Walking Down Memory Lane 1

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

The weather was nice that morning. Yoon Gi and I had a light breakfast with his parents before the both of them going to work. Fortunately they didn't make another awkward comment, so it went smoothly.

It was almost 9 am when I knock on Yoon Gi's room. I had a big grin plester onto my face.

"Are you rea..." Yoon Gi seemed surprise to see me and stop mid sentence. Can't blame him, I'm currently wearing my old school uniform. I'm a 23 years old wearing a high school uniform. He probably think I'm crazy.

I didn't wait for him to continue and just handed him a pile of clothes that consists of his old school uniform. I asked it from eommoni earlier. 

"What's this?" He seemed confuse.

"Your uniform." I grinned. "Let's go have a date wearing a school uniform."

"What?" A second later he burst out laughing. 

"Why? It's my wish to have a date in school uniform." I pouted. 

"Nothing, it's just that I don't expect this when you said that it was a surprise." He almost tear up from too much laughing. 

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Change your clothes now, I'll wait downstairs." I pushed him back into his room. 

"Arasso, arasso.." I could still hear his laugh even after he closed the door. 

******


This is only a references. Just imagine that they have the same uniform.

We just got off from the bus and now we were walking side by side wearing school uniform. Fortunately it wasn't crowded, and Yoon Gi had his mask on most of the time to prevent from being recognize. But I think this is a good disguise, who would have thought that Suga from BTS walking around using school uniform?

I knew that he think this is kinda hilarious, I did too actually. But I'm grateful that he's just play along with me and didn't complain or anything. It's been in my bucket list for a long time and when will I have the chance like this again?

"Don't I look like high school student?"

"You look like a high school bully, with your blue hair." He teased.

"What do you mean bully?" I protested. 

He laughed. "So, where are we going?"

"We're going to our school?"

He raised a brow. "Seriously?"

"Yes, let's go." I slipped my arm under his and steered him to the direction of our high school, he just followed along. 

We arrived in front of Apguejong high school, our almamater. I knew that it's a holiday for the students so I don't need to worry about Yoon Gi being recognize. I already made a call to the school caretaker to inform him that I'll be visiting. Fortunately I have a good relationship with the school caretaker ahjussi when I was still in school, and I still have his number so there wouldn't be any problem. 

"Ahjussi.." I waved my hand happily as soon as I saw the ahjussi. He was still the same, if not look a bit older. But he still have that kind vibes around him. I knew it first hand because he help me to chase away a boys from other school when I was a student. 

"Aigoo.. Ji Eun, it's been so long." He reached out to shake my hand. 

I shook his hand. "Yes, it's been so long ahjussi."

"You've gotten prettier." He complimented. 

"Anniyo ahjussi.. Ahh by the way, this is Min Yoon Gi, do you remember him?" 

Yoon Gi took off his mask at once. "Annyeonghaseyo." He gave a slight bow.

"Of course, of course. I've seen you a lot on TV." He patted Yoon Gi's back. 

"Really?"

"Yes, my daughter is a big fan of yours. She's so proud to study in the same school with you." He laughed. 

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, can I get your autograph for her if it's not a bother?"

"Of course, of course. It's a honor for me too." He immediately agreed. "Ehm, paper.."

I took a piece of paper and a pen from my backpack and handed it to Yoon Gi. He scribbled his autograph, not forgetting to ask for ahjussi's daughter name as he wrote some encouragement words in the paper before handing it to ahjussi. 

"Thank you so much. My daughter will be thrill."

"You're welcome." 

"You got yourself a fine young man Ji Eun ah, but I expect nothing less from the Goddes of Daegu." Ahjussi teased.

"Ahjussi..." I whined at the mention of that nickname, and why do peoples keep on assuming that we're together? I mean, we're not dating yet.

Yoon Gi trying to hold his laughter after hearing ahjussi's comment.

"I remember that you hate that nickname." He laughed. "Ahhh Ji Eun, I'm sorry but I think I should go now. My wife would kill me if I'm late to pick her up. Just call me when you finish." Ahjussi said, checking his watch. 

"Yes ahjussi, thank you for allowing me to visit and sorry for troubling you on your holiday." I said gratefully. 

"Don't mention it, it's not a big deal. Besides, I'm always happy to help my favorite student." He gave me warm smile. 

Both Yoon Gi and I said thank you one last time before ahjussi left. 

"So, here we go." I grinned excitedly. "Let's go." I tugged his arms. 

He grinned back and followed me. My first destination was music room. I used to spend a lot of my time there, writing lyrics and notes. Surprisingly for someone who's into music very much I barely ever seen Yoon Gi in the music room. 

When we entered the room, I noticed that not many things has change throughout the year. It's still the same white wall, white floor, with a various musical instruments like piano, guitar, violin, bass, drum, etc. 

"Music room, huh? Why I'm not surprised?" Yoon Gi commented. 

"This used to be one of my favorite place in school." I exclaimed as my fingers trace the piano. "Honestly I was surprise that I didn't see you much, here."

He shrugged. "Nah, I prefer the rooftop. It's more quiet."

"I see."

"Too bad that I never know you're interested in music back then."

"Well, I'm kinda keep it a secret at that time. Basically nobody knows." I took a seat in front of the piano. 

"Why?" He immediately added. "Only if you're comfortable to talk about it of course."

I chuckled as I gestured for him to sit beside me. "It's not some amazing or complicated story, but I'll tell you if you want to know."

He took a seat beside me and nodded, encouraging me to start. 

I cleared my throat. "So ehmm, the story start when my father mary my mother. My father's family never like my mother because she came from a humble background and humble study as well. In other words, they looked down on my mother." I played some random notes on the piano as I recalled the story. "Then when my father's died in an accident, my mother decided to pack up her things and took me to Daegu, her hometown. She raised me alone since then, she work day and night so that she could always put food on the table for me. She never expect nor force me to do anything I don't want to do, but I knew that deep down she wish for me to be better than her, so nobody will look down on me. I knew that she secretly wish for me to study something fancy like business or law. I love music so much, but it doesn't give you certainty. We knows how many peoples so passionate about music but only a handful who's gonna make it. So I just pretend to do it as a hobby in front of my mom, instead I study super ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter