Daegu

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

That evening before my train to Daegu, Yoon Gi texted me. 

Min Yoon Gi :
Hi Ji Eun.

Lee Ji Eun : 
Hi Yoon Gi.

Min Yoon Gi : 
Just want to let you know, I arrived at Daegu already.
Are you ready to go? 

Lee Ji Eun : 
Yes, I'm on the way to the train station.

Mim Yoon Gi : 
Okay, please take care and be careful.
Let me know when you almost arrive,
I'll pick you up. :)

Lee Ji Eun : 
Yes, thank you.
See you soon. 

******

The journey was quite pleasing, it's been a long time since I last use a train for transport. I enjoyed watching the scenery. Beside that I spent the time, reading my old journal. 

It was my journal when I was in highschool. I used to write lyrics and draw a picture there. But most of them were about Yoon Gi. Considering that I'll visit Daegu again, the place where I first met Yoon Gi, it made me feel kinda nostalgic. I know that it's cringy, but I'm actually a hopeless romantic even though I tried not to show it.

I smiled as I read some of the lyrics, it was at the time when I start to get to know Yoon Gi. I could feel how pure and innocent my feeling was at that time. 

There's also some lyrics that I wrote when Yoon Gi left. Tears prickle in my eyes as I remember how heart broken I was at that time especially when I thought he's probably dead. The last lyric that I wrote was 'eight'. It's a song about sad yearning that stems from returning to the same place, not being able to move on, and keep getting lost in thoughts. The reason the song is called 'eight' was I wanted to express my state of mind as 18 years old. Yoon Gi and I have the same age, that's also one of the reason. But I never finished that piece though, I always felt like there's something missing. 

It feels like miracle to me, because I never thought that I would meet Min Yoon Gi again after he left, but we did. We even become closer than we've ever been. It's almost like fate. 

For the most part of the journey I was lost in the old memories. It was until the attendant announced that we'll be arrive at Daegu in fifteen minutes when my mind finally went back to the present. I immediately text Yoon Gi, informing him of my arrival which he replied with 'I'll be on my way'. 

After the train has stopped at the station, I took my luggage and walked out of the arrival gate. As soon as I stepped into the parking lot, I spotted Yoon Gi immediately. 

He has his back leaning on the car and phone in his hand. Even though he had his sunglasses on, it would be easy to spot him. He just had that star factor in him. The way he wore sunglasses in a completely sun free hour, the unique fashion sense, the dangly earrings, the luscious light blonde hair, he was too good looking not to be a celebrity, it would have been such a waste. 

The moment he saw me, a bright smile flashed across his face and he removed his sunglasses at once, waving in my direction. Contrary to the cool chic man he looked like he was just a moment ago, he looked completely different when he smile. His tiny eyes squeezed into tiny fine line, his smile was blinding. I couldn't help but smile back at him as I pace my stride.

"Did you wait long?" 

"No, only five minutes. Let's put your luggage in the car first." He helped me with my luggage and we both waste no time to move, so not to draw attention. We still need to be cautious in case there's some fans or reporters that spot us. 

In the midway I notice that we're not heading to our old neighborhood. 

"You don't live in your old neighborhood anymore?"

"Nah, last year I bought a new house for my parents after I finally made enough money."

Wow.. He's really made amends with his parents and it actually warmed my heart somehow. "You're a good son you know."

"I'm trying."

"So, ehm.. Is it really okay for me to stay at your place? I mean with your parents." I asked the question that has been bugging me since earlier. 

"Don't worry about that. I already told my parents that my friend would be staying for a few days, and they're really okay with that."

"Oh, okay."

Ten minutes later we arrived in front of two story house. The house was painted in green and has a quite fair size. It doesn't look very extravagant but it surely one beautiful house. A small rose garden had been planted in front, and it obviously been carefully planned and loved. 

Yoon Gi insist on helping me carry the luggage even though I told him that I can do it myself. But Yoon Gi being Yoon Gi, he's one hell of persistence guy. 

As soon as I entered the first thing I noticed, the house was welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. Upon the walls were the photographs of two boys, I'm guessing it's Yoon Gi and his brother. The floor was an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns and the walls were the greens of summer gardens meeting a bold white baseboard.

"Yoon Gi, is that you?" There's a rustling sound from the second floor. 

"Yes eomma." Yoon Gi answered.

I was a bit nervous, I'm gonna meet his family after all. I mean, is it normal to bring a friend of opposites to stay at your house? 

A few seconds later a woman that seems to be in her mid forty appeared. She's a little plump, has short hair, but I could tell that she's one beautiful girl in her youth, and she still does. She seemed a little surprise when she saw me. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Ji Eun, Yoon Gi's friend. Nice to meet you." I gave a slight bow as I made an initiative to greet first. 

"Omoo.. Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Yoon Gi's mom, you can call me eommuni." She composed herself immediately and returned my greetings with warm smile. 

"Yes eommuni." 

She scanned me up and down. "Aigooo, why are you so pretty?"

I'm a little embarrass by her sudden compliment so I just wave my hand. "Aniyo eommuni."

"Yoon Gi ah, why didn't you tell me that your friend is a girl? I haven't make up the guest room yet." She scolded Yoon Gi. 

"I did tell you that my friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter