An Outing

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

Five weeks left before the comeback. 

'Save Me' was almost finished, with the need of touching the chorus part. It was a little bit off but not a big deal. 

A serious and tired Yoon Gi wasn't exactly what you would like to see. His smile was faded, replacing it with frown and anger. 

Anyone could tell that Yoon Gi was stressed out and dissapointed of himself. He would be upset and pouting the whole time whenever the melody or lyrics weren't right. 

It made me worried about his mental and health condition. 

It was a day off the next day so I thought of taking Yoon Gi out. He definitely needed a short break to cool down. 

"Yoon Gi, are you free tomorrow?" Yoon Gi was playing keyboard with his golden fingers before I disrupted him. 

He shrugged. 

"Let's go out then?" I could feel butterflies tangled inside my abdomen. It was weird asking him out the first time. 

He raised his brow and smirked. "Are you asking me for a date?"

"I.. I'm just thinking that you have worked too long so maybe I can bring you out and have fun? Just for one day?"

"Is my condition that bad?" He crossed his arms, unintentionally showing off his biceps. 

I nodded. 

He his lips and clicked his tongue. A damn hot thing to do. 

"If it's you, then I'm on."

I could finally smile widely, thankful that he didn't reject me or else it would be so awkward. 

"So, where do you usually go when you're stressed?" I asked. 

"I just sleep?"

I gave him an unsatisfying stare.

"Ermm.. I haven't play basketball for a long time. I do miss it."

My eyes glittered with joy. I swore that basketball was my favorite sport. "Deal." I replied without any hesitation. 

"But I prefer the late night ball."

"Do you play better that way?" 

"It is quieter at night."

"Alright, you choose the place. See you tomorrow!" I went back to work, heart thumping at the thought of tomorrow's off day. 

******

Maroon tank top. Checked. Black comfortable short pants. Checked. Burgundy velvet jordans. Checked. Ponytail. Checked. 

I smiled at myself in the mirror. It was a fresh look, even myself was astonished. 

I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs as soon as I heard Yoon Gi's car honking sound. He offered to give me a ride. I was grateful though, the thought of going out alone at night still made me freak out sometimes since that horrible incident. 

So somehow I gave Yoon Gi my address without hesitating. 

Months ago, it would have been crazy to think that Min Yoon Gi and I would become friends. This was a good saying. Anything could happen the next second. 

Yoon Gi in sunglasses is not something new but I was still mesmerized because of it. His arm stuck out of the window in a lethargic manner. Noticing my presence, he turned around and worn a faint smile on his cheeks. 

I was paralyzed. I forgot to move or speak until he broke the silence. 

"Are you coming in or not?"

"Oh, good evening." I quickened my steps into his passenger seat. Lee Ji Eun, you were damn embarrassing.

"Should I go greet your mom before we leave?" He asked as soon as I got inside the car. 

I felt a slight pang in my heart. He didn't know about my mom's death yet. 

"No need. I live alone." I answered. 

"For living alone, your house is huge, huh?" 

I just shrugged. 

"I thought you were well off before, turned out you're filthy rich." He teased me. 

"My grandpa is. He bought me this house when I started college."

"Lucky you. "

"It's too much though, and it's kind of lonely." I stared out of the window. 

After that we didn't talk much during the journey because of the sudden awkwardness coming from me.

The basketball court was twenty five minutes away from my house. It was a remote area with a low population so the court was empty. Though, it would be scary if I was here alone. 

Glancing to Yoon Gi at my side, I lost my breath. Yoon Gi was just wearing a plain white tee with black knee length shorts. 

The dim street lights shone above him. He glowed lightly like a peck of warmness in the dark. Why did he look so tempting this night? 

Yoon Gi started to dribble the ball as soon as it laids in his hands. The way he handled the ball so effortlessly showed that he was a good player. 

His smile lifted until I could finally catch a glimpse of his gummy smile. 

"This is my favorite thing to do besides music."

"I prefer to watch basketball match out of all sports. But I'm not a good player."

"It's okay, want a battle?"

"Why not? But please don't give in to me."

"Yes ma'am. I would definitely win you." He smirked and the play started. 

Yoon Gi ran hell fast and dribbled the ball with full speed. He was just having fun teasing me, causing me to chase around him like a fool. 

I was fed up ten minutes later. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter