reference. 

The recording would be starting the next day. Their choreography would be done soon. 

It was a tiring day finishing the track. A final touch and it would be perfect. 

01.27 am.

A new record of midnight work. The day was finally over for Minhyuk and I.

"Let's go back together?" I covered my mouth while yawning, mind slowly shutting down because of the tiredness. 

"Nah, I've plans tonight." Unlike me, Minhyuk was still energetic, in fact, more high spirited than before. 

"Plans? This late? Where?" I would have killed anyone that asked me out this late after such a tiring day. 

"I'll go to bar at Garosugil with some friends. Do you want to join?"

Minhyuk loves club and bar. He even invited me a couple of times to join him. I'm not a big fan of clubbing but I have to admit that it wasn't that bad to go sometimes. It was even kind of fun when I wasn't this tired. I couldn't believe he still has energy for that. 

"Nah, I'll pass." 

"Too bad." He gave me a dissapointed expression. "Yeah, I guess. See ya!" Minhyuk headed to the opposite direction of mine. 

Never mind then. I would go by myself. I was still wary of going alone this late at night. But I couldn't let my fear gets the best of me right? Fortunately I hadn't get any weird messages since that night. 

Walking towards the lift like a zombie, I held back my steps when I heard a voice from one of the studios.

That person had nice vocals, but his sound was mixed with frustration. 

"Sarangi.. Sarangiran.. Aishhh!!" 

I peeped inside the room and saw a boy sitting below the faded dim lights. His eyes were glued to the computer, one hand busy typing the keyboard, another controlling the mouse. 

He didn't look happy even from the back. His producing path wasn't that successful, I guessed. 

Despite being sleepy, my hands moved out to give a small knock on the door. I crossed my arms and leaned at the side frame, looking amused. 

Jeon Jungkook turned around with frowns and a grumpy face. He seemed a little startled to see me, but two seconds later, he turned his attention back to the screen, clearly ignoring me. 

He wasn't shy or embarrassed like what others said. He was simply being cold to me. 

"Need help?"

Jungkook plucked in his headset into the computer and blocked my sound in an impudent manner. 

I wasn't satisfied with his attitude. I walked in the studio and stood behind him, bending down to see his work. 

It was 'Love Is Not Over', a track from the previous album. 

"What are you doing?"

He didn't asnwer. 

I tapped the idol's shoulder twice.

Still no answer. 

I poked his headset lightly thrice. 

Feeling annoyed, Jungkook finally tore away the headset from his ears and stared at me with those hazelnut chipmunk eyes. 

"Can you please stop disturbing me?" He was pissed off. 

"Just want to say that the background isn't smooth because one note is wrong."

".........which one?"

"Here." I pointed at the screen. Somewhere I thought was a little off when I heard it just now. 

He changed the note one octave higher and it sounded much better. 

He faked a cough and murmured. "Thank you."

"Welcome. What are you doing with this track?"

"It's mine, I can do whatever I want."

"You wrote it?!"

It was Jungkook's turn to cross his arms. His tone was proud and arrogant. "Any problem?"

"Just never thought you produced songs too."

"Bangtan's songwriters are not only my three hyungs. I'm trying too."

"I didn't mean like that."

"Whatever."

"Is thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter