Flashback 2

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback ~

Lee Ji Eun's POV

A couple of months went by without much going on. Despite my interest to the mysterious boy named Min Yoon Gi, I never attempted to get closer to him. I interpreted my interest as my fascination to him. 

I soon learned that Min Yoon Gi was a smart student. His grades are higher than mine, which mean something because I always was one of the top student. He was an isolated person with no friends, but his strong aura made nobody dare to mess with him. Moreover, he seldom talk unless teacher called him. 

Until one day, fate decided to play trick on us. My teacher for some reason thought that putting two bright students together in a science project would be a great idea. That's how me and Yoon Gi ended up doing the project together. 

It was during the break time, I was sitting alone at my desk, scribbling some lyrics on my notebook when I noticed his presence above me. I looked up and was met with those piercing eyes. Looked at him up close, I could see that he has single eyelids. Even though his eyes were small, he had long eyelashes. His eyes were captivating, but for some reason I could sense the sadness and loneliness in them. He has a very pale skin. I also noticed that his voice was very attractive, it was deep and raspy. 

"We're assigned for a project." He said. 

That was our first ever interaction.

I gulped. For some reason, his presence made me nervous. "Ah, yes.. Science project right?" I answered, tried my best to sound cool. 

He nodded. "We're supposed to experiment with plant genetic."

"I see.." I closed my notebook that I forgot for a moment. "So.. When do we start?" I asked.

"Are you okay if we stay back after school today?"

"Sure.." I nodded agree.

That day I stayed back after school. My mom is always busy working and come home late so I don't really need to ask her permission. I'm sure she'll be okay with it tho. 

I collected my things and then went to look for Min Yoon Gi. He was waiting for me outside of the classroom, with his back leaning on the wall and his hands in his pockets. For some reason it made my heart beating fast. 

He noticed me, then walked toward me. "Want to go now?" He asked.

I just nodded. I followed him to the library. As I had guessed, the athmosphere between us was super awkward. Both of us didn't say anything after spliting the work.

Sometimes I stole a glance at him, he looked really serious. He would be scribbling something in his book then open another book for reference. Surprisingly I noticed that sometimes he would also steal a glance at me in between, and I would pretend like I didn't notice anything. At least I'm not the only one. 

We did the project for about two hours but we still have many researches to do so I suggested that we should do it again the next day. But he said that he was busy so we decided to meet up two days later.

During the day I saw him again, I could clearly see the dark circles below his eyes. I'm sure that it wasn't because of our project, because the project itself isn't that hard. So there must be other reason why he stayed up late.

We started the research, and as usual we didn't talk much. But surprisingly it was an enjoyable silent for me, and for him too I guessed from the way he seemed more relax and calm. 

He showed me his work after he finished his part. I was totally amazed by his precise and neat work. He was indeed the top student, even more than me. 

He helped me in some part that I don't quite understand without making me look like a fool, and I was honestly touched by that.

We decided to meet again two days before the presentation to discuss about it and this time we started to talk a little bit more. The awkwardness that cloud us before slowly began to melt. 

I was surprised when I discover some of his personality that I didn't expect before. He was blunt and straightforward. He said what he wants to say. He could be serious sometimes, but he could also be funny. I actually really enjoyed his company.

We decided to read our material one more time, just to make sure. But then I started yawning, I was quite sleepy because I stayed up late the day before, making music. I couldn't concentrate with reading any longer. I noticed that he was still busy reading so I quietly lay my head on the desk and soon I fall asleep. 

I was in a trance between sleeping and awake. That's when I felt someone tucking my hair. My heart was beating really fast because I knew it couldn't be someone other than him. 

I didn't dare to open my eyes so I just stayed in that position. I didn't know how long but the next thing I knew I was drifting to sleep. 

When I opened my eyes I was greeted by his face in front of me. He too was falling asle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter