Recording

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

"Jieun noona, Jin hyung, are you ready?" Jungkook who was in charge for our recording asked the both of us. 

I glanced at Jin oppa and he did the same, we both nodded.

"Yes."

I could see an excitement in Jungkook's eyes, this is the first time he was in charge for recording. Seeing how passionate he was, I was excited for him too. 

Jungkook suddenly approached me and gave a light massages on my shoulder. "Are you sure you're in the best condition, noona? You seemed tired lately."

"Just lack of sleep, but I'll manage." I patted his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. 

"Don't push yourself too hard."

"Yes, don't worry."

"Here.. Drink this first." Jin oppa handed me a bottle of herbal juice that is good for my throat. 

"Thanks oppa." I winked at him and took the small bottle, emptied it immediately.

Jungkook went to set up the equipments. 

"Okay then, let's start with Ji Eun noona's part first." Jungkook said after he finished. 

"Yes." I entered the booth, waiting for his instruction, while Jin oppa plopped down beside Jungkook. 

Once everything was ready, Jungkook gave me thumbs up and motioned for me to put on my headphones from the other side of the glass window. 

"Do you need warming up first, noona?" Jungkook asked through the microphone connected to the booth. 

I shook my head. "I already did that earlier, no worries." I spoke through my own mic, adjusting the height.

"Okay noona." He flipped the switch that turns the red light by the door, signaling that recording session is on going. "Let's do the first three lines, then see how it sounds. Do you need to practice with the melody guide?"

"It's fine." I replied. "Let's remove the melody, I'm familiar with the marks."

"Okay, let's start."

Jungkook put on his serious business face while Jin oppa leaned back on his chair, watching me solemnly. The familiar melody was played right after that. 

I gave an ok sign, then glanced back at the sheaf of lyrics propped against the stand next to me. It's not like I need it, because I already memorize all the lyric, but just to make sure in case I forget.

I started singing. 

Stop being out so late
Try not to drink so often
You don't listen to me like a 10 year old child

I stopped on the third line like Jungkook's instructed me, the music was still playing before I saw him scrambled to push the stop button. I chuckled, he was very cute when he's trying hard. 

He turned his mic on. "Noona."

"Yes?" I asked, a little bit nervous. Did I make a mistake? 

"Yah noona.." A grin appeared on his face. "That was GREAT!" He cried. 

I flinched, yanking off my headphones in shock at his sudden outburst. 

"Your voice sounds very great noona." He slapped the desk for emphasis. "Hyung, did you hear that?" He turned to look at Jin oppa. 

"She was great." Jin oppa gave me a big smile and thumbs up.

"Noona, let's go at it again. The pitch is perfect already. Let's try put more color in it." 

I nodded. 

The music blared in my headphones again, and this time I tried to sound more bubbly and cute. 

"Okay, that was perfect, noona. Let's move on to the second verse then the first chorus." He gave me a big smile and I returned it. 

He hit the play button and I started singing again. 

You don't know how it feels for me to say these things
Should I stop?

From one to ten, they're all words for you
But since you don't listen to me, it's only nagging to you

A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can't help but tell you even if you hate them

Jungkook pressed the stop button after I finished the first chorus. I stepped away from the mic, glancing at Jungkook and Jin oppa. 

Both of them gave me a thumbs up again to tell me that I did a great job. I breathed in relief. 

"Noona." Jungkook spoke from his microphone. "Let's record the rest of the song first, since we don't know how much time we'll take. If we can, we'll do some reruns on the first verse, just so we have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter