M Countdown

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

I was at the backstage of M Countdown with Minhyuk and Do Hyeong oppa. BTS were on stage, being nominated for the first place. If it goes well, it would be their first win for 'Fire'. 

"Why I feel like I was more nervous than them?" I said in between biting my lips. 

"Same here." Minhyuk was stomping his feets on the ground every now and then. 

"How if they lost?" I covered my mouth in exaggeration manners. 

"Oh my God, don't even mention that!" Minhyuk was overreacting by grabbing my sleeves. 

"Calm down you two. No need to worry, they'll win anyway." Do Hyeong oppa clicking his tongue, probably annoyed with us. 

"I guess you were very calm, that's why you've been walking in circles for the past fifteen minutes, hyung?" Minhyuk smirked. 

"This kid, really." Do Hyeong oppa crossed his arms in front of his chest, defensively. 

I knew that even though he tried not to show it, Do Hyeong oppa was as nervous as us. I can't blame him though, he took part in making 'Fire'. So this must be important for him too. 

We were so immersed in our own nervousness that we didn't hear it clearly when the MC announced BTS as this week champion. 

"Oppa, did BTS?" My eyes widen. 

"They did." Do Hyeong oppa shrieked, he couldn't contain his own excitement either. 

"Oh my God, did you hear that Ji Eun? BTS mentioned our name!" Minhyuk was jumping like crazy. 

BTS was currently doing their winning speech, RM representing them as the leader. He thanked all the members, staff, army, and production team, which include us. 

"Omoo.. Omoo.." I can't contain my happiness, I was tearing up. 

"Yah, why are you crying Lee Ji Eun!" Minhyuk scolded me, but he himself seemed to holding back tears. 

I didn't know why I suddenly became such a crybaby. But I wasn't kidding when I said I was so happy for Bangtan. They really deserve that. 

"Noona.." Jungkook jogged toward us, followed by the other members walking behind. I was in my own thoughts that I didn't notice when they're getting off the stage. 

Jungkook has the biggest smile and suddenly he threw his arms around me. "We won!!"

"Aigoo.. I knew you guys will win anyway." I patted his back. 

He still seemed very excited because the next thing I knew Jungkook was twirling me on the air. 

"Yah, put me down!" I complained.

"Put her down, Jungkook ah." Jimin defended me. 

"I was just so excited." Jungkook finally put me down, still with smile on his face. 

"Are you tearing up?" Taehyung suddenly lifted my chin, he gave his trademark smirk. 

I slapped his hand. "I'm not."

"Ohh, she is." Minhyuk informed. 

"Yah, you're also tearing up!" I complained. 

They all laughed. My eyes finally found Yoon Gi, he was hidden behind RM earlier. He had his hands on his pocket and he gave me a smudge smile. 

"Min Yoon Gi." I didn't know what came into me, probably my own excitement, because the next thing I was running towards him and hugged him. 

He seemed surprised by the impact but immediately returned the hug. 

"You did it." I whispered. 

He was brushing my hair with his fingers. "Of course, we did it together."

We were oblivious by the situation until Do Hyeong oppa made a coughing soon. 

I finally realized the situation and immediately let go of Yoon Gi. My face was burning red due to embarrassment. It must be very awkward. Why did I hug him in front of everybody? Stupid, stupid.. I didn't even dare to lift my head. 

"Let's go the waiting room guys.." Do Hyeong oppa instructed.

"Come on, noona." Jungkook pushed me in front of him.

We all followed Do Hyeong oppa to the waiting room. Soon they all busied on their own. Taehyung was goofing around with J-Hope and Jimin, RM layed down on the couch seemed exhausted, Jin has his earphone on, Jungkook was playing game in his phone and Suga was swiping through his phone. 

Me myself also swiping through my phone, checking any news about BTS comeback, and I could say that the respond was mostly positive. 

Suddenly I recieved a message. 

Min Yoon Gi : 
Yo

I frowned at the message, why did he texted me when we were in the same room. I glanced to check on him for any kind of expression but he had his usual blank expression. 

Lee Ji Eun : 
What? 

Min Yoon Gi : 
Wanna grab some coffee? 

Lee Ji Eun : 
Where? Now?

Min Yoon Gi : 
Yes, just follow me. 

Yoon Gi suddenly stood up from his seat, he said something to Jin. Probably made some excuses, and then he walked out of the room. I followed him a few seconds after. The others were busy on their own so they didn't seem to notice when I left. 

As soon as I opened the door, I spotted Yoon Gi standing on the opposite wall. 

"Let's go." He said. 

I didn't know the way around here, so I just let him guided me to the M Countdown cafetaria. I saw some other idols hanging out in the cafetaria, there was also a few staffs there, probably taking a break. 

"Like usual?" Yoon Gi asked.

"I can order myself." I tried to protest.

"You bought me a drink the other day, it's my turn."

"Fine. Just the usual."

He nodded and went to the counter while I took a seat on one of the couch. 

Ten minutes later he was back with my latte and his americano, like usual. 

We fell into companionable silence. He sipped thoughtfully on his americano, sighing quietly as he savored the cold beverage. I smiled, watching him clasp the glass as I drink from mine. 

"How have you been? We didn't get to talk much these past few days." He started of the conversation. 

"Seriously, how many times do I have to tell you that it was a bad way to start a conversation." I rolled my eyes. 

He chuckled. "I just wanted to check you know."

"Well, I'm doing fine, nothing crazy." I shrugged. 

"I hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter